• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DickieDunn

Off-season moves

Rate this topic

556 posts in this topic

I wouldn't trade Svechnikov. Not because I am dazzled by his play, rather that he has not shown anything in the NHL except for a few games last season whom did not matter for us.

He did look good in those games, but that does not mean much to any potential buyer. His trade value is nothing more than a good prospect. So we would not be getting too much for him. The rest I'm all for trading for a really nice defensive talent.

Or perhaps pass a Swedish/American defensive bill, allowing Detroit to lawfully recall Lidström for 2 years. I am sure he'd still be able to play in a top 6 role, most likely top 4. He is still in perfect shape, works out daily, both cardio and strength training.

Edited by Jacksoni

4 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

I wouldn't trade Svechnikov. Not because I am dazzled by his play, rather that he has not shown anything in the NHL except for a few games last season whom did not matter for us.

He did look good in those games, but that does not mean much to any potential buyer. His trade value is nothing more than a good prospect. So we would not be getting too much for him. The rest I'm all for trading for a really nice defensive talent.

Or perhaps pass a Swedish/American defensive bill, allowing Detroit to lawfully recall Lidström for 2 years. I am sure he'd still be able to play in a top 6 role, most likely top 4. He is still in perfect shape, works out daily, both cardio and strength training.

The chance of Svechnikov becoming elite are slim to none. He likely develops into a solid top 6 winger. A top 2 defenseman is far more valuable to a team than a 6 (even top line) winger, especially for a team that's biggest strength is on the wing. Nyquist, Tatar, Mantha, Athanasiou and Svechnikov are all / should be legit top 6 wingers. Of course there are other pieces I'd prefer to trade before Svech, but if he could fetch a top 2 defenseman in a package, I'd do it.

16 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Mrazek, Ouellet, Sheahan and 1st 2019 for OEL + his lil bro, 

This would only happen under gunpoint, in which they refuse, Holland shoots the opposition, burns down their villages and brings back OEL as war booty.

Wait we live in the 21st century? Well. Still, it should be the only logical way to get that. Or some sort of extortion but that's even more unlikely.

6 hours ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Nyquist, Sproul, Helm and 2nd 2018  for Trouba & Dano.

Mrazek, Ouellet, Sheahan and 1st 2019 for OEL + his lil bro, 

I'd do this in a heartbeat. But not sure Winnipeg would

BadgerBob likes this

16 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Of those players listed, I'd be willing to trade Nyquist, Tatar, and maybe Athanasiou/Svechnikov.  The latter two I would only trade for a top 2 D or top C.  Nyquist's trade value, right now, isn't great.  Hoping for a bounce-back season.  Tatar's value is probably so-so until he can show he can be more consistent.  

I mean, you should always consider trading everyone on your roster if the return is right but what would your plan be if you were Holland?

My plan would be to keep a youthful core and try and build around it and try and keep contracts low for now and if you start to see some potential from some of these guys then that gives you the opportunity to go out and target a high end guy to make a difference.