• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hankzet40

Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, kickazz said:

The f*** you talking about? I’ve always been under this username. Who do you think I was before this? Go to my page, member since Feb 2, 2013.

Way to contradict you own post

Nice try.  You may not know who we are, but we know who you are.  

3 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Found this over on the Flyers side at HF Boards...

'Have a good feeling Ron beat the **** of out Holland with conditions. At least I hope so, Holland is a ****ing simpleton.'

Imagine if your team lost six Stanley Cup Finals in a row.  

31 minutes ago, amato said:

At least ten mill seems like a given now, at least after the season when the half of mrazek’s cap hit/half of greens that we’re likely to retain are off the books. Could potentially be a bit more if they’re serious about moving Nyquist or Tatar. 

I think Green goes and one of Tatar/Nyquist by the TDL and that's it.. A depth dman on a bad defensive team won't garner much interest, so I don't think Ouellet gets traded. If Howard gets traded, it'll be over the summer or next season. I'm not buying the Glendening rumors. Holland doesn't want to trade him and I don't think TOR is dumb enough to overpay to get him. 

3 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Found this over on the Flyers side at HF Boards...

'Have a good feeling Ron beat the **** of out Holland with conditions. At least I hope so, Holland is a ****ing simpleton.'

Yeah, Philly has done SOOO well at goalie acquisitions.

17 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2018/02/ken_holland_red_wings_werent_g.html#incart_river_index

"(Mrazek) is not the goalie I'm keeping because we have to qualify him at $4 million this summer," Holland said. "All I can do is watch games and makes assessments based upon what I see."

Holland said he hasn't decided if Jared Coreau, who was recalled from the Grand Rapids Griffins to back-up Howard, will remain with the Red Wings the rest of the season. He said Coreau has played well in the AHL and earned the opportunity. But he also might be better off playing regularly with the Griffins than watching games in Detroit.

Holland didn't rule out acquiring a back-up goalie before the deadline. He said if Coreau isn't sent down before Monday, he'll likely remain here since teams are allowed only four recalls following the deadline, except in the case of injuries.

He must not have watched the past month then

God speed Mraz. This is a joke, but Holland does what Holland does. I’ll be keeping a close eye on his play in Philly to see if he continues playing well. This could be a horrible trade if he does.

-The Red Wings will receive, at minimum, Philly's fourth-round pick this year. If Mrazek wins five games with the Flyers and the team reaches the playoffs, the fourth-rounder becomes a third-rounder. If Mrazek wins six playoff games and Philly reaches the conference finals, the third-rounder becomes a second-rounder.-

-If Philadelphia re-signs Mrazek after the season, Detroit will receive an additional third-round pick in 2019.-

-The Red Wings retained 50 percent of Mrazek's remaining salary.-

HAHAHAHA fraud GM took this trade dry. No lube. A fourth that turns into a third if he wins 5 games and the team makes the playoffs? Horrid. The third to second hinging on Conference Finals is a write off, cause Philly won’t make it that far.

If they resign him on the one year qualifier, does Holland still get the crappy third, or is that only if it’s a longer term deal?

And on top of this trash, he retained salary.

Stupid trade by a very stupid man. Now he’s gotta ride Jimmy, who’s play has dropped off considerably, and bring up Coreau, who is a huge question mark. What If Howard tweaks a knee again? 

No point in picking up a backup goalie by the deadline when you just traded a goalie. Spending more assets needlessly. Just tank this s*** season and be done with it.

5 hours ago, kickazz said:

Hextall’s thoughts on trade:

"You have to pay," Hextall said when asked about the goaltender market. "I think quite frankly when I look at this deal, I think it’s a fair and reasonable deal for both sides. If Petr performs, we pay more, Detroit gets more. If he doesn’t, they still get paid and it costs us a certain amount, but it’s not overpaid. If we do have success and we pay, then that’s good. It’s good for Detroit, good for us. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.phillyvoice.com/with-neuvirth-out-long-term-flyers-pay-hefty-price-for-red-wings-petr-mrazek/amp/

Hefty price? Holland got a fourth. Nothing beyond that. The third if they reach playoffs is attainable. The second for ECF, kiss that goodbye.

