• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Adidas Gets NHL Jersey Deal

Rate this topic

I'm sorry but I don't understand how advertisers think that putting their ads on billboards or jersey's are going to make people buy their product. The ads are annoying and turn me off to their product.

Name recognition. If you name 3 beers off the top of your head, 2 will prow be Bud, Miller, Corono, Dos Equis, Labbatt, Molson, or the light version of those because you see them everywhere.

Name recognition. If you name 3 beers off the top of your head, 2 will prow be Bud, Miller, Corono, Dos Equis, Labbatt, Molson, or the light version of those because you see them everywhere.

Or you just don't drink good beer. ;)

Still, your point is valid. I really hope the ads don't happen, but the Wings did sort of test those waters when Amway was their presenting sponsor didn't they? I seem to remember Amway patches on practice jerseys. I thought it was horrible.

Or you just don't drink good beer. ;)

Still, your point is valid. I really hope the ads don't happen, but the Wings did sort of test those waters when Amway was their presenting sponsor didn't they? I seem to remember Amway patches on practice jerseys. I thought it was horrible.

What about that DTE engery crap on there goal horns or whatever?

What about that DTE engery crap on there goal horns or whatever?

I vaguely remember that. My daughter still HATES Tireman due to the Belle Tire power play ads. I think if there was one in PA she'd have had a conniption fit if we were to drive past it. That was from back in 2001-2002 and 2002-2003 season when she would watch the first period of the games with me then I'd carry her up to bed. Her favorite player back then was "Bett Hull"

Edited by TheXym

Why can't teams negotiate their own deals ? You know ask some of these companies to provide an acceptable concept and choose the one that suits the winged wheel best. If that's Adidas so be it but if Nike has a better one why not choose them ?

Personally I've always thought the more annoying an ad is the less likely I'll buy their product. Yes I know who that stupid Ge...o company is but thanks to their stupid annoying eyes I'd never ever choose their service. Same goes for that car insurance company - no freaking way. Can't wait till NHL players will look like moving billboards like in Europe.

Can someone please pull a john Lennon on bettman ?

The game is growing and making money cause it's a great game .... It has nothing to do with gary bettman, now he's just trying to throw these billionaires what? An extra 4 million a year each?

Here's a crazy idea ... Why not just raise ticket prices by like 5 bucks a person so we don't have to see these stupid f***en ads that won't make anyone buy s***

Wait , there gonna raise the ticket prices regardless .... Assholes

In many ways the NHL is trying to follow the NFL-the worlds most financially successful league. Everything is controlled by the league. As for adds on the jerseys, we will see if/when/how much that happens. Going with Adidas is fine. They are the parent company of CCM. Adidas owns Reebok which owns CCM. CCM is THE hockey equipment provider and always will be.

Nike started all the "athletic shoe manufacturer getting a piece of the hockey world" in the 90's by slapping the swoosh on Bauer equipment and getting players like Fedorov and Sundin to endorse it. I don't mind it but being old school I think hockey jerseys should be sponsored by hockey manufacturers (Koho, CCM, Bauer).

Nike started all the "athletic shoe manufacturer getting a piece of the hockey world" in the 90's by slapping the swoosh on Bauer equipment and getting players like Fedorov and Sundin to endorse it. I don't mind it but being old school I think hockey jerseys should be sponsored by hockey manufacturers (Koho, CCM, Bauer).

Feds looked so damn cool though all swooshed out.

Gloves, helmet, pants, stick, and those beautiful white bubble skates.