• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hankzet40

Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

Rate this topic

9 minutes ago, amato said:

Probably irrelevant question: McKenzie says if they make the “CF” the 2018 pick could become a 2nd.... does he mean conference final or cup final? Would think he’d just say “finals” if it were cup final but ya never know. 

It’s conference finals confirmed. Look at my link from article two posts above.

If it was cup finals I’d be expecting a first lol

Edited by kickazz

35 minutes ago, kickazz said:

It’s conference finals confirmed. Look at my link from article two posts above.

If it was cup finals I’d be expecting a first lol

Thanks, and same haha. 

19 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I bet you they bring up McCollum to back up Jimmy. Coreau is too important to the Griffins right now. They have a Cup to defend!

Considering whoever they bring up will barely play (if at all), I would think they’d leave Coreau in Grand Rapids too. 

Fine with this. Decent enough haul for a guy that was never gonna be here much longer after they didn't protect him in expansion. Good luck to him and let's keep the rebuild going.

4 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

And truth be told it's a very reasonable way of looking at it.

Philly is just a few pts away from either keeping their playoff spot, or potentially sliding down to 9th/10th in the Eastern Conference.

They are desperate to stay in the top 8 - Mrazek  will be given the chance to earn the adoration of Philly fans.

Anyone know if Petr will be in net tonight against the Habs?

My fantasy team hopes so

12 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

And truth be told it's a very reasonable way of looking at it.

Philly is just a few pts away from either keeping their playoff spot, or potentially sliding down to 9th/10th in the Eastern Conference.

They are desperate to stay in the top 8 - Mrazek  will be given the chance to earn the adoration of Philly fans.

Anyone know if Petr will be in net tonight against the Habs?

According to daily faceoff Lyon is starting tonight.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/starting-goalies/

9 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Found this over on the Flyers side at HF Boards...

'Have a good feeling Ron beat the **** of out Holland with conditions. At least I hope so, Holland is a ****ing simpleton.'

A lot of Flyers fans are excited about this trade. As they should be. They gave up very little to acquire a goaltender with a lot of untapped potential. If Mrazek pans out, great for them. If he doesn't, no big loss.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I bet you they bring up McCollum to back up Jimmy. Coreau is too important to the Griffins right now. They have a Cup to defend!

I think the big team always comes first. 

8 hours ago, RusDRW said:

Confused it with expansion draft which is basically the same thing as waivers. You definitely got my point but decided to pretend you had no ideas what I'm talking about :)

Nope, there were many aspects of your post that I didnt get.

"Another glory day for the brand new Red Wings! First treating Mrazek like s*** by exposing him to the waiversand then trading him for nothing while also retaining salary... And all these having no goalies in the pipeline. Well done!!!

For the Flyers it has all the potential to be "reserve" Bob trade."

Wasnt sure why you mentioned waivers, didnt get why you cared about retaining salary for the next 3 months, not sure what a "reserve bob trade" means

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

As long as he doesnt play at least 20 minutes in 15 NHL regular season games, I dont want to lose a 7th pick.

Guys, keep it civil, and on-topic. 

With that said, glad we got a good, and potentially better return for Mrazek. I'm ready to see us developing toward a different and brighter future. I'm hoping a lot of big pieces are moved and we can free up 10 mil + in cap by the end of the deadline.

Good luck Petr, doesn't hurt me much to see you go, but I wish you the best in your future. 

5 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Guys, keep it civil, and on-topic. 

With that said, glad we got a good, and potentially better return for Mrazek. I'm ready to see us developing toward a different and brighter future. I'm hoping a lot of big pieces are moved and we can free up 10 mil + in cap by the end of the deadline.

Good luck Petr, doesn't hurt me much to see you go, but I wish you the best in your future. 

At least ten mill seems like a given now, at least after the season when the half of mrazek’s cap hit/half of greens that we’re likely to retain are off the books. Could potentially be a bit more if they’re serious about moving Nyquist or Tatar. 

9 hours ago, RusDRW said:

Well, 4th round selection is nothing.

Of course, Holland had no intentions qualifying him. That is called bad asset management.

No, nothing is nothing.  A 4th round pick is still a pick.  

5 hours ago, greenrebellion said:

Holland will re-sign mrazek in off-season after a strong playoff with Philly. 6 years 36 million

Mrazek will then lose 19 of his first 20 starts

If we just talk about the names being mentioned that are on the books for next year, Helm, Nyquist, Tatar, Glen, that is well over $10M off next years books. Add that to the $12 already available and if the cap goes up a bit, we could have between $25M and $30M.  Holland has to do this. Before July 1, he has to open up about $15M.  It can be done. He has to just get rid of the players being asked about, then maybe a player or two at the draft. Just think, next TDL Jimmy and E will be being shopped as well for more draft picks in a deep 2019 class.

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

If we just talk about the names being mentioned that are on the books for next year, Helm, Nyquist, Tatar, Glen, that is well over $10M off next years books. Add that to the $12 already available and if the cap goes up a bit, we could have between $25M and $30M.  Holland has to do this. Before July 1, he has to open up about $15M.  It can be done. He has to just get rid of the players being asked about, then maybe a player or two at the draft. Just think, next TDL Jimmy and E will be being shopped as well for more draft picks in a deep 2019 class.

I sincerely hope Holland isn't the one spending that money or we're likely to fill that cap space with more middling players making $500k more than they should.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2018/02/ken_holland_red_wings_werent_g.html#incart_river_index

"(Mrazek) is not the goalie I'm keeping because we have to qualify him at $4 million this summer," Holland said. "All I can do is watch games and makes assessments based upon what I see."

Holland said he hasn't decided if Jared Coreau, who was recalled from the Grand Rapids Griffins to back-up Howard, will remain with the Red Wings the rest of the season. He said Coreau has played well in the AHL and earned the opportunity. But he also might be better off playing regularly with the Griffins than watching games in Detroit.

Holland didn't rule out acquiring a back-up goalie before the deadline. He said if Coreau isn't sent down before Monday, he'll likely remain here since teams are allowed only four recalls following the deadline, except in the case of injuries.