• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Cholowski playing really well

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Worst case ontario, we got another Brendan Smith

Are you referring to Toronto?

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Cholowski could have played in the AHL this season though, but he can't now until his season ends (Portland gets eliminated from the playoffs). He was drafted by Prince George, but originally decided to go the college route rather than Canadian juniors. Since he was not in the CHL when he was drafted by the Wings, he had the option to go straight to the AHL as early as last season. He wasn't ready, and I'm okay with that. Everyone develops at different rates, and Cholo has taken huge strides since being drafted. I'm excited for this kid, and hopeful that he can develop into a top pair defenseman some day. I don't think there's any question he'll be an NHL defenseman, it's just a matter of whether or not he hits his ceiling.

If this is the case, then this changes things a bit for me.I was under the impression that he couldnt play in GR. But I'm still optimistic.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2018 at 1:02 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, so screw it, it can go here...

Ryan Martin Updates On Prospects

Long read

 

This sentence from the article made me laugh...

     "I don't want to say just a checker, I don't mean it in that sense but Kirk Maltby had 50 goals when he played junior and people that didn't see him play junior might not know that. "

If you EVER watched a game when Maltby played it was mentioned a FEW times he was  50 goal scorer in juniors. ..... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

This sentence from the article made me laugh...

     "I don't want to say just a checker, I don't mean it in that sense but Kirk Maltby had 50 goals when he played junior and people that didn't see him play junior might not know that. "

If you EVER watched a game when Maltby played it was mentioned a FEW times he was  50 goal scorer in juniors. ..... 

 

Yeah that and "Detroit got Draper for a dollar." It was the go-to for all the national commentators when they had nothing else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2018 at 9:48 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yeah that and "Detroit got Draper for a dollar." It was the go-to for all the national commentators when they had nothing else.

Yeah those two and "Andreas sexy Lilja's presence on the blue line really keeps the flies off"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2018 at 12:32 PM, AtlantaHotWings said:

This sentence from the article made me laugh...

     "I don't want to say just a checker, I don't mean it in that sense but Kirk Maltby had 50 goals when he played junior and people that didn't see him play junior might not know that. "

If you EVER watched a game when Maltby played it was mentioned a FEW times he was  50 goal scorer in juniors. ..... 

 

The reality is, there are a lot of players in junior that are very skilled a high scoring players in the context of the rest of the group they are playing with, but they aren't skilled enough to move on to the NHL and be good scorers.  Those guys can go 1 of two ways, 1) adapt their game and see if they can make it in a different role (e.g. Maltby) or 2) don't end up pursuing the NHL.

I laugh every time I hear about Maltby scoring 50 goals in junior though....to put it in perspective, here are some data points - from that same year, same league (16 teams):

 - 27 players scored at least 45 goals or 90 points

 - Maltby had 50 goals and 91 points

 - Darren McCarty had 55 goals and 127 points

 - 2 others were Corey Stillman and Andrew Brunette, who each went on to play over 1,000 games in the NHL and score more than 700pts

 - 7 of those players combined to average 19 goals and 43 points over their entire NHL careers

 - 16 - never played a shift in the NHL, which included the leading scorer who had 146 points 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, F.Michael said:

White Russians in the water bottles?

Of course, but no relieving yourself on the rug afterwards.

7 hours ago, HockeytownRules19 said:

Had the secondary assist on the 1st Goal last night in a 2-0 win... Was also +1

 

Now has 7 assists in 6 games and +2 since joining the Winterhawks

Good to hear. If Cholowski turns out well, and KH drafts a stud D in the first round. We could finally  have a top pair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ive got a feeling that this kid wont spend a full season in the A, he may even bypass the Van altogether.

Hronek is our steal of the '16 draft thou, in the few games ive seen of the Griffs this year he looks like he]

aint no rookie. Also Sulak still leading the Liiga in ppg for D men, and i did like the looks of him in the pre 

season games , looked very mobile which is something our current D corps lacks abit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

ive got a feeling that this kid wont spend a full season in the A, he may even bypass the Van altogether.

Hronek is our steal of the '16 draft thou, in the few games ive seen of the Griffs this year he looks like he]

aint no rookie. Also Sulak still leading the Liiga in ppg for D men, and i did like the looks of him in the pre 

season games , looked very mobile which is something our current D corps lacks abit 

Would love to see Sulak hop right on to the team next season and contribute

Dekeyser - Daley
Kronwall - Ericsson
Ouellet - Jensen
Sulak/Hicketts

I'm kinda over Ouellet and Jensen at this point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21. 1. 2018 at 3:42 PM, HockeytownRules19 said:

Now has 7 assists in 6 games and +2 since joining the Winterhawks

Now has 8 assists in 7 games and +4 since joinging the Winterhawks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now