• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kliq

Kyle Quincey

Rate this topic

You are damn right, without Mrazek this team is picking top 10 in next year draft. Are you saying that this is a deep team? If it's the case, what will be value of all other players?

Abdelkader: overpaid

Errorson: overpaid

Kindl: overpaid/cleared waivers

Howard: overpaid

Pulks: can't stay in lineup

Jurco: see Pulks

You are way oversimplifying this team's play this season. Its funny how you pick and choose certain players to try to get your point across. Last time I checked our team didn't consist of 6 players.

To take what you did, and do it accurately, please see below:

Abby: Top 6 forward. 1.8 or 4.25 million, both are not overpaying him. He is signed for too long but not overpaid at the moment. We are talking today right? Not 2021?

E - Definitely unappreciated here, he's not the 7th or 8th d-man some make him out to be. With that being said, he is a bit overpaid.

Kindl - Sure, overpaid

Howard - Fair contract at time it was signed, but with Mrazek we dont need him.

Mrazek - Great player, Great caphit.

Pulks/Jurco: Extremely small cap hits for two guys 23/24 respectively. Please show me a team with guys who dont get scratched.

Datsyuk/Zetterberg - Top 3 forwards, good caphits

Larkin - Top 3 forwards, amazing caphit

Tatar/Nyquist - Top 6 forwards, good caphits

Richards - Top 9 forward, not a great caphit but only a 1 year deal.

Helm - Top 9 forward, great caphit

AA - Too soon to really assess either way

Glendenning/Sheahan/Miller - Great 4th liners, great caphits

Green - Top 4 D-man, a bit overpaid. We need his offense to step up a bit.

Kronwall - Hard to say 100%. dont know if he has regressed or was just hurt the beginning of the year. Assuming he was just hurt, definitely a #2 dman with a great caphit.

Qunicey - Top 4 D-man with a good caphit

DD - Top 4 D-man with an amazing caphit.

Smith - Good third pairing guy with a decent caphit

Marchenko/Oueltte - Typical Kids getting their shot in the third pairing with very small caphits.

So based on this, we have 4 Top 4 D-man but we are definitely lacking a legit #1 guy (an OEL, Weber, etc.). We have 3 top 3 forwards, 6 legit top 6 forwards, and a ton of good bottom 6 guys. I admit we could use another gritty top 6 guy, but overall I believe our top 6 (D, Z, Larkin, Tatar, Nyquist, Abby) are quite talented.

Our team is much better then some people make it out to be. Due to a few bad contracts (E, Howard, Kindl) that ALL teams have, some people make us sound like we are riddled with bad contracts.

Edited by kliq

I've always thought Yandle was a little overrated around here, and Quincey took way too much flack up until recently. However, I'd definitely take Yandle over Quincey if we're just looking at the players, but once you factor in contracts, I'd take Quincey at $4.5M over Yandle at $6M. In saying that, I'd also rather have Ouellet or Jensen at under $1M than Quincey at $4.5M...

I don't think we should bring Quincey back next season, unless we're able to get rid of both Ericsson (highly doubtful) and Kindl (somewhat probable). And if we know now that we plan on letting Quincey walk in the offseason, we should try to get a return on him at the deadline, and same goes for Richards. I think we could get a decent return on both players from a contender at the deadline, and I don't think either would be the key to our playoff success this season... Trade both, and replace Quincey with Ouellet and Richards with Pulkkinen or Mantha. I don't think it makes us any worse right now, and gives us a couple more picks to work with going forward...

The problem is that the Wings have solid 2nd and 3rd pairings that cant play top pair. DeKeyser is a great 3 and Quincey is a good 4. Smith is a good 5 and Green is a good 6. But Kronwall and Ericsson are not good 1 and 2. They are another set of 3 and 4. And Ouellet and Marchenko are another set of 5 and 6. We need to get a true #1. At any cost.

What do you guys think about the Ducks defensive corps?

