• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2019 Trade Deadline

Rate this topic

Pit has been rumored to be interested in Howard.

You may laugh, but even Ken Daniels eluded to it last night, there will be teams that will be asking about renting Kronwall.  If Kenny is a good GM, if someone calls, Kenny should approach Kronner and give him the choice.  Tell him "listen, Toronto wants you for a Cup run, if you want to get one more shot, I'll trade you there, if you'd rather just skate into the sunset in Detroit, that's cool too. It's your choice."  I am good either way. I could see a 3rd round pick for Kronwall. I HOPE someone wants Ericsson, PLEASE!!!

Daley would be much better on a better team in need of depth, he is called upon too much here. Nyquist and Howard MUST be dealt to get maximum return. 1st round for Nyquist, prospect for Howard.

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Pit has been rumored to be interested in Howard.

You may laugh, but even Ken Daniels eluded to it last night, there will be teams that will be asking about renting Kronwall.  If Kenny is a good GM, if someone calls, Kenny should approach Kronner and give him the choice.  Tell him "listen, Toronto wants you for a Cup run, if you want to get one more shot, I'll trade you there, if you'd rather just skate into the sunset in Detroit, that's cool too. It's your choice."  I am good either way. I could see a 3rd round pick for Kronwall. I HOPE someone wants Ericsson, PLEASE!!!

Daley would be much better on a better team in need of depth, he is called upon too much here. Nyquist and Howard MUST be dealt to get maximum return. 1st round for Nyquist, prospect for Howard.

We'll see just how good a GM Holland is at this trade deadline.If he can't acquire at least TWO 1st rounders and a bluechip defensive prospect, I'll consider his life's work to be a complete failure. 

Nobody cares about your sarcasm, it really takes away from the conversation.

My point is, Holland should listen to all inquiries and explore all avenues to get more draft picks. A BAD GM would just hang up the phone on a Kronwall inquiry without asking Kronner what he'd like to do. Kenny should be that GOOD GM and go to him and ask him if he'd like another shot at the Cup.

a 1st for Gus and a Prospect for Howard is not the moon or unquestionable. That is far and away from your extreme feeble attempt at belittling me by saying what you did about a TDL return. Grow up.

12 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

We'll see just how good a GM Holland is at this trade deadline.If he can't acquire at least TWO 1st rounders and a bluechip defensive prospect, I'll consider his life's work to be a complete failure. 

EXACTLY!

Nyquist to Nashville for Fabbro.

Daley to Dallas for a 1st round pick.

Ericsson to Vegas for a 2nd round pick.

Howard to Calgary for a 1st and a 2nd.

Game's easy...

If Holland can't pull this off he should be fired immediately!!!

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

My point is, Holland should listen to all inquiries and explore all avenues to get more draft picks. A BAD GM would just hang up the phone on a Kronwall inquiry without asking Kronner what he'd like to do. Kenny should be that GOOD GM and go to him and ask him if he'd like another shot at the Cup.

So are we (you) going to just assume that if (when) Kronwall is not traded that Holland "hung up the phone" and "didn't ask him if he'd like another shot at a Cup"?...

11 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

a 1st for Gus and a Prospect for Howard is not the moon or unquestionable. That is far and away from your extreme feeble attempt at belittling me by saying what you did about a TDL return. Grow up.

Except I 100% believe that you think Holland is not "listening to all inquiries and exploring all avenues". And I'm like "considering his last two deadlines (and first and only two as a real seller) what does this guy have to do to earn your trust?". Except I didn't say this because I chose to be unreasonable and irrational instead. When in Rome...........

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Agreed.  It's a bummer he can't turn the corner.

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

...and this is why banned user should remain banned. MODS should re-clean this place up.

Had me and then you lost me...

3 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

It's true. @Bill Berzeench should never have been allowed back on this site. :lol:

My threads are epic, bruh

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

https://www.tsn.ca/duchene-tops-tsn-s-trade-bait-board-1.1242403

Nyquist and Howard sit 8th and 9th on TSN's trade list board. Kronwall is 38th. 

