3. Dylan Cozens

4. Alex Turcotte

5. Trevor Zegras

6. Bowen Byram

7. Vasili Podkolzin

8. Kirby Dach

9. Phillip Broberg

10. Matthew Boldy

Top 3 are the only 3 that have been set in stone for a while now. The other 7 change depending on the day... Regardless where we end up picking, we should get a really good player...

27 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

He basically racked up points doing stuff that would never work in the NHL.

This is nonsense. It has no basis in reality. It's the stretchiest of stretches. It's the reachiest of reaches. It's the twistiest, turniest of pretzels. It's sophistry. It's fart sniffing.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Hughes to Detroit. It's happening. Only have to wait 5 days for it to become official. Well, technically 78 days until "official", but you get the point... ;)

tenor.gif

Edited by Dabura

My top 10...

1. Jack Hughes

2. Kaapo Kakko

3. Dylan Cozens

4. Alex Turcotte

5. Trevor Zegras

6. Bowen Byram

7. Vasili Podkolzin

8. Kirby Dach

9. Phillip Broberg

10. Matthew Boldy

Top 3 are the only 3 that have been set in stone for a while now. The other 7 change depending on the day... Regardless where we end up picking, we should get a really good player...

I'm expecting to pick at the lowest 7. If we can have Podkolzin, Dach, or Broberg at 7 I'm a happy camper.

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm expecting to pick at the lowest 7. If we can have Podkolzin, Dach, or Broberg at 7 I'm a happy camper.

IF we draft at 7, I think at least one of my top 6 will be available. And IF we don't draft top 2, I'm hoping Cozens is available...

On 4/2/2019 at 2:05 PM, amato said:

Do like the idea of adding Cozens but I'm starting to lean toward defense in the first round.. obviously it depends on where we land/which players potentially fall to us, but I really like the look of our young forwards both on the team, and pushing to make it soon. We really need difference makers on defense though, and this is probably going to be our best shot to land one. The idea of Bowen Byram in the first is really starting to grow on me. He's having a.... Giant... season in the WHL, and is still only 17.

In a weird way, I’m starting to hope for Byram. Maybe I’m resigning myself to the inevitable, but as frustrating as it’s been getting wins solely when considering how it affects our chance of getting the highest draft choices, the reality is a lot of our young guys are really starting to look good on offense. We could really use some more strong prospects on defense however. Not sure if he could go next year, but you never know. If we fall out of top 3, I don’t think Byram is a bad pickup at all. I wouldn’t be disappointed. 

5 hours ago, Dabura said:

Larkin's whole thing has always been holding the puck and skating around players. And it still is. Hughes does that and he's even better at it. And he's a much better playmaker.

I go back to Karlsson and Datsyuk. It's that kind of thing. Hughes can and will skate NHL opponents into the ground, but to suggest that he's AA (i.e. basically only has his skating and some decent skill) is the lamest of lame sauce.

Not tomatoe sauce?

2 hours ago, gcom007 said:

In a weird way, I’m starting to hope for Byram. Maybe I’m resigning myself to the inevitable, but as frustrating as it’s been getting wins solely when considering how it affects our chance of getting the highest draft choices, the reality is a lot of our young guys are really starting to look good on offense. We could really use some more strong prospects on defense however. Not sure if he could go next year, but you never know. If we fall out of top 3, I don’t think Byram is a bad pickup at all. I wouldn’t be disappointed. 

Problem is your assuming we finish 5th , he could be gone at 4th lol

If we fall back though we have to go for a dman broberg/soderstrom or trade back and get an extra pick and till get one of them or one of the fin d’s or the German kid, maybe even consider trading a mantha or AA if edm gets the 4th pick and draft byram since they’re so desperate to get wingers to play with mcdavid , maybe throw in a helm with some cap space paid for them to throw in puljujarvi

AA gets another 30 goals he’s gonna be a headache to resign, he was a headache prior to doing anything he gets 30 again he’s gonna want 7-8 per and I don’t think I’d go that high and witha. Bunch of kids coming in zadina,veleno etc... we have a bunch of stuff to think about 

and I swear if ken Holland doesn’t pull the trigger and get rid of mike green when he’s hot and decides to wait near trade deadline and gets hurt and we miss out on another 1st rounder he should be dragged out of the building 

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Only reason podkolzin drops is if these teams are scared off cause Putin says ah you no touch!

Not saying he’s datsyuk but he reminds me so much of him, If we get a repeat scenario with zadina we should praise Putin 

5 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Only reason podkolzin drops is if these teams are scared off cause Putin says ah you no touch!

Not saying he’s datsyuk but he reminds me so much of him, If we get a repeat scenario with zadina we should praise Putin 

I always praise Putin. Good guy.

15 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Hey, me and the Bobfather have the same top 10, just different order...

I'm really liking how little attention Newhook is getting. He will be our Veleno of this draft, and drop all the way to 36... :ninja:

57 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

“They’re both really good players, probably not superstars,” another scout said. “Hughes could be Patrick Kane, but he might be Clayton Keller. Either way, a very good player. I don’t see Kakko as a superstar either. Very good player.”

Clearly a grieving Red Wings scout. Kind of inconsiderate of the Bobfather to ask for his opinion when the poor man is in mourning.

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

and I swear if ken Holland doesn’t pull the trigger and get rid of mike green when he’s hot and decides to wait near trade deadline and gets hurt and we miss out on another 1st rounder he should be dragged out of the building 

? Green had a NTC. He controlled where and if/when he was traded. Then he got injured. Can't fault Holland for that. And the TDL is exactly when u trade rental players. Teams are clamoring to bolster their rosters and pay more. Waiting until the TDL was the smart move then and will be again this season (assuming Green waives his NTC).

7 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Do you feel the bottom falling out from underneath you?  More and more commentators beginning to come around to things I've been saying all season bro.  You've got a lot riding on this one.

bish plz

Just now, Dabura said:

bish plz

"Weapons grade offense"  was your quote I think lol.  Something, something, multitalent superstar.  Ubermensch. 

Seems like you might have got caught up on the HYPE my man.  Better hope he's the next Kane, and better hope your "chess prodigy" outscores Kakko next year or else I'm going to talk MAD s***.

Hey, me and the Bobfather have the same top 10, just different order...

I'm really liking how little attention Newhook is getting. He will be our Veleno of this draft, and drop all the way to 36... :ninja:

33 :( 

13 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

? Green had a NTC. He controlled where and if/when he was traded. Then he got injured. Can't fault Holland for that. And the TDL is exactly when u trade rental players. Teams are clamoring to bolster their rosters and pay more. Waiting until the TDL was the smart move then and will be again this season (assuming Green waives his NTC).

Whatever the case he should take full of advantage if green gets to a hot start and move his ass around the holiday season to avoid injuries if he can land a 1st rd pick , it would be a big mistake if we miss out on the opportunity of adding a 1st in 2020

sadly just saw limited ntc till feb 1 ... well we ship his ass feb 1 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture