• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

12/06 GDT : Red Wings 4 @ Jets 3 (SO)

I blame this win on Zetterberg. He's slow as a zombie but his skills still make him a player of rank. That backhand is goal was as beautiful as the one he netted the game before. Nice to see him finishing games like this, should help boost team morale and make the younglings fall in line to adopt his mindset.

Edited by Jacksoni

Good comeback win, great to see some resilience. Is it a shock that we started scoring once the lines didn't have two of our best players buried on the fourth?

Also, I said it before, but I'm super jealous of Winnipeg for having Laine. I can't believe he went second overall honestly. When's the last time you've seen a shot like that, with silky smooth hands like that?

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

11 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Good comeback win, great to see some resilience. Is it a shock that we started scoring once the lines didn't have two of our best players buried on the fourth?

It might be so simple that Blashill played such weird lineups and tactics that his incompetence befuddled the Winnipeg Jets coaching staff. Or he's a genius and misunderstood.

He sure confuses me so I can't answer that.

Edited by Jacksoni

22 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Also, I said it before, but I'm super jealous of Winnipeg for having Laine. I can't believe he went second overall honestly. When's the last time you've seen a shot like that, with silky smooth hands like that?

Ovechkin Jr. Patrik Laine is a reallll fun player to watch for sure. He's making me want to watch more Jets games. 

2 minutes ago, GoalieManPat said:

The same move worked for Nyquist his first 5 or so shots....then he missed damn near the next 20.

Ironically, a lot of people may not remember this but the move Zetterberg made last night was his classic one he scored in at least 5 times back in 06-09. Then missed a million after that. Decade later he makes the shot again. Goalies got good memories with most players. I remember Datsyuk had trouble too eventually with the same backhand glove side shot that he missed like 10 times in a row. 

Edited by kickazz

1 minute ago, kylee said:

funny realization from the shoot out last night: go back and watch, Nielsen, Nyquist and Zetterberg all did the same exact move and their goalie fell for it every time.

too bad Nyq couldn't shoot the puck, he really needs to get a goal and gain some confidence back.

52 minutes ago, kylee said:

funny realization from the shoot out last night: go back and watch, Nielsen, Nyquist and Zetterberg all did the same exact move and their goalie fell for it every time.

Rookie goalie. He's damn good, but still learning.

Yeah I was surprised Z was the 3rd shooter. The league's figured him out- was no reason for him to shoot. If Blash did choose him to go knowing that was a rookie goalie who would bite for the backhand deke then credit to him. 

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

Yeah I was surprised Z was the 3rd shooter. The league's figured him out- was no reason for him to shoot. If Blash did choose him to go knowing that was a rookie goalie who would bite for the backhand deke then credit to him. 

Maybe Blash is smart in some ways. Lol Isn't that Z's second shootout winner? Scored one against Jake Allen as well.

Z looks the best he has looked in quite a while. Hopefully the body holds up.  Up front we will be just fine. With Helm, Abby and AA it will give us the ability to do whatever we want up front in terms of lines.  Our D needs work like always and the only way to do that is a trade.  

9 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

We get it ami, you don't like Mrazek... for whatever reason. But you are the only one that wants to trade him. He is our future goaltender so either stop trolling or get used to it...

trolling?... ok, well, whatever.

But won't you agree, Mrazek, +Tatar and/or +Nyquist could  land us a good D man, e,g. like Shattenkirk or Fowler.

Shattenkirk is a pending UFA, so yeah, that would be enough to get him, but Holland would be a complete idiot to pay that ridiculous price... It's also way too steep for Fowler in my opinion...

Like I said though, we all get it, you don't like Mrazek, but like him or not, the kid has a TON of potential, and you don't just trade that sort of potential unless you're getting an absolute stud in return.

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Like I said though, we all get it, you don't like Mrazek, but like him or not, the kid has a TON of potential, and you don't just trade that sort of potential unless you're getting an absolute stud in return.

It doesn't matter whether I like him or not. I don't like a few people in Wings organization and I don't advocate for getting rid of them (expect to some extent, Blashill). What matters is that Mrazek (to my humble opinion) is the only feasible option for us to get solid D man. You won't get anything valuable for Sheahan, Glenny, Miller, or even Tatar and Nyquist. You should be ready to talk something like Mantha or Larkin or Mrazek for others to just start listening, right? Giving up Mantha or Larkin would be disastrous, while shipping out Mrazek would hurt not as much - we have Jimmy (and he's been more than solid) for another 2 years and that kid Coreau developing real good.

Another 'option' would be a hope to strike a jackpot at draft, but it is senseless.

So I am all for Mrazek to thrive for Wings own good. that good is what I saw differently from you.

I'd argue that Mrazek is just as or more important to the future success of this team, as Larkin and Mantha. I personally think we should move forward with all three of those pieces, but to each their own I guess... I'd prefer to hope that Howard keeps up his stellar play, and we can move him for a pick at the deadline. We definitely need to upgrade our back end, but not at the expense of our future number one goaltender...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Exactly. You don't trade the younger goalie when one has to go, especially if he's just as good or better as the other already, and has tons of potential to be way better. Howard has topped out, Mrazek hasn't. Like ANA with Andersen/Gibson, STL with Elliott/Allen. TB and PIT have decisions on which goalie to keep for the upcoming expansion draft. Bishop or Vasilevsky and Fleury or Murray. My guess is they both go with the younger guy.