If Mrazek is a rental like everyone thinks, that third for signing him will be null as well.

So to recap, Mrazek got Holland a fourth (maybe third), maybe another third if they decide he’s staying around.

Hextall got him at half his salary, a fourth or third, and maybe another third. Fleecy!

5 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

God speed Mraz. This is a joke, but Holland does what Holland does. I’ll be keeping a close eye on his play in Philly to see if he continues playing well. This could be a horrible trade if he does.

-The Red Wings will receive, at minimum, Philly's fourth-round pick this year. If Mrazek wins five games with the Flyers and the team reaches the playoffs, the fourth-rounder becomes a third-rounder. If Mrazek wins six playoff games and Philly reaches the conference finals, the third-rounder becomes a second-rounder.-

-If Philadelphia re-signs Mrazek after the season, Detroit will receive an additional third-round pick in 2019.-

-The Red Wings retained 50 percent of Mrazek's remaining salary.-

HAHAHAHA fraud GM took this trade dry. No lube. A fourth that turns into a third if he wins 5 games and the team makes the playoffs? Horrid. The third to second hinging on Conference Finals is a write off, cause Philly won’t make it that far.

If they resign him on the one year qualifier, does Holland still get the crappy third, or is that only if it’s a longer term deal?

Stupid trade by a very stupid man. Now he’s gotta ride Jimmy, who’s play has dropped off considerably, and bring up Coreau, who is a huge question mark. What If Howard tweaks a knee again? 

No point in picking up a backup goalie by the deadline when you just traded a goalie. Spending more assets needlessly. Just tank this s*** season and be done with it.

I believe we get the extra third if philly re-signs him in any capacity. And the retained salary the rest of the year doesn’t matter; we don’t need that cap space. 

Personally, I think the Philly pick becomes a third this year and Mrazek becomes a free agent.

Would love to sign him to a more reasonable deal if that happens; then it’s basically Philly giving us a pick to sign Mrazek cheaper than we would’ve been able to qualify him. 

29 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

We better out lottery odds.

There's no way Holland trades for a backup goaltender. He wants to see what we have in Coreau. I'm not high or Coreau, but I do think he's just as capable as any backup we could potentially get via trade.

23 minutes ago, amato said:

I believe we get the extra third if philly re-signs him in any capacity. And the retained salary the rest of the year doesn’t matter; we don’t need that cap space. 

Personally, I think the Philly pick becomes a third this year and Mrazek becomes a free agent.

Would love to sign him to a more reasonable deal if that happens; then it’s basically Philly giving us a pick to sign Mrazek cheaper than we would’ve been able to qualify him. 

I think Holland is done with Mrazek, but this would be amazing.

43 minutes ago, amato said:

Yeah, that could happen, but I don’t see him re-signing in Detroit after this. Why would he want to? To compete with Howard again and end up behind no matter what he does? He gets back on track like I assumed they wanted him to do, and it wasn’t good enough. As long as Howard is in Detroit and Holland is GM, he’s not going anywhere, and he will always get chances over anyone else. Yes I know Mrazek had chances, but it was too early to give up on him imo. Oh well, it’s done and over with. I like that he ended up in Philly at least.

If I was a goalie wanting to start the most games I could, Detroit would be off the list of teams i’d sign with. 

7 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

As much as you guys insult me and break all the rules, none of you have any room to pull out the rule book on someone.

Biggest rule break is getting banned and coming back under a different name. Everyone knows who used to be who, so those folks should just keep quiet about forum rules.

DON'T derail threads. When posting in a topic please keep the conversation focused on what it was intended for. Posts that derail threads will be edited and/or deleted. Members that continually derail threads will have his/her posting privileges suspended.

29 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

We better out lottery odds.

