• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

3/26 GDT : Pittsburgh Penguins at Detroit Red Wings, 2:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

We don't have the talent to score lots of goals and be a higher seed. So yes, the goalies have to be better. If Mrazek wants to play for a better team, he's more than welcome to ask for a trade. I won't lose any sleep based on the mental weakness he's showed.

So our team doesn't have the talent to score a lot of goals, and thats ok. Neither of our goalies are capable of holding the opposition to what? 2 goals or a less a game for 82 games, so they are mentally weak and terrible? Ok.

So our team doesn't have the talent to score a lot of goals, and thats ok. Neither of our goalies are capable of holding the opposition to what? 2 goals or a less a game for 82 games, so they are mentally weak and terrible? Ok.

So you don't think Mrazek has completely fallen apart? He doesn't look anywhere near how he looked earlier this season. I don't remember us leading the league in goals around Christmas.

We don't have the talent to score lots of goals and be a higher seed. So yes, the goalies have to be better. If Mrazek wants to play for a better team, he's more than welcome to ask for a trade. I won't lose any sleep based on the mental weakness he's showed.

I think that we have enough talent and skills but we don't have a mix of size not toughness to maximize production of the skilled players

So you don't think Mrazek has completely fallen apart? He doesn't look anywhere near how he looked earlier this season. I don't remember us leading the league in goals around Christmas.

He has, I am not disputing that. All I'm saying is that certain people here are quick to jump on our goaltenders when they are playing bad, but nobody holds the rest of the team accountable. You're sitting here telling us that if Mrazek can't carry the team with our lack of goal scorers, that he can request a trade. Or you'll see people blaming Holland for not making deals. So tell me why our goaltenders are to blame, tell me why Holland is to blame, why the coaching staff is to blame, but why the rest of the team doesn't get the same blame?

Also, tell me what 1 goaltender in this league you'd replace either of ours with to carry the team the way you need them to, without costing you pieces like Larkin, AA for example? You remove pieces like that, and you'll have even less goal scoring and be in worse shape.

It's not like we're going to move up all that much in the draft...

No, but maybe Holland wakes up from his deep sleep and recognizes that this team has so much sucktitude, that there has to be a major shake up

Mrazek was the top 3 in GAA and Save% at the start of the year. Now hes 9th in both. Stats prove his game has slipped.

At one time, this idiot was leading the league in GAA and save percentage. What a total collapse from him mentally. At this point, I wouldn't mind if he hangs out with Jim Carey the rest of his life.

Its funny you say that because it was the Pens that ruined Jim Carey's career. He was good against everyone except the Pens who destroyed him every time, it wrecked his confidence and he was done. Mrazek wasn't very good in the two games against the Pens earlier this year, I was surprised to see him in there this afternoon. Howard has been improving lately and he's historically been good against the Pens or at least better than Mrazek has been. Plus, we got blown out in each of those games, wouldn't it make sense to at least try something different. I feel like Mrazek is having a meltdown similar to Howard's from earlier in the year, but the difference is we keep putting Mraz out there. With neither goalie really playing well enough to be called the starter right now, it'll be interesting to see what we do in the offseason. How long do we keep riding these two before we find out if either is the answer?

Yeah, but a show of hands as to how many of us wanted the streak to continue, even if we didn't do much in the playoffs....

Personally, I'm getting to the point where I don't even care if we don't make the playoffs for a couple of years ... if it means positive momentum in rebuilding and having a hope for a consistent team again. This may be a reality of the New NHL. Perhaps you gotta hit bottom to bounce back to the top ....

He has, I am not disputing that. All I'm saying is that certain people here are quick to jump on our goaltenders when they are playing bad, but nobody holds the rest of the team accountable. You're sitting here telling us that if Mrazek can't carry the team with our lack of goal scorers, that he can request a trade. Or you'll see people blaming Holland for not making deals. So tell me why our goaltenders are to blame, tell me why Holland is to blame, why the coaching staff is to blame, but why the rest of the team doesn't get the same blame?

Also, tell me what 1 goaltender in this league you'd replace either of ours with to carry the team the way you need them to, without costing you pieces like Larkin, AA for example? You remove pieces like that, and you'll have even less goal scoring and be in worse shape.

When have I ever shied away from blaming others? I never said it was all on Mrazek. But today he's the biggest goat. Sheahan is a close second.

Biggest problem is it's only the junior players that get to sit if they make a howler. There are a few vets on this team that need sending a message from time to time. That's the big difference between the new coaches and Scotty, he didn't have a problem sitting star players.

No, but maybe Holland wakes up from his deep sleep and recognizes that this team has so much sucktitude, that there has to be a major shake up

Holland should resign after the season. The ownership won't fire him and hopefully he's big enough to realize it's the right thing to do. He needs to stop taking advantage of the Ilitch family and his immunity.

When have I ever shied away from blaming others? I never said it was all on Mrazek. But today he's the biggest goat. Sheahan is a close second.

Fair enough. My comments weren't directed specifically at you. There are others who blame goaltenders only.

All I'm saying is that the entire team needs to be held accountable. Not just goaltending. Not just Holland. Not just the coaching staff.

Biggest problem is it's only the junior players that get to sit if they make a howler. There are a few vets on this team that need sending a message from time to time. That's the big difference between the new coaches and Scotty, he didn't have a problem sitting star players.

I think this post is spot on and part of the problem. It seems to me that only a certain percentage of players on this team have any level of accountability. I don't want to continue to bang the drum of Ericsson needs to be scratched or Gus needs to be benched, etc. , but it just seems strange that no matter what happens only a small percentage are held accountable.