• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

40 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Without waiving one of them we'll be over the cap, even with Franzen LTIR.

Plus, we'll be so close to the cap after waiving one, we'll still have no cap space for Zadina. Not unless or until Z is done.

So once again we'll be the highest paid team in the NHL and still be a bottom 10 team. Too much money for the UFA's we signed they sucked up all the cap.

Exactly

36 minutes ago, brett said:

i dont think hes worth 6 mil a year 

but i guess if abs makes 4.25 a year larkin should get 6

i also think almost everyone is overpaid nowadays

would like a new face on defense. thanks

Larkin is well worth $6M now and definitely will be 2+ years from now. Yes, athletes in general are overpaid, but it's market value.

26 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Plus, we'll be so close to the cap after waiving one, we'll still have no cap space for Zadina. Not unless or until Z is done.

So once again we'll be the highest paid team in the NHL and still be a bottom 10 team. Too much money for the UFA's we signed they sucked up all the cap.

You're still not addressing the point though. If you waive Frk or Witkowski, who sits? Keep in mind it won't be any of the veterans that you'd like to sit. It would be one of the younger players. If we're over the cap, a trade will need to happen.

It sucks to be cap strapped while rebuilding, but it shouldn't be an issue beyond this season. A lot of big contracts will come off the books over the next two seasons. Until then, I'm sure Holland will figure it out. I don't expect Zadina to make the team out of camp (unless there is a trade), but he'll be up sooner than later I think.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

"Highest paid team in the NHL..."  Who cares?  Does the Ilitch fam owe you money that they haven't paid back or something? 

"...and still a bottom 10 team."  Isn't this what you want?  You keep talking about our first round Lottery Pick... don't you want it to be a high pick in a deep draft?

"Too much money for the UFA's we signed and they sucked up all the cap"  Nothing a trade couldn't help relieve.  Doesn't even have to be a big trade.

Edited by e_prime

2 hours ago, e_prime said:

"Highest paid team in the NHL..."  Who cares?  Does the Ilitch fam owe you money that they haven't paid back or something? 

"...and still a bottom 10 team."  Isn't this what you want?  You keep talking about our first round Lottery Pick... don't you want it to be a high pick in a deep draft?

"Too much money for the UFA's we signed and they sucked up all the cap"  Nothing a trade couldn't help relieve.  Doesn't even have to be a big trade.

Especially 2 or 3 KRS trades.

Trouba for Hronek and a 2nd.

Faulk for Nielsen and a 4th.

Karlsson for DeKeyser and a 3rd.

OF COURSE, those teams PROBABLY wouldn't do it, but that's where we should start.