• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Juklitz said:

It was Petr Adler, former Edmonton Journal writer. 

Source : https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/315099/deravi-brankari-ostrovanov-buducnost-halaka-v-nhl-je-sporna/

It´s in slovak, hence not sure if helpfull, but it´s an arcicle about future of Slovak goalies in NHL. 

There´s is Adler quoted in one part sayin: 

„Je predčasné robiť závery, no v Detroite už teraz cvrlikajú vrabce na strechách, že brankár „červených krídel“ Jimmy Howard má už takmer namierené do New Yorku a práve výmenou za Haláka. Howard má 33 rokov, Halák 32, obaja sú svojím spôsobom dobrí a obaja budú po skončení sezóny neobmedzene voľnými hráčmi,” hodnotí pre ŠPORT.SK renomovaný kanadský expert na NHL Peter Adler.

"It´s still too soon, but there are already voices whispering in Detroit, that Red Wings Jimmy Howard is almost done to move to NY for Halak. Howard is 33, Halak 32, both somehow good, both ufa after season ".. (which is actually not true, Howard is ufa in 2019). 

Thanks for the source and translation, but I'm not sure if I see that trade happening. It doesn't really make much sense from either teams perspective in my opinion. Unless the Wings have all of a sudden decided to move on from Howard and go with Mrazek, because of one good game (shutout yesterday), but I highly doubt that's the case, since the article was published Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, my reaction was the same. For me it´s even more interesting that Adler (who said that) is really known for not sharing rumors and I don´t actually trust he just guessed out of nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Juklitz said:

It was Petr Adler, former Edmonton Journal writer. 

Source : https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/315099/deravi-brankari-ostrovanov-buducnost-halaka-v-nhl-je-sporna/

It´s in slovak, hence not sure if helpfull, but it´s an arcicle about future of Slovak goalies in NHL. 

There´s is Adler quoted in one part sayin: 

„Je predčasné robiť závery, no v Detroite už teraz cvrlikajú vrabce na strechách, že brankár „červených krídel“ Jimmy Howard má už takmer namierené do New Yorku a práve výmenou za Haláka. Howard má 33 rokov, Halák 32, obaja sú svojím spôsobom dobrí a obaja budú po skončení sezóny neobmedzene voľnými hráčmi,” hodnotí pre ŠPORT.SK renomovaný kanadský expert na NHL Peter Adler.

"It´s still too soon, but there are already voices whispering in Detroit, that Red Wings Jimmy Howard is almost done to move to NY for Halak. Howard is 33, Halak 32, both somehow good, both ufa after season ".. (which is actually not true, Howard is ufa in 2019). 

Halak is a UFA this summer and Jimmy in 2019. Don't really want to hold on to Mrazek would rather keep Jimmy for another year teams not going anywhere any ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howard for Halak straight up doesn't make sense.  If they can bring in Halak and a pick or prospect, that would be something to consider.  At best Howard is going to be around 3 more years, they need a long term plan in net.  As much as I question if Mrazek is that answer, giving him the majority of the starts the rest of this year is probably the smart move.  If Mrazek craps the bed, they an try to re-sign Halak for next year and have an extra asset out of the bargain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At thispoint who knows which player is on the block. I guess its whichever player(s) get them the best pick/prospect return. As long as it's not anyone named Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Frk, Bertuzzi then I'm ok. I'd like to keep Nielsen around to help try and lure JT as well. Of course Z ain't going anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Mostly, yes. His contract would be more attractive to contending teams in both term and dollars. But also because I think Nyquist is a better all around player than Tatar.

Why would you rather keep Tatar? Nyquist is the better player (in my opinion), and he's on a much better contract (again, in my opinion)...

Tatar has less goals this yr but I find he's more of a scorer than nyquist and Gus's 8 pts in 35 playoff games doesn't  give me confidence 

 

can see us keeping Gus though since he's more of a 2way guy 

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Thanks for the source and translation, but I'm not sure if I see that trade happening. It doesn't really make much sense from either teams perspective in my opinion. Unless the Wings have all of a sudden decided to move on from Howard and go with Mrazek, because of one good game (shutout yesterday), but I highly doubt that's the case, since the article was published Saturday.

Halak and a 2nd for Howard ??

 

i think it's most likely bs although I never stopped believing in mrazek and he's also 8-9 yrs younger so I'd much prefer holding on to him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd do it. They could re-sign Halak at a cheaper price in the off season, shop Mrazek around bring up Coreau and use Halak as their starter until one of the kids emerge. The cap relief for the offseason is very important and the more picks the better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is how google translated it, pretty much the same basis, but I dig the wording!

"It's premature to make a conclusion, but now in Detroit, the sparrow on the rooftops is already ringing that Jimmy Howard's Red Wing Goalkeeper is already heading for New York and just replacing Halak. Howard is 33 years old, Halak 32, both are good in their own way and both will be unlimited freelancers after the end of the season."

I love "The sparrow on the rooftops is already ringing" and "unlimited freelancers"


 

 

 

"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

This is how google translated it, pretty much the same basis, but I dig the wording!

"It's premature to make a conclusion, but now in Detroit, the sparrow on the rooftops is already ringing that Jimmy Howard's Red Wing Goalkeeper is already heading for New York and just replacing Halak. Howard is 33 years old, Halak 32, both are good in their own way and both will be unlimited freelancers after the end of the season."

I love "The sparrow on the rooftops is already ringing" and "unlimited freelancers"



 

 

 

"

 

 

Google over a native speaker? Come on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

This is how google translated it, pretty much the same basis, but I dig the wording!

"It's premature to make a conclusion, but now in Detroit, the sparrow on the rooftops is already ringing that Jimmy Howard's Red Wing Goalkeeper is already heading for New York and just replacing Halak. Howard is 33 years old, Halak 32, both are good in their own way and both will be unlimited freelancers after the end of the season."

I love "The sparrow on the rooftops is already ringing" and "unlimited freelancers"



 

 

 

"

 

 

I'm putting "unlimited freelancer" on my resume.

In regards to Howard, it would nice to get something back if a Wings goalie is going to Long Island again. Unlike the last 2 they poached from us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

At thispoint who knows which player is on the block. I guess its whichever player(s) get them the best pick/prospect return. As long as it's not anyone named Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Frk, Bertuzzi then I'm ok. I'd like to keep Nielsen around to help try and lure JT as well. Of course Z ain't going anywhere.

Frk is a one dimensional winger who isn't effective outside of a very specific role.  Bertuzzi might be a good 3rd line winger.  Neither are bad players and both can be valuable role players, but if trading either or both as part of a package brings in a good young center or D, then you don't hesitate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard jack Johnson wants a trade and bluejackets were dissapointed cause they were looking to make some noise 

 

any chance they'd consider Ericsson ? Has 2 more years left and I'm sure others around the league would think more highly than us the fans. , maybe a ericsson and late pick for Johnson and a 3rd ? Then ship Johnson for something like a 2nd and 5th??? 

 

Watching islanders and they just blew a 2-0 lead , I'm sure they'd consider Howard , if they got some goaltending they could make some noise 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

Frk is a one dimensional winger who isn't effective outside of a very specific role.  Bertuzzi might be a good 3rd line winger.  Neither are bad players and both can be valuable role players, but if trading either or both as part of a package brings in a good young center or D, then you don't hesitate.

I'm a little more optimistic. Im hoping he turns out to be more of a middle 6 winger, along with Givani Smith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I love "The sparrow on the rooftops is already ringing" and "unlimited freelancers"

Wow, I was guessing if there´s some phrase and look what google did. Yes, it´s quite common phrase there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I'm a little more optimistic. Im hoping he turns out to be more of a middle 6 winger, along with Givani Smith.

3rd line is middle 6.  I'm hoping for a Maltby type.  Good PK, agitator, good for 15-ish goals a year.  Still a guy you don't hesitate to move if he can bring in a better player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now