• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

38 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I think yzerman wont admit to failing both trades he did and erne comes back and if he doesnt make it he’ll just waive him

Ya, also I think since Erne has a brief history with Yzerman in Tampa (which is why I assume he traded for him) that if any, he will qualify Erne.

42 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Josh brown just got dealt to ottawa for the 95th pick ... josh brown?

Josh Brown was a RFA, they traded his rights to Ottawa. He played in 56 games last season and had 8 points. If he garnered a 4th round pick, I'd be shopping ALL of Perlini, Ehn, Erne, Timashov AND Bowey to see what we could get back. Heck, Bowey is the exact same position, played in less games, is a year younger and doubled the points, that could get us at least a 3rd, eh? Maybe even a 2nd!

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Ya, also I think since Erne has a brief history with Yzerman in Tampa (which is why I assume he traded for him) that if any, he will qualify Erne.

Josh Brown was a RFA, they traded his rights to Ottawa. He played in 56 games last season and had 8 points. If he garnered a 4th round pick, I'd be shopping ALL of Perlini, Ehn, Erne, Timashov AND Bowey to see what we could get back. Heck, Bowey is the exact same position, played in less games, is a year younger and doubled the points, that could get us at least a 3rd, eh? Maybe even a 2nd!

Josh brown is 26 and has 93 games experience and got the 95th pick, im sure we can get an early to mid 3rd for bowey and id do it, some interesting guys like heineman etc.. that might be around there + defensemen are always more valuable than forwards and i dont see him being a top 6

Timashov is cheap and will be back , dont think anyones calling for perlini and ehn

22 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

I think the difference between Brown and Bowey is that Brown actually plays good defense lol. Big aggressive hardworking stay at home guy. Bowey plays a much riskier game and over-extends himself.

Pretty sure Dorion is just going after cheap options for his blueline to satisfy tightwad Melnyk. And Panthers are opening up space to bring in a big Dman like Krug.

Ehn will be back he's a stud

Sens have to hit the bottom floor lol those f***s will be fighting with us for awful contracts

as for ehn, he puts kocur to shame

What does jonathan quick 5,8 cap hit x3 get us back? Not saying that would be my first bad trade id take back especially with no chance at l.a’s first 

id say 2nd rounder + 1st next yr + ? The actual money spent would = like 7.5million in savings so with anderson gone i can see melnyk salivating 

staal cost a 2nd but x3 yrs should be costly ... maybe can push for a kaliyev/fagemo ... id say though unless they’re getting some big free agents,maybe l.a got over the thought of trading quick since itll cost alot . That d lineup is bad and cant see them going anywhere . Dustin brown is likely the guy to target for picks

14 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

What does jonathan quick 5,8 cap hit x3 get us back? Not saying that would be my first bad trade id take back especially with no chance at l.a’s first 

id say 2nd rounder + 1st next yr + ? The actual money spent would = like 7.5million in savings so with anderson gone i can see melnyk salivating 

staal cost a 2nd but x3 yrs should be costly ... maybe can push for a kaliyev/fagemo ... id say though unless they’re getting some big free agents,maybe l.a got over the thought of trading quick since itll cost alot . That d lineup is bad and cant see them going anywhere . Dustin brown is likely the guy to target for picks

If we can get some good picks i'd take the Quick trade. Bernier's contract is over next summer so we'd have him as a starter for a couple years. And hopefully, we will have Askarov, and he's ready to go when Quick goes.

13 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Joe Kocur? Ehn fights?

No. He was being sarcastic.

12 hours ago, chaps80 said:

If we can get some good picks i'd take the Quick trade. Bernier's contract is over next summer so we'd have him as a starter for a couple years. And hopefully, we will have Askarov, and he's ready to go when Quick goes.

Wouldn't mind Quick. Certainly cheaper than Markstrom, shorter term, and something of value coming back.

On 9/30/2020 at 8:51 PM, CatBoyRossi said:

So you think we exist in a fair league when other teams can't spend to the cap but we can?

Are you kidding me? Absolutely. Why is it fair? Because the team isn't just the players. A team also includes coaches, scouts, executives and owners. All of them have to perform to get the best product on the ice. In Detroit, we've loved the Illitch family because they've performed. All of the other owners have an equally fair opportunity to be as successful as our owner. What a dumb question.