It's been bandied about that they might be willing to move one of their young D-men for some offensive help because they feel confident about their current depth and the prospects moving up through their system (Sounds familiar, huh?) Either way, here's what they've got:

Most recent pairings:

Fowler - Bieksa

Lindholm - Manson

Despres - Vatanen

Holzer - UFA - Likely on his way out

Stoner - Almost set to come back from injury

The TOI for these pairings seems pretty even with Fowler topping out at just under 23 minutes. Despres and Manson just over 18 minutes.

While they may be protected minutes in some cases, it does seem that the pairings are playing relatively equal times, but I'm not going to dive into analytics

Bieksa has a NTC, and honesly I'm not really interested, so I'm not even going to bother.

Fowler - 24 y/o (6'1" 211lbs) is signed at a 4.6 million for two more years. Could be a nice replacement for Kronwall in the future.

Would be surprised if he was moved, but if the right trade is there it could be a possibility? I mean, isn't EVERYONE tradeable? ;)

What would you be willing to part with to nab him? Is he the 'number one' we could be looking for?

Both Lindholm and Vatanen are RFA. They are 22 and 24 respectively with Vatanen being a bit undersized for a d-man but he seems to be a dynamic, offensive minded d-man with 8 goals and 22 assists on the year. I think the Ducks would eager to keep Lindholm with his combination of size and skating ability, plus he's got plenty of offensive upside. They may see Vatanen as the expendable piece due to his size, but he is a righty.

Do either of these players intrigue you for our future or do you think our own prospects are just as capable of making the cut?

I agree Bill! And Welcome back!

Although,I think if we acquired a legit #1/#2 guy, DD could become a top pairing guy playing next to him. I agree that Kronwall is and was never a #1 guy in the NHL, he was just forced there on this team when the failed to land Suter and Niskanen to a lessor extent. Which BTW, it seems like he chose wisely so far!

Problem is, who?

I personally don't want Q back here, and it's not because he's Swedish. He just makes too much and will too much when he signs for what he brings. Sure, right now he may be one of the better D on this team, but in the NHL he is nowere near one of the better D-men out there. Most other teams he is #5/#6 MAYBE #4. I'd only want to re-sign him, IF we bust out on getting the player we need AND the remaining kids in GR just aren't going to make it AND at a decrease in salary down to $3M or less. If we get someone or Sproul and Jensen are ready OR Q wants the anything north of $3M, we must bid him adieu! Ok, I'll go $3.5M or less, that is it though!

What do you guys think about the Ducks defensive corps?

It's been bandied about that they might be willing to move one of their young D-men for some offensive help because they feel confident about their current depth and the prospects moving up through their system (Sounds familiar, huh?) Either way, here's what they've got:

Most recent pairings:

Fowler - Bieksa

Lindholm - Manson

Despres - Vatanen

Holzer - UFA - Likely on his way out

Stoner - Almost set to come back from injury

The TOI for these pairings seems pretty even with Fowler topping out at just under 23 minutes. Despres and Manson just over 18 minutes.

While they may be protected minutes in some cases, it does seem that the pairings are playing relatively equal times, but I'm not going to dive into analytics

Bieksa has a NTC, and honesly I'm not really interested, so I'm not even going to bother.

Fowler - 24 y/o (6'1" 211lbs) is signed at a 4.6 million for two more years. Could be a nice replacement for Kronwall in the future.

Would be surprised if he was moved, but if the right trade is there it could be a possibility? I mean, isn't EVERYONE tradeable? ;)

What would you be willing to part with to nab him? Is he the 'number one' we could be looking for?

Both Lindholm and Vatanen are RFA. They are 22 and 24 respectively with Vatanen being a bit undersized for a d-man but he seems to be a dynamic, offensive minded d-man with 8 goals and 22 assists on the year. I think the Ducks would eager to keep Lindholm with his combination of size and skating ability, plus he's got plenty of offensive upside. They may see Vatanen as the expendable piece due to his size, but he is a righty.

Do either of these players intrigue you for our future or do you think our own prospects are just as capable of making the cut?

For me, the only one I'd be interested in is Fowler. Being from Windsor he's pretty much a local kid and yes, he has the potential to be a #1 for a while!

