• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

11/4 Shouting Fire in a Half-Empty Theater GDT - Predators @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Fun fact: Contrary to what some revisionist historians will tell you, Shanahan didn't turn the Leafs around in one season. He spent the first nine months on the job evaluating what he had. 2014-15 was a rough season and he stated publicly that he was basically going to nuke everything from orbit -- but also that fans were going to have to be patient. The Leafs got Marner @ 4th overall. Next season (Year 2 of the Shanahan era), the Leafs finished dead last, outsucking Edmonton by one point. They were rewarded with Matthews. The rest is history.

Take from that what you will.

So Holtz this year and Raty or whomever next? I'd be OK with this. 

4 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I'm not going to say yes, but in my experience, i've been to 4 Wings games in Nashville during the regular season, and i've seen the Wings play in about a dozen opposing team's arenas, and Nashville was by far the loudest, how loud the fans cheer and just everything overall. The little chants and sayings for everything gets old fast though.

I've also never been so much as heckled or yelled at at any Preds game, the fans are usually friendly and inquisitive. A couple games, a guy I work with has season tickets, so I sat right in the middle of all the season ticket holders and they were also friendly. I can really only speak for the places i've been, Philly was easily the worst. 

AA straddling the line and the line is 2 feet behind his back skate :lol:

Been wanting to visit Nashville for a while now. Only time I've been heckled is at a Buffalo Bills game... of all teams to heckle.

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

LARKIN THROWING HANDS WITH ELLIS

Pro gamer move

My feed froze at the time out and I thought it was NHL app going to a silent commercial break. A minute later I got a notification on my watch that it was 4-1 and realized the feed was just frozen on Apple TV. I couldn’t ******* believe it. And now 5-1. Redmond rails on the refs. What else can we do this year? How is Ottawa behind us?

Downtown Nashville is pretty awesome, especially if you like live music. You leave the stadium and it literally drops you on a strip of like 20 music bars within a few yards. Game got out and we spent another 3 hours drinking and listening to some bands play last game we went to. A lot of places have $5 pints on weeknights.

I wonder how Abdelkader is in net? Maybe he can suit up and give it a go, just to mix things up.

Just now, Dabura said:

1-5.

Right or wrong, this may be the end of the Blashill era.

I actually kinda feel bad for the guy at this point but it’s like pulling a goalie on a season the way things are going. His fault or not, it’s getting to be about time.

Also.... How do you build a team, a heart, a soul, something.... around no captain.... We've decided to fancy this triple/quadruple A thing..... What is the point.... we have sooooo many leaders that we can't name a captain.... we are becoming an identity joke

6 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Slap fight?

Was short and up against the glass, but pretty intense. Larkin had a couple solid connections. Which I'm not super-thrilled about (plz no break hands thx), but whatevz.

Edited by Dabura

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Was short and up against the glass, but pretty intense. Larkin had a couple solid connections. Which I'm not super-thrilled about (plz no break hands thx), but whatevz.

After Mantha last year, I don’t want any guy who can kinda score fighting. But with our luck Larkin broke his hand.

7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

So Holtz this year and Raty or whomever next? I'd be OK with this. 

I'd like to think we're mirroring both of Shanahan's first two seasons in this this one season. Yzerman's taking time to evaluate, but at the same time we're on pace to finish dead last in an extremely deep draft year. I dunno that I believe the young talent we have in the system is as good as the Leafs' non-Matthews/Marner young talent, but I think a guy like Lafreniere or Byfield could really "tie the room together."

7 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

I actually kinda feel bad for the guy at this point but it’s like pulling a goalie on a season the way things are going. His fault or not, it’s getting to be about time.

This is pretty much where I'm at, yeah. I won't root for him to get fired and I hope things get better, but this is a really bad situation right now and you can't let it drag on much longer.

8 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Ellis is and was always a little ***** though

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm cool with Larkin going HAM on Ellis. I just cringe when one of our young scorers fights. Mantha's broken his hands twice already doing it.

9 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

After Mantha last year, I don’t want any guy who can kinda score fighting. But with our luck Larkin broke his hand.

My biggest concern is that Ellis's elbow concussed him.