• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

Welcome aboard! We're all idiots here! :cheesy:

It wasn't always this way! LGW.com's just going through a rebuild. Once the Wings git gud again this place will return to its former glory. :drunk:

Game day threads used to hit like 50+ pages now they hit like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that Broberg had an excellent U18 does he slip into your top ten?  If Podkolzin is in the ISS top four I think, and still second in Europe in Central’s list I don’t believe he slips out of the top five picks. Was it Buttons that ranked him low. Not too impressed with his list. I’m still hoping for Byrum and Turcotte.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HoweFan said:

Now that Broberg had an excellent U18 does he slip into your top ten?  If Podkolzin is in the ISS top four I think, and still second in Europe in Central’s list I don’t believe he slips out of the top five picks. Was it Buttons that ranked him low. Not too impressed with his list. I’m still hoping for Byrum and Turcotte.

I think Podkolzin could go anywhere. Same with Broberg and so many others.

One guy who's starting to get a lot of love is Moritz Seider. Hulking right-shot defenseman. Really good skater for his size, good two-way game, likes to play physically, good puck-mover, great arsenal of shots, could become an absolute terror working the point in the o-zone. He, more than anyone else, is really making me wish we had another 1st-round pick in this draft.

Avs are poised to make a killing in this draft. They could be terrifying in a couple of years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the warm welcome. I was expecting to be shunned for being a n00b haha. From the little bit of browsing I've done, it seems there will be some good discussions to look forward to. I'm excited for next season already. Can't wait to see how Steve begins to right the ship!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Larkness Monster said:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I was expecting to be shunned for being a n00b haha. From the little bit of browsing I've done, it seems there will be some good discussions to look forward to. I'm excited for next season already. Can't wait to see how Steve begins to right the ship!

Noobs are welcome. Many are just previously banned accounts anyway.:ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Larkness Monster said:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I was expecting to be shunned for being a n00b haha. From the little bit of browsing I've done, it seems there will be some good discussions to look forward to. I'm excited for next season already. Can't wait to see how Steve begins to right the ship!

Ya welcome aboard... but I wouldn't expect any "good" discussions really. Most opinions outside mine are dumb and dont count... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friedman speculates Red Wings will take Podkolzin

Quote

“If you need help next season or the year after, you can’t take him,” one exec said this week. “But if you can afford to wait…it could be like a delayed powerball victory.”

New Jersey and the Rangers aren’t going there. The suspicion is the Blackhawks won’t either, since they are determined to regain peak relevance now. The biggest question about Chicago is whether or not they take Byram, since they have selected three defencemen in the first round and another in the second during the past two drafts. (I’d take the best player available and sort it out, but I’m not in charge — luckily for them.)

That brings us to Colorado. The Avalanche are stocked with good, young players. This is a rising team that will get votes as a Stanley Cup contender in 2018-19. It can afford to be patient. Now, some teams are more careful about drafting Russian players with options. Mikhail Grigorenko didn’t work out with the Avalanche, and they have to sort out Nikita Zadorov’s future. There are differing opinions on whether or not Colorado would do it, but there’s no doubt they are in a great position to take the gamble.

At five is Los Angeles, and, like the Blackhawks, are pushing to regain the mystique. It would be a surprise. Then comes Detroit.

No GM is more secure than Steve Yzerman, returning to the scene of his greatest triumphs. Even before his announcement, there was a belief the Red Wings liked Podkolzin’s game. The organization has a great history with Russian players, and Yzerman had success with drafting them in Tampa Bay. They won’t be afraid, if he’s the No. 1 guy on their list.

Basically anyone taking Podkolzin has to wait two years for him to come over. We're basically the one team in the top 6 that can really afford to make that investment. I would be curious where Pods would rank if he was available to come over next season. Maybe he's #3? If that's the case Yzerman should BPA that bad boy and let's keep rebuilding another 2 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Friedman speculates Red Wings will take Podkolzin

Basically anyone taking Podkolzin has to wait two years for him to come over. We're basically the one team in the top 6 that can really afford to make that investment. I would be curious where Pods would rank if he was available to come over next season. Maybe he's #3? If that's the case Yzerman should BPA that bad boy and let's keep rebuilding another 2 years.