Cost? Sheesh....I am sure they'd want two of Tatar/Nyquist/Pulkkinen/Helm along with a prospect and draft pick. Since this is a Q thread, throw him in to help solidify their back end for the remainder of the year and their playoff run.

DeKeyser is absolutely a top pairing defenseman, a very solid number two. I like Fowler a lot, and he would be an upgrade for sure, but I'm not sure if he's what we should be trading for. I see him as another very solid number two, in the same mold as DeKeyser, slightly better. In a perfect world, we trade for a more offensive minded, clear cut number one that shoots right handed. I'm just not sure if that player will be made available though. In saying that, if he could be had relatively cheap (he can't) I'd do it...

I would have loved Bieksa a few years ago, but he has gone down hill quite a bit since then, and is not at all the type of player we need right now.

I have no interest whatsoever in Vatanen. He's a good puck moving defenseman, but he's very undersized. I don't see him as anything close to a number one.

DeKeyser is absolutely a top pairing defenseman, a very solid number two. I like Fowler a lot, and he would be an upgrade for sure, but I'm not sure if he's what we should be trading for. I see him as another very solid number two, in the same mold as DeKeyser, slightly better. In a perfect world, we trade for a more offensive minded, clear cut number one that shoots right handed. I'm just not sure if that player will be made available though. In saying that, if he could be had relatively cheap (he can't) I'd do it...

I would have loved Bieksa a few years ago, but he has gone down hill quite a bit since then, and is not at all the type of player we need right now.

I have no interest whatsoever in Vatanen. He's a good puck moving defenseman, but he's very undersized. I don't see him as anything close to a number one.

Ok, so if the asking price for Subban is Smith, Mantha, Ouellet and a 1st rounder in 2016, do you pull the trigger?

Ok, so if the asking price for Subban is Smith, Mantha, Ouellet and a 1st rounder in 2016, do you pull the trigger?

ugh...we'd have to, right? Right? I'd have to...plus MTL would get two French Canadians, and you know how they love that! I'd hate to give up Mantha, but Subban is top 5 talent in the entire NHL and he'd easily, easily be #1 here for the rest of his career! It would be a no brsiner IMO...

Edited by LeftWinger

where does the notion that Subban is available come from? Far from being a fan of his on ice antics and celebrations but this season he has improved his defensive game, so credit where it's due. That being said other than Price he is the most untouchable player in that team. Moulson would overrule Bergegin for sure.

The mentioned package has 2 solid pieces (Mantha, First rounder) that's not enough.

I would try to do separate trades Maybe a contender offers us a first for Quincey

where does the notion that Subban is available come from? Far from being a fan of his on ice antics and celebrations but this season he has improved his defensive game, so credit where it's due. That being said other than Price he is the most untouchable player in that team. Moulson would overrule Bergegin for sure.

The mentioned package has 2 solid pieces (Mantha, First rounder) that's not enough.

I would try to do separate trades Maybe a contender offers us a first for Quincey

Allegedly Montreal has been asking around to see what he's worth to teams.

:lol::lol:

Good thing Holland doesn't base his player judgement on goal celebrations or else Larkin and AA would be back in the AHL by now.

Edited by kickazz

I have to ask Frank, how does Subban's antics bother you, yet you have said before that you are a fan of a guy like Lucic? What is it about Subban's antics that bother you?

I have to ask Frank, how does Subban's antics bother you, yet you have said before that you are a fan of a guy like Lucic? What is it about Subban's antics that bother you?

I like the tenacity Loooch can bring, I don't like his yapping and other stuff of him too. But I've said countless times in terms of what he can bring he would be a great addition

Antics I don't like are over the top celebrations, the blatant cross check in the back of Goose..

I like the tenacity Loooch can bring, I don't like his yapping and other stuff of him too. But I've said countless times in terms of what he can bring he would be a great addition

Antics I don't like are over the top celebrations, the blatant cross check in the back of Goose..

Ok, I've never heard you say that about Lucic before, fair point.

I do believe though that a player like Subban would bring alot to this team. I could only imagine him Quarterbacking our PP. I would definetely trade Mantha and some for him, but that would never happen.