There's no way Holland trades for a backup goaltender. He wants to see what we have in Coreau. I'm not high or Coreau, but I do think he's just as capable as any backup we could potentially get via trade.

I think Holland is done with Mrazek, but this would be amazing.

Yeah, better lottery odds could be the silver lining here. If he goes down, who do the Wings have? Coreau and McCollum? Hahaha mannn that’s sketchy. 

In the article I read, it said Holland would explore options at the deadline regarding backups. But i’m sure he’ll go with Coreau.

Yeah, don’t see Mrazek returning. Either Hollands done with him, he’s done with Holland, or both don’t give a s***.

I think Holland should look at UFA journeyman backups in the off-season though. Unless Coreau shows he belongs in the NHL by that time. He still might sign one though. After Coreau, goaltending is very thin, besides the kids who aren’t ready yet.

11 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

DON'T derail threads. When posting in a topic please keep the conversation focused on what it was intended for. Posts that derail threads will be edited and/or deleted. Members that continually derail threads will have his/her posting privileges suspended.

The ironic thing here is it was a response to a previous post. So for that bit of conversation it was on topic. Next 9.

17 hours ago, kickazz said:

@chaps80 is literally going to start crying and so is @Hockeymom1960 

No, it is what it is. Players get traded. Bonus that he went to Philly though. Good opportunity for him. 

This move sure helps the draft odds, but makes our goaltending very thin. Ride it out then look at off-season options.

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

The ironic thing here is it was a response to a previous post. So for that bit of conversation it was on topic. Next 9.

3 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Guys, keep it civil, and on-topic. 

With that said, glad we got a good, and potentially better return for Mrazek. I'm ready to see us developing toward a different and brighter future. I'm hoping a lot of big pieces are moved and we can free up 10 mil + in cap by the end of the deadline.

Good luck Petr, doesn't hurt me much to see you go, but I wish you the best in your future. 

Directions are hard

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Directions are hard

So are following banishment rules, eh?

III. Suspensions/Banishment Policy

· The LetsGoWings.com forums generally follows a Three-Strike Policy for disciplining members: The "1st Strike" consists of a 7-day removal of posting privileges, the "2nd Strike" is a 30-day suspension and the "3rd Strike" is permanent removal from the forums. However, there are certain cases where the "Strike" policy does not apply and the offending member is immediately and permanently banished. Such cases are at the discretion of the moderating staff.

· If you are temporarily suspended DO NOT create a new account to post on the forums with or to "plead your case" with. This results in immediate and permanent banishment from the forums without any chance of reinstatement. If you have an issue with your suspension, please e-mail any of the available moderators or admins on staff.

· Minor infractions (such as offenders of the Signature and Avatar Guidelines) may receive a 3-day removal of posting privileges.

Make particular note of NOT CREATING A NEW ACCOUNT.

Yep, game, set, match. Have a great day Number9, GordiesHowesNumber, etc...

Edited by LeftWinger

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

So are following banishment rules, eh?

III. Suspensions/Banishment Policy

· The LetsGoWings.com forums generally follows a Three-Strike Policy for disciplining members: The "1st Strike" consists of a 7-day removal of posting privileges, the "2nd Strike" is a 30-day suspension and the "3rd Strike" is permanent removal from the forums. However, there are certain cases where the "Strike" policy does not apply and the offending member is immediately and permanently banished. Such cases are at the discretion of the moderating staff.

· If you are temporarily suspended DO NOT create a new account to post on the forums with or to "plead your case" with. This results in immediate and permanent banishment from the forums without any chance of reinstatement. If you have an issue with your suspension, please e-mail any of the available moderators or admins on staff.

· Minor infractions (such as offenders of the Signature and Avatar Guidelines) may receive a 3-day removal of posting privileges.

Make particular note of NOT CREATING A NEW ACCOUNT.

Yep, game, set, match. Have a great day Number9, GordiesHowesNumber, etc...

Not sure what your on about mate, this is a Mrazek trade thread.

See below