• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

David Booth get PTO

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Uh...i wouldve liked this a few years ago. Shall we re-sign Weiss now?

Haha I swear you just like to complain about anything. In another thread you said you would have liked to sign Ryan White to a PTO, now you complain that we signed Booth to a PTO... I don't really think we should sign Booth either, but I guess a PTO isn't a bad thing. I'm just not sure how we can sign him to an actual contract in our situation...

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'm not complaining about it. Just said I would've liked it a few years ago. I remember wanting him and Weiss to play together again. I sure would've liked White to get one for sure. I don't see where you read a complaint.

1. Uh...

2. I wouldve liked this a few years ago.

Implying you don't like it now.

3. Shall we re-sign Weiss now?

Implying Booth is washed up (he probably is) and would be a bad signing like Weiss.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I'm not complaining about it. Just said I would've liked it a few years ago. I remember wanting him and Weiss to play together again. I sure would've liked White to get one for sure. I don't see where you read a complaint.

Come on Lefty....the entire post reads as sarcasm. 

19 minutes ago, amato said:

A little extra camp competition and probably not much more than that. 

Would actually be ok with this I think.. depending on if any vets lefts after last year.

I could be wrong but the only vet that the Griffins lost was defenseman Nathan Paetsch. They still have Tangradi, Street, Lorito, Ford and Lashoff. But yeah, if Booth is willing to play in Grand Rapids, he would be a great addition.

6 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Home town boy to finish off career in Detroit. Not sure what's going on here unless Kenny has a few deals lined up and make us all eat crow!! 

I'm hoping he knows something no one else does about the status of Kronwall and / or Ericsson. That's the only way any of this makes any sense...

9 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

1. Uh...

2. I wouldve liked this a few years ago.

Implying you don't like it now.

3. Shall we re-sign Weiss now?

Implying Booth is washed up (he probably is) and would be a bad signing like Weiss.

Honestly wasn't writing to complain. I mention Weiss because I wanted Booth to be signed to play with him a few years ago. So I just said that in jest.

53 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm hoping he knows something no one else does about the status of Kronwall and / or Ericsson. That's the only way any of this makes any sense...

Stupid question based on above is there a limit to the number of players you can put on LTIR? Could LTIR 2 players besides Mule get us out of cap jail?

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I could be wrong but the only vet that the Griffins lost was defenseman Nathan Paetsch. They still have Tangradi, Street, Lorito, Ford and Lashoff. But yeah, if Booth is willing to play in Grand Rapids, he would be a great addition.

Yeah, I felt the "if booth was willing" was implied enough. But if no vets were lost on forward, I don't know if I'd want him in Grand Rapids either.. 

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Stupid question based on above is there a limit to the number of players you can put on LTIR? Could LTIR 2 players besides Mule get us out of cap jail?

I haven't bothered to check, but I don't see why there would be a limit...it wouldn't make sense.  You can't just choose to put someone on LTIR though.  Well, I guess it is a choice, but the player has to be unable to play due to injury first.  If they are in that situation, then it's a choice because if you expect the player to be able to play at some point, you may not want to go that route as all it gets you is the ability to exceed the cap by their salary, if they come back later, you have to make room for them under the cap.

1 hour ago, amato said:

Yeah, I felt the "if booth was willing" was implied enough. But if no vets were lost on forward, I don't know if I'd want him in Grand Rapids either.. 

Yeah, I hear you, but Grand Rapids is actually fairly weak at forward right now, so I'd be okay with adding another veteran like Booth.

21 minutes ago, kjw25 said:

Aren't we already over the cap???

Yes and No. IF AA signs in the KHL, once we place Franzen on LTIR we are about 1.4mil under. Either way though, this is a PTO, and he could be signed to a 2-way contract or even a minor league deal. PTO's don't hurt anyone. Now if we sign him to a 1 year NHL contract, that would be stupid.

4 minutes ago, kliq said:

Yes and No. IF AA signs in the KHL, once we place Franzen on LTIR we are about 1.4mil under. Either way though, this is a PTO, and he could be signed to a 2-way contract or even a minor league deal. PTO's don't hurt anyone. Now if we sign him to a 1 year NHL contract, that would be stupid.

I've seen this $1.4M number a few times now. Where is it coming from? The number I'm getting is $933,333 remaining with 11 forwards (not including Franzen or Athanasiou), 8 defensemen and 2 goalies.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I've seen this $1.4M number a few times now. Where is it coming from? The number I'm getting is $933,333 remaining with 11 forwards (not including Franzen or Athanasiou), 8 defensemen and 2 goalies.

Malik I think (or maybe I should say whoever he copied it from). They forgot to include the bonus carry-over from last year.