I wanted Nyquist gone at the beginning of the year for a 2nd.  Now, I wouldn't take less than a 1st.  He is having a great season.

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

There is going to be a complete pie storm in here when KH resigns Goose instead of trading him. I mean we can hope for another Veleno to fall in our lap with that pick, but chances are that they wont be as good as Nyquist, so keep him.

If what the beat writers are saying is true and a Nyquist extension would look something like $5M+ x 3/4 years, I don't want him back. He's having a career year in a contract year, as a 29-year-old. Last season he put up 40 points...

15 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

There is going to be a complete pie storm in here when KH resigns Goose instead of trading him. I mean we can hope for another Veleno to fall in our lap with that pick, but chances are that they wont be as good as Nyquist, so keep him.

If we end up with a pick in the 25-31 range, I'd say there's a reasonably good chance that player develops into a player as good as Nyquist. Regardless, he will be 30 to start next season, and into his mid 30's by the time this team is ready to compete. It really would be foolish to hold on to him in our situation. I'm not sure about a "pie storm", but I'd be pretty pissed off if Nyquist isn't traded in the next month...

13 minutes ago, Dabura said:

If what the beat writers are saying is true and a Nyquist extension would look something like $5M+ x 3/4 years, I don't want him back. He's having a career year in a contract year, as a 29-year-old. Last season he put up 40 points...

This too. While I don't think that would be a terrible contract, I think it would be a terrible contract for this team to sign at this stage of their "rebuild".

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Also, with the forward depth in this draft class, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a Veleno type slips to the end of the 1st round again.

Since we don't know exactly what Veleno is going to be yet, I'll stick with the Nyquist comparison. There are always Nyquist caliber players at the end of the first round of every draft. Whether we hit or miss, I'd rather take the swing than not have the chance at all...

GIVE ME ALL THE PICKS!!!

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

This too. While I don't think that would be a terrible contract, I think it would be a terrible contract for this team to sign at this stage of their "rebuild".

I could maybe get behind $5.25M x 3, assuming he continues producing like he has this season and also assuming we're not going anywhere for at least another season. I don't like those assumptions, though. :bored:

I guess the most scathing thing I could say about a moderately big Nyquist extension is that it doesn't seem all that necessary and there's probably a lot of room there for regret.

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Since we don't know exactly what Veleno is going to be yet, I'll stick with the Nyquist comparison. There are always Nyquist caliber players at the end of the first round of every draft. Whether we hit or miss, I'd rather take the swing than not have the chance at all...

GIVE ME ALL THE PICKS!!!

Word.

Mantha and Athanasiou are the new Nyquist and Tatar. Let's continue phasing out the old guard and continue stockpiling picks and building for the future.

PICK HYPE!

So dregger and McKenzie just said on the insider teams are calling the wings about kronwall ... guessing the leafs for sure , sadly I doubt he’d do us a solid and waive his no trade clause but just curious what his return could be, he’s older now but you know he’d step up and be a bigger presence in the playoffs on a cup contending team depending his role 

have to think at least a 2nd

I feel all pending-UFAs should be moved, unless the team feels it would hinder the development of the players that would need to be called up to fill the roles, or those currently on the team. Draft picks should be the goal, or players under 23 with team control.

Nyquist - 1st or 2nd.

Howard- 2nd or 3rd.

Kronwall-4th or 5th.

Jensen - 5th or 6th.

Vanek-6th or 7th

Then I'm moving veterans that don't have a long-term role.

Green - 2nd or 3rd.

Daley - 3rd or 4th.

Dekeyser - 4th or 5th.

Ericsson 4th or 5th.

Now, obviously the team has to field a roster. It's not possible to get rid of 6 defensemen.  But they should be shopping all the players above. Get rid of 2-3 wingers and 2-3 defensemen. Secure 5-6 more picks.