I mean, if you're drafting 6th you're probably waiting at least a year anyway for anyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Friedman speculates Red Wings will take Podkolzin

Basically anyone taking Podkolzin has to wait two years for him to come over. We're basically the one team in the top 6 that can really afford to make that investment. I would be curious where Pods would rank if he was available to come over next season. Maybe he's #3? If that's the case Yzerman should BPA that bad boy and let's keep rebuilding another 2 years.

We have an abundance of left handed forwards that snipe from the right circle.  Mantha, Athanasiou, Zadina.  That's enough.  We have zero right handed players who can score and need more speed on defense.

 

Hughes

Kakko

Dozens

Byram

Broberg

 

That's what our draft board should look like.  We need to hope one of them is still around at 6.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I mean, if you're drafting 6th you're probably waiting at least a year anyway for anyone. 

Yeah, I wouldn't not take a player at 6 for that reason. It should always be BPA, but I'm just not convinced he will be BPA when we pick. If he is, great, but I'm not quite sold.

20 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

We have an abundance of left handed forwards that snipe from the right circle.  Mantha, Athanasiou, Zadina.  That's enough.  We have zero right handed players who can score and need more speed on defense.

Hughes
Kakko
Dozens
Byram
Broberg

That's what our draft board should look like.  We need to hope one of them is still around at 6.

Hughes and Kakko obviously won't be available at 6. Neither will Byram. Cozens might be. Broberg definitely will be, but shouldn't be our pick.

I'm all for adding some right-shot forwards, but not at the expense of passing up on better players.

18 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

https://www.tsn.ca/podkolzin-plummets-in-tsn-hockey-s-mock-draft-3-0-1.1296254

If this happens, I will be stoked.  Speed, Size, Right Handed.  Exactly what we need.

A lot of people seem to be low on Cozens. He's still at the top of my list though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I wouldn't not take a player at 6 for that reason. It should always be BPA, but I'm just not convinced he will be BPA when we pick. If he is, great, but I'm not quite sold.

Hughes and Kakko obviously won't be available at 6. Neither will Byram. Cozens might be. Broberg definitely will be, but shouldn't be our pick.

I'm all for adding some right-shot forwards, but not at the expense of passing up on better players.

A lot of people seem to be low on Cozens. He's still at the top of my list though.

Podkolzin

Caufield

Zegras

Turcotte

One of these four is getting drafted by Yzerman. I am as sure of this as I was back in March that the Wings would be picking 6th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Podkolzin

Caufield

Zegras

Turcotte

One of these four is getting drafted by Yzerman. I am as sure of this as I was back in March that the Wings would be picking 6th. 

I wouldn't bet against it (the way I did, dropping to 6), but I think there are others that could be an option in Cozens, Dach, Krebs, etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I wouldn't bet against it (the way I did, dropping to 6), but I think there are others that could be an option in Cozens, Dach, Krebs, etc...

I think Cozens goes top 5. 

Dach doesn't seem like an Yzerman pick (but does sort of seem like a Wright pick). 

I think the four guys I listed > Krebs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

https://www.tsn.ca/podkolzin-plummets-in-tsn-hockey-s-mock-draft-3-0-1.1296254

 

If this happens, I will be stoked.  Speed, Size, Right Handed.  Exactly what we need.

I know you don’t draft for need in the first round but it would be sweet with a right handed centerman. Checks many boxes. Would be very satisfied with either Cozens or Dach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I think the skill level isn't as high with Cozens, and that's what is driving people away.  But size and skating are A+.  You cannot teach those.  To me, Dach only has Keith Primeau potential, but a 95% chance of reaching it.  Cozens has Larkin type potential, but only a 5% chance of reaching it (95% Matthieu Dandenault).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2019 at 5:09 PM, Dabura said:

One guy who's starting to get a lot of love is Moritz Seider. Hulking right-shot defenseman. Really good skater for his size, good two-way game, likes to play physically, good puck-mover, great arsenal of shots, could become an absolute terror working the point in the o-zone. He, more than anyone else, is really making me wish we had another 1st-round pick in this draft.

He is. He went from barely making the opening day roster of the Adler Mannheim all the way to our National Team this year. And in his first WC-Game he did this:
 

I'm still not sure if I'd jump on the hype train that fast. But if he drops to us in the second round I'm all for taking him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now