• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Castaway (How former Wings are doing)

Rate this topic

Smith can’t stay in the lineup in NY, Quincey’s career is over, Jurco is barely playing with the Hawks. I don’t know if it’s good we didn’t miss out letting these guys go or it shows bad management that we drafted, developed and played these guys longer than any other NHL team was willing to.

I don’t think Sheahan and Jarnkrok put up those numbers here in Detroit and they’re rather pedestrian anyways. Still, bad return for Holland on those deals

1 hour ago, joesuffP said:

Smith can’t stay in the lineup in NY, Quincey’s career is over, Jurco is barely playing with the Hawks. I don’t know if it’s good we didn’t miss out letting these guys go or it shows bad management that we drafted, developed and played these guys longer than any other NHL team was willing to.

I don’t think Sheahan and Jarnkrok put up those numbers here in Detroit and they’re rather pedestrian anyways. Still, bad return for Holland on those deals

Look whose back

On 2018-01-23 at 9:42 AM, kickazz said:

I just want to know wtf Manny Legace is doing. Does he still broadcast for FSD?

Hex not in a psych ward?

Sorry, his breakdown is classic. Played well during the season, offered a raise and extension. He balked at, wanting to wait until playoffs were over, hoping he’d get more money.

Not only did he not get that, but he never wore a Wings jersey again.hahaha

Edited by chaps80

3 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Hex not in a psych ward?

Sorry, his breakdown is classic. Played well during the season, offered a raise and extension. He balked at, wanting to wait until playoffs were over, hoping he’d get more money.

Not only did he not get that, but he never wore a Wings jersey again.hahaha

You sure about that?

manny_winter_classic.jpg

cut.jpg

Edited by kickazz

Jakub Kindl is playing Czech league in HC Plzen (Pilsen). Not sure about his play, but that so-called offensive machine has combined two points (1+1) in 21 games and also other (basic or advanced) sttats are far average. 

16 hours ago, martyrme19 said:

I'm more of a Bill Ranford guy!

ranford.jpg

How dare Z steal that number from him!

8 hours ago, kickazz said:

You sure about that?

manny_winter_classic.jpg

cut.jpg

Not as a part of the Wings NHL roster.

Alumni games, sure. But tons of former players have played in them. 

15 hours ago, joesuffP said:

Every team has guys like that.  Stop acting like Detroit is a failure for not having every draft pick turn into a stud.  Quincey was actually a decent defenseman for awhile, the hate he got was because Holland traded a first rounder to get him back after waiving him previously, then he was perceived as overpaid.  As far as Sheahan and Jarnkrok go, Sheahan was terrible here.  Holland getting anything at all fro him was a good move.  Jarnkrok was a desperation move because they had almost all of their centers hurt at once.  If he Holland hand't done something and they hand't made the playoffs people would have freaked out.  Hell, even last yer people were crying about how important The Streak was.  Giving up on it before that was never going to happen

17 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Every team has guys like that.  Stop acting like Detroit is a failure for not having every draft pick turn into a stud.  Quincey was actually a decent defenseman for awhile, the hate he got was because Holland traded a first rounder to get him back after waiving him previously, then he was perceived as overpaid.  As far as Sheahan and Jarnkrok go, Sheahan was terrible here.  Holland getting anything at all fro him was a good move.  Jarnkrok was a desperation move because they had almost all of their centers hurt at once.  If he Holland hand't done something and they hand't made the playoffs people would have freaked out.  Hell, even last yer people were crying about how important The Streak was.  Giving up on it before that was never going to happen

This is true but I’m not thrilled with the teams drafting in the last 5-7 years

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

WOwowow Dickiedunn is actually supporting the management rationally.

Did you get a new promotion? I like this new guy better.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This team has done a pretty good job drafting forwards actually. But on the flipside we've drafted nothing but terrible Dmen since Kronwall. Someone like Dahlin could be a huge game changer for us.

No.

Nestrasil waived and out of the league, Ferraro waived and idk where he is now.  Pulkinnen NHL career is over. Wings can draft forwards that make the NHL some even hit their projections but nobody since Franzen has surpassed expectations. Most teams can draft bottom six forwards in the NHL especially when you draft them in the first three rounds. The wings have had 7 skaters that have hit the 20 goal mark at least once in their career if you count Mantha since 2002.  Add that to 1 top four defensemen. (Quincey) That’s not very good at all

Edited by joesuffP

7 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

Nestrasil waived and out of the league, Ferraro waived and idk where he is now.  Pulkinnen NHL career is over. Wings can draft forwards that make the NHL some even hit their projections but nobody since Franzen has surpassed expectations. Most teams can draft bottom six forwards in the NHL especially when you draft them in the first three rounds. Mantha, Larkin, Tatar and Nyquist are the only 20 goal scorers they’ve drafted since Hudler? Not very good

Ugh. I can’t believe we have to argue this again.

@Buppy do you want to contribute? 

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Drafting well and getting the best out of your players is two different things. Just because there are guys who are overpaid (on Holland) or underperforming (on coaching staff) doesn't make them bad draft picks.

McCollum is an example. At the time he was one of the top goalies in the OHL, and i'm pretty sure the top goalie in his draft class. But when he got to the AHL he was pretty much stuck there because there was no room to move up in the contending years with Osgood, Howard, Conklin, Gustavsson all being around, then Mrazek leap frogging him on the depth chart. I don't think he ever started a game in Detroit, just called up as backup now and then and got to play a few periods. He basically stagnated while Holland kept him around for 8 seasons never getting a shot. Now his career is AHL or nothing.

Goalies had better looking gear then than they do today imo. Back when the pads were just above the knee. Brodeur was the last one to wear those. Now every goalie his the extended pads that almost reach their waist. Some look ridiculous in them. I dunno how they can even move, that would bug the s*** outta me.