• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kickazz

2/2 GDT - Red Wings @ Hurricanes - 7:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Speaking of "Sweet Caroline," Neil Diamond has recently stopped performing due to his battle with Parkinson's Disease. May we dedicate this GDT to the man who has made so many ladies scream for so many years.

Dam that sucks

Edited by kickazz

Win tonight and tomorrow and were Actually in the mix for the playoffs. Granted, to really get in the mix they need to go like 8-2 or 7-2-1 etc. however, I’m not optimistic - our PP is garbage again 

10 hours ago, kickazz said:

hqdefault.jpg

Literal meaning

irma-hurricane-season.jpg

VS 

red_wing_by_kasstock.jpg

"The American Twins"

dylan-larkin-andreas-athanasiou-3-16-17-

Celebrating Black History Month. Here's a message for all Wings fan from Tupac. "Keep ya head up"

HYPE

t1sClwl.jpg?1

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada is not quite American, but close enough!

I love the Mississauga area! Hence my affection for Steelheads to become Red Wings!

33 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Usually when using the word American, it means American, not North American. But I guess in a technical sense, you are right.

That’s ignorance. The Western Hemisphere are the “Americas” period. Divided into north and south as two different continents. Ya’ll be skipping your 5th grade history lessons.

It’s technically “Europe” were Datsyuk and Zet referred to as “EuroPEAN Twins”? Sounds ugly. It’s Euro Twins.

ThE NoRtH AmErICaN tWiNs 

22 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Try calling a Canadian an American to their face to test whether that works, though. 

Just did. He said “i guess technically I am an american, but not a US American”

Was something supposed to happen? 

I’m in Downtown D we got you blokes commuting to work from Windsor everyday, I’m surrounded by them. 

Edited by kickazz

8 minutes ago, kickazz said:

That’s ignorance. The Western Hemisphere are the “Americas” period. Divided into north and south as two different continents. Ya’ll be skipping your 5th grade history lessons.

It’s technically “Europe” were Datsyuk and Zet referred to as “EuroPEAN Twins”? Sounds ugly. It’s Euro Twins.

ThE NoRtH AmErICaN tWiNs 

I’m in Downtown D we got you blokes commuting to work from Windsor everyday, I’m surrounded by them. 

Yet, you didn't say North American Twins to begin with...its ok. Maybe we'll put Western Twins next time.

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Yet, you didn't say North American Twins to begin with...its ok. Maybe we'll put Western Twins next time.

Not my problem if you aren’t smart enough to tell what I was implying. I’m not spoonfeeding you, that’s your mothers job. But hey, you still forgot what continent AA was from. :lol:

18 minutes ago, kickazz said:

ThE NoRtH AmErICaN tWiNs 

Nevermind he’s ethnically Brazilian living in Windsor. He tricked me. He’s a wannabe

Edited by kickazz

28 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Meh Montreal is basically Europe

He's definitely a euro

41 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Nevermind he’s ethnically Brazilian living in Windsor. He tricked me. He’s a wannabe

So then I'm at lunch and just called one of the ladies (who is a native canadian married to a michigander) an American.

I said this "Nilu how does it feel to be an American? How does it feel to bleed American?" 

And called me a filthy trump supporter. 

I see what PVD's point was. 

Edited by kickazz

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

He's definitely a euro

So then I'm at lunch and just called one of the ladies (who is a native canadian married to a michigander) an American.

I said this "Nilu how does it feel to be an American? How does it feel to bleed American?" 

And called me a filthy trump supporter. 

I see what PVD's point was. 

Yeah, was just a joke. There is definitely an aspect of Canadian culture that often seems to need to play up the difference between the states and Canada because we're so inundated with American culture and because there's many similarities. Growing up in Southern Ontario especially, I remember it. Joke was just that Canadians would probably be quick to correct you, even if it's technically correct.

Let's Go Wings!!!

17 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Yeah, was just a joke. There is definitely an aspect of Canadian culture that often seems to need to play up the difference between the states and Canada because we're so inundated with American culture and because there's many similarities. Growing up in Southern Ontario especially, I remember it. Joke was just that Canadians would probably be quick to correct you, even if it's technically correct.

Let's Go Wings!!!

There's an interview with Mike Meyers somewhere I remember, where the interviewer cited all these very funny Canadians and then asked Mike what is it that makes Canadian actors/comedians so funny.

He said basically, Canadians are constantly getting American culture rammed down their throats, but are not participants in it themselves (for the most part). So Canadians have a weird perspective of being the ultimate observers of American culture, and thus Canadians are naturally the the best at mocking it and poking fun at it. I found the question/answer surprisingly insightful for a celebrity interview, true or not. 

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

21 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Let's Go Wings!!!

Indeed. That's how a lot of Arabs are too and Indians/Pakistanis.