• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SetecX

New arena construction updates

Rate this topic

I did.  

On 8/4/2017 at 3:19 PM, LeftWinger said:

Don't know who made this, but the benches are wrong, the Wings penalty box in wrong and "The Hit" Vladdy put on the poor Hawerchuk was moreso close to where it says Larkin Fastlane.

Pretty sure that Kronwall's hit on Havlat happened in Chicago.  

Edited by GMRwings1983

On 7/8/2017 at 10:29 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

wpap59arb9ez.jpg

Anyone making a pilgrimage this year?

you know it, brah!

UwfjnvV.jpg

15 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Is it worth my time driving 7 hours, over-priced tickets, hotel costs, food/beverages, etc to watch a AHL caliber team?

to watch the Griffs? totally. 

Dood, Airbnb is the way to go. I also saved a lot by switching to Geico... but that's a different story

On 9/8/2017 at 0:02 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Bikes are haram. You must travel to Detroitistan to hear the good word of the prophet Justin Abdul-Kadir.

Justin disapproves

5d7c9169e6daf72599b2c656970bed81--albino

dude no need to misspell it on purpose, AbdelKader is already Arabic enough ;) 

Edited by NerveDamage

20 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

you know it, brah!

UwfjnvV.jpg

to watch the Griffs? totally. 

Dood, Airbnb is the way to go. I also saved a lot by switching to Geico... but that's a different story

Justin disapproves

dude no need to misspell it on purpose, AbdelKader is already Arabic enough ;) 

Na it's ok. I was trying to appropriate his culture.

That dude taking acid at the Kaaba has some serious cojones wowow

16 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Na it's ok. I was trying to appropriate his culture.

That dude taking acid at the Kaaba has some serious cojones wowow

and a bit hardcore too, don't want to think about having a bad trip surrounded by that many people. 

On 8/12/2017 at 3:40 AM, NerveDamage said:

In a Majority of countries in Africa this dude would be in serious trouble. Every part of his body would be sold at a price higher than gold.

Better not travel to much.

19 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Turning out to be a very unique looking building.

Also - 'arena' is not capital.

you just got me thinking...

the name is Little Caesars , it's not Little Caesar's, so... shouldn't there be many Little Caesar(s) in the logo for it to make sense? I mean, how many Caesars are out there? 

17 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

the name is Little Caesars , it's not Little Caesar's, so... shouldn't there be many Little Caesar(s) in the logo for it to make sense? I mean, how many Caesars are out there? 

Chris Ilitch will find the man responsible for the missing ' and he will be drawn, and quartered in the parking lot tomorrow morning  0900...Admission will be $20 to watch.

Ice is being put in:

Video board also being tested, along with banners in the rafters.  Although, if you look through some of the Instagram posts on either the arena's page or the District Detroit page, it appears the banners keep disappearing/reappearing.  So I don't know if they keep taking them down or if there is a system in place where they get wrapped up.

Side note...

Nothing to do with the new arena in Detroit...Just a rant on my behalf.

Here in Milwaukee - they're half-way thru in building a new arena for the NBA Milwaukee Bucks.

Back in the '80s - Lloyd, and  wife Jane Pettit were pursuing an NHL franchise...They were told that then 'Mecca Arena' (built in 1949) was too small, and outdated...So they built the Bradley Center which in 1988 was seen as 1 of the most innovative/modern arenas at the time. 

Flash forward a few years later - the Pettit's (read wife Jane) chose not to pony up the $50 million expansion fee, and that franchise then went to Tampa.

Long story short - the 'BC' was built for an NHL franchise...The Bucks became the #1 tenant...The IHL/AHL Milwaukee Admirals (who were owned by the Pettit's from 1976 till 2005) played at the 'BC' until last year - they got the boot, and are now once again back at the old 'Mecca Arena'.

Not only to add fuel to the fire...The new Bucks owners demanded a new arena (oh btw - tax payer $$$ will be used) because the 'BC' is considered 'run down', and 'not up to par' with other facilities around the nation...The 'BC' will get torn down sometime in 2018.

In summation...F*ck the NBA.

On 8/15/2017 at 5:33 PM, NerveDamage said:

They should add this guy. Now, that would make a badass roof.thompsonlittle-caesar-poster-tommy-gun.jpg.1cf87cbfd1d1b57aa6d17e53de29e890.jpg

Wonder if Illitch meant for the mafia reference.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk