• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Bruins fire Claude Julien

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

No, but that doesn't mean he wants to take over a team with this many bad anchor contracts.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

I never suggested he WANTS to take over this team. Only that we are certainly a more attractive destination than you give us credit for.

41 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

No, but that doesn't mean he wants to take over a team with this many bad anchor contracts.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Agree with the contracts part, but we would pay him big time and some people care about $$$

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I answered that.

Original 6. Untapped talent. $$$.

Need more?

You did.  You're also acting like I said the Wings were a cess pit on par with the Cleveland Browns or the Coyotes.  This team does have issues though, and a coach who wants to win the Cup in the next 3 or 4 years probably won't want to come here, and realistically the next coach is probably going to not last more than 2 or 3 years unless he can turn the team around quickly.

5 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

You did.  You're also acting like I said the Wings were a cess pit on par with the Cleveland Browns or the Coyotes.  This team does have issues though, and a coach who wants to win the Cup in the next 3 or 4 years probably won't want to come here, and realistically the next coach is probably going to not last more than 2 or 3 years unless he can turn the team around quickly.

Not sure if you heard, but we're not the Florida Panthers. Original 6 franchises are attractive in this league, simple as that.

Sure we're not good at the moment, but everyone knows there's untapped talent on this team. Not like Julien is going to hold out for the BlackHawks coaching position or something. Bad teams need coaches, that's how that works.

Reread my original statement. Not sure where you pulled "cesspit, browns, or yotes" out of that.

Which contender is hiring that you expect Julien to walk on to?

3 hours ago, F.Michael said:

If Julien wants to coach between now, and this fall - what are his possible choices?

Vegas - expansion team mostly comprised of other teams junk?

FLA - they just fired an 'old school' type in Gallant because owner/mgt had difference of opinions?

NYI - team futility at it's finest?

ST. Louis - now this team might be worth looking into for Julien. Cause Mike Yeo.

Detroit - $$$ not a problem (owners willing to spend), Original 6 franchise, new barn for the 2017/2018 season, strong fan base.

For me - it seems the Blues, and the Wings would be his best options at this point.

NYI - nobody knows if their owners are willing to spend plus as of right now they don't have a playing facility for 2019

FLA - they don't want a real experienced coach they want a yes man type of guy but from all available rosters they have by far the best one. NYI has a huge drop-off after Johnny T

DET - Original 6, owner willing to spend, soon a new arena that hopefully challenges the Oilers one for the title of the best arena BUT lacks talent (no number 1 center and  defenseman, no elite talent in sight or in the minors baring a miracle). Boston was a bit better but man would Julien want to coach another so-so team?

LV - expansion team nobody knows how this roster will look like, if their owner is willing to spend and how long that fanbase will support a team built from scratch.

So it really depends what Julien wants, if he wants another shot at the cup, he'll take his time and wait for the job opening with a contender (maybe LA if they miss the playoffs again). If he doesn't mind another rebuilding team I could see the Wings as an option, if he wants a free ticket for 2 - 3 years and then ride into the sunset  Vegas it is.

2 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

NYI - nobody knows if their owners are willing to spend plus as of right now they don't have a playing facility for 2019

FLA - they don't want a real experienced coach they want a yes man type of guy but from all available rosters they have by far the best one. NYI has a huge drop-off after Johnny T

DET - Original 6, owner willing to spend, soon a new arena that hopefully challenges the Oilers one for the title of the best arena BUT lacks talent (no number 1 center and  defenseman, no elite talent in sight or in the minors baring a miracle). Boston was a bit better but man would Julien want to coach another so-so team?

LV - expansion team nobody knows how this roster will look like, if their owner is willing to spend and how long that fanbase will support a team built from scratch.

So it really depends what Julien wants, if he wants another shot at the cup, he'll take his time and wait for the job opening with a contender (maybe LA if they miss the playoffs again). If he doesn't mind another rebuilding team I could see the Wings as an option, if he wants a free ticket for 2 - 3 years and then ride into the sunset  Vegas it is.

I think Florida is happy with Tom Rowe.

I get the feeling Patty Roy will end up in Vegas. Not sure why, just a feeling. Clearly that Avs team had/has deeper issues than his coaching.

Regardless, Detroit is clearly the most attractive option on that list. I don't agree that we are officially a rebuilding team though. This franchise would be sold to Julien on the premise that their would be a retoolng this offseason and a bounce back next year boosted by his coaching.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs
grammar

8 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'd love Julien here, but we're talking like he interviewed for the job(s) and is in the process of choosing. Holland isn't going to fire Blashill so saying we are the obvious choice for Julien or Hitchcock is pointless. We won't have a vacancy nowhere in the future, near or far.

I agree. Purely speculating on who we could scoop up IF Blashill gets canned. If you feel that discussion is pointless, I don't know what to tell you, maybe this isn't the thread for you.

Julien's probably not going to consider a new position until the season is over though. By that time the list of teams should open up a bit more with another firing or two.

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I agree. Purely speculating on who we could scoop up IF Blashill gets canned. If you feel that discussion is pointless, I don't know what to tell you, maybe this isn't the thread for you.

Julien's probably not going to consider a new position until the season is over though. By that time the list of teams should open up a bit more with another firing or two.

No, didn't say it was pointless. Just making light of the way the discussion was sounding. Of course if we were looking for a coach, there's no doubt we'd probably be the most attractive place to go. Too bad Holland won't even kick tires on a coaching change.

13 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

No, didn't say it was pointless. Just making light of the way the discussion was sounding. Of course if we were looking for a coach, there's no doubt we'd probably be the most attractive place to go. Too bad Holland won't even kick tires on a coaching change.

saying we are the obvious choice for Julien or Hitchcock is pointless.

Until the day it really looks like Trashill is gonna be gone, none of this really matter. By than, with our luck all 3 will gone. Right now, I've yet to see or hear a single word that Holland or Illitch wants Trashill gone. No sarcasm , if there any real new I'd like to hear or see it.

Edited by xault

7 minutes ago, xault said:

Until the day it really looks like Trashill is gonna be gone, none of this really matter. By than, with our luck all 3 will gone. Right now, I've yet to see or hear a single word that Holland or Illitch wants Trashill gone. No sarcasm , if there any real new I'd like to hear or see it.

And I don't expect you will until the day it happens. If you've noticed the Wings are reallyyyy good at keeping things behind closed doors. They're basically the exact oppsite of Toronto or Montreal in that regard. Holland could fire Blash tomorrow without warning and I wouldnt be surprised. The guy has been pretty awful this year. I guess my point is we really have no idea if Blash is on the chopping block or not. Just cause the Wings are quiet doesnt mean theyre happy.

However, if I was a betting man, I do think it's much more likely a firing comes in the offseason at the earliest and I think it's even more likely Blash gets 1 more season. 

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

And I don't expect you will until the day it happens. If you've noticed the Wings are reallyyyy good at keeping things behind closed doors. They're basically the exact oppsite of Toronto or Montreal in that regard. Holland could fire Blash tomorrow without warning and I wouldnt be surprised. The guy has been pretty awful this year. I guess my point is we really have no idea if Blash is on the chopping block or not. Just cause the Wings are quiet doesnt mean theyre happy.

However, if I was a betting man, I do think it's much more likely a firing comes in the offseason at the earliest and I think it's even more likely Blash gets 1 more season. 

Ya you have to give them credit for that, they are not an organization that airs dirty laundry. You really never hear about things like that.

4 minutes ago, kliq said:

Ya you have to give them credit for that, they are not an organization that airs dirty laundry. You really never hear about things like that.

Yea I guess I can a bit. They have no problems airing dirty laundry when it comes to the Tigers when I think about it tho. Not that Holland has anything to do with the Tigers, but it's still another Major Sport team owned by Illitch. 

15 minutes ago, xault said:

Yea I guess I can a bit. They have no problems airing dirty laundry when it comes to the Tigers when I think about it tho. Not that Holland has anything to do with the Tigers, but it's still another Major Sport team owned by Illitch. 

With the exception of the Illitch's it is a completely different group of people.

On 2/7/2017 at 1:51 PM, GMRwings1983 said:

This is so much easier in Japan, where honor comes first.  Blashill would have resigned by now without even needing to be asked. Don't even get me started on what Holland would do.

lol

Edited by Krayzie_Bone

What's crazy is we might be seeing even more good head coaches let go between now and end-of-season-ish, especially with Julien et al. on the market. Baseless speculation on my part, I guess, but...*puts on Dreger mask*...Dave Tippett? Lindy Ruff? Jon Cooper? Dan Bylsma?

17 minutes ago, Dabura said:

What's crazy is we might be seeing even more good head coaches let go between now and end-of-season-ish, especially with Julien et al. on the market. Baseless speculation on my part, I guess, but...*puts on Dreger mask*...Dave Tippett? Lindy Ruff? Jon Cooper? Dan Bylsma?

I agree. I think you're correct to assume there might be 1 or 2 more firings before summer sets in.

I think Lindy and Coops are pretty safe. Disco Dan and Tippett could be gone though.

This is so much easier in Japan, where honor comes first.  Blashill would have resigned by now without even needing to be asked. Don't even get me started on what Holland would do.

The Wings press conference I hope to see in the near future. Holland on the left, Blashill on the right.

FYI, the part where the one person yells to not end his suffering just quite yet. That was for Clearly.

Edited by lwing

There's a lot of things that could need a change but keeping things behind closed doors is certainly not one of them. Think about the Price situation when the parents of his wife  had to read in a newspaper! that their daughter is expecting a baby or when some Toronto reporter phoned Reimers mother because the team didn't want to use the word concussion. If I were a player I would be very happy with the way the Wings are handling difficult decisions. Also according to Lebrun most - if not all - NHL GMs are expected to ask their owners if firing a coach is ok because 1.) they have to pay 2 guys and 2.) the other guy might not be better. Again, nothing against Blashill but in this case 2.) isn't any reason at all. Julien is one heck of a coach.

Yzerman is not an idiot there is no way Cooper gets fired this year.

Lindy Ruff is the wrong(!!) coach for this team the guy just know how to coach defense and I know people will say well then outscore your problems, unless a team has 2 bonafide superstar lines (good luck with that in the salary cap era), there is no way to do that. I may be in the minority but I'd rather see a young michiganborn coach working things out then having Ruff coming in and seeing even worse defensive play. Tippet on the other hand would be awesome, he has tons of experience and never had the luxury of coaching a team that will spend whatever it takes. But that's just speculation now that Julien is available action needs to be taken and it better be quick because I'm sure starting tomorrow his phone will be ringing a lot.