Points update:

• Mantha (2G) - 14 goals and 24 points thru 44 games
  • Bertuzzi (1G, 1A) - 14 goals and 30 points thru 50 games
  • Green (2A) - 4 goals and 22 points thru 37 games
  • Vanek (1G) - 12 goals and 29 points thru 51 games
  • Larkin (1A) - 24 goals and 55 points thru 58 games

45 minutes ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

You'd think they would learn.

I think at this point it's mostly a talent issue. There's probably some form of mental block as well (something like an inferiority complex), but I figure that goes hand-in-hand with the talent issue. It's gotta suck going into every game knowing you have essentially zero room for error unless your goalie stands on his head.

I don't trust that if we ice pretty much this same roster next season with just a minor tweak here and there, we're going to close out a lot more of these one-goal games. So I'm hoping that if Holland is serious about getting back into the playoffs next season, we're going to see some meaningful changes made.

Edited by Dabura

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

I think at this point it's mostly a talent issue. There's probably some form of mental block as well (something like an inferiority complex), but I figure that goes hand-in-hand with the talent issue. It's gotta suck going into every game knowing you have essentially zero room for error unless your goalie stands on his head.

I don't trust that if we ice pretty much this same roster next season with just a minor tweak here and there, we're going to close out a lot more of these one-goal games. So I'm hoping that if Holland is serious about getting back into the playoffs next season, we're going to see some meaningful changes made.

Yeah that's true and you are seeing glimpse of this team being able to put the puck in the net. Just need to tighten up the defense (make a couple trades, or sign) and goaltending.

6 minutes ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

Yeah that's true and you are seeing glimpse of this team being able to put the puck in the net. Just need to tighten up the defense (make a couple trades, or sign) and goaltending.

It's frustrating. On the one hand, I can see us gettng back into Cup contention within the next couple of years. On the other hand, a lot would have to go right for that to happen.

We're sort of in the same boat that the Leafs were in when they tanked for Matthews. Hopefully we'll have the same sort of luck in the upcoming draft.

17 minutes ago, brett said:

need defense

you thought choio was the next thing nope

you thought hronek was the next thing nope

you get jensen daley ericsson kronwall deke and green. f*** improving 

I feel ya. I had hoped "What if we just bring every single one of our veterans back and start Hronek and Cholowski in Grand Rapids next season? Would that be so bad?" would not be an actual conversation in mid-February, but here we are.

43 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I feel ya. I had hoped "What if we just bring every single one of our veterans back and start Hronek and Cholowski in Grand Rapids next season? Would that be so bad?" would not be an actual conversation in mid-February, but here we are.

This carnival won’t change until Stevie is running the show

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

It's frustrating. On the one hand, I can see us gettng back into Cup contention within the next couple of years. On the other hand, a lot would have to go right for that to happen.

We're sort of in the same boat that the Leafs were in when they tanked for Matthews. Hopefully we'll have the same sort of luck in the upcoming draft.

We're basically the 2015 version of the Leafs. Except they got Mathews, traded for Anderson and picked up Zaitsev to help their defense. We've yet do attempt any of those. The draft will be our best hope (again). Doubt any big player trades will be done by Holland. 

Holland will end up resigning 3-4 players with NTC/NMC this summer. Including Luke Witkowski. 

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, kylee said:

This carnival won’t change until Stevie is running the show

Yzerman has not been as successful yet as Holland already has been. Yzerman learned how to manage from Holland. Dont think it would be that much better. Although it might make some of you feel better, I don't think 19 gets this team back into contention any faster.

14 hours ago, Dabura said:

Well sure you could do that but I don't feel comfortable doing it. I think Green is a great defensemen and clearly a guy we need in the lineup every night. I don't trust Kronwall, E, DK, Jensen (although he does show glimpses of being steady) the veterans showing the young guys like Cholo, Hronek the ropes. Our veterans are average at best or well past the prime.