9 hours ago, martyrme19 said:

Are you kidding me? Absolutely. Why is it fair? Because the team isn't just the players. A team also includes coaches, scouts, executives and owners. All of them have to perform to get the best product on the ice. In Detroit, we've loved the Illitch family because they've performed. All of the other owners have an equally fair opportunity to be as successful as our owner. What a dumb question.

If the cap was fair, it would be adjusted based on the income tax in each jurisdiction... so if the cap is 10M for teams in Florida with no income-tax it would be 11M in a state with 10% income tax, thus eliminating an unintended advantage for low tax jurisdictions. 

On 10/2/2020 at 2:34 PM, nyqvististhefuture said:

Sens have to hit the bottom floor lol those f***s will be fighting with us for awful contracts

as for ehn, he puts kocur to shame

They will, but they will likely only go for the ones that were front loaded because Melnyk is so ******* cheap.

37 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

Offer sheet: Erik Cernak - TBL - 4.36 AAV x 2 years - compensation: 2nd rounder

Former 2nd rounder, 23 year old, big mobile shutdown guy. Logs top4 minutes already. Yzerman traded for him in Tampa. Would instantly take a huge load off of Hronek on the RH and allow Seider to slot in on the 3rd pair and play more sheltered minutes. And we have x3 2nd round picks so we have spares to use.

Dekyser - Hronek
Nemeth - Cernak
Staal - Seider

Also with Tampa needing to clear a ton of cap, and our 2nd rounder being a high one, this may very well go unmatched. I know a buncha Canucks writers have been all over the idea of a Cernak offersheet for Vancouver.

Offer sheet: Mikhail Sergachev - TBL - $5.4M AAV x 6 years - max for 1st & 3rd round pick compensation.

Sergachev - Hronek
Nemeth - Seider
DeKeyser - Staal / Cholowski / Bowey / Lindstrom

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Offer sheet: Mikhail Sergachev - TBL - $5.4M AAV x 6 years - max for 1st & 3rd round pick compensation.

Sergachev - Hronek
Nemeth - Seider
DeKeyser - Staal / Cholowski / Bowey / Lindstrom

We are in no position to do anything that gives up up a first, Sergachev or not.

3 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

Agreed with Marc. Our first is too high to give up. That offer sheet makes more sense to a team with a later first in my mind. But even so I think TBL matches that.

If we were flirting with making the playoffs each year, I'd be all over it. But not yet, as we likely have a couple more top 5 picks in us at this point.

11 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

We are in no position to do anything that gives up up a first, Sergachev or not.

I completely disagree. Sergachev is performing like a top three pick, and just turned 22 years old. As we know all too well, a top three pick is far from guaranteed, even if we are the worst team in the league again next season (which I don't think we will be). And even if you luck out and get a top three pick, there's no guarantee that player will be as good or better than Sergachev.

Sergachev is just entering his prime, and would be right around the same age as the rest of our core. He would be a massive upgrade on our back end, and make us suck much less next season, and for the next 10+ seasons.

11 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

Agreed with Marc. Our first is too high to give up. That offer sheet makes more sense to a team with a later first in my mind. But even so I think TBL matches that.

The 1st round pick would be next year, not this year, and we have no idea where that pick would be in 2021. Tampa might match, but they might not be able to, with their current cap crunch.

9 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

If we were flirting with making the playoffs each year, I'd be all over it. But not yet, as we likely have a couple more top 5 picks in us at this point.

Sergachev >>> potential top 5 pick in a relatively weak draft...

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I completely disagree. Sergachev is performing like a top three pick, and just turned 22 years old. As we know all too well, a top three pick is far from guaranteed, even if we are the worst team in the league again next season (which I don't think we will be). And even if you luck out and get a top three pick, there's no guarantee that player will be as good or better than Sergachev.

Sergachev is just entering his prime, and would be right around the same age as the rest of our core. He would be a massive upgrade on our back end, and make us suck much less next season, and for the next 10+ seasons.

The 1st round pick would be next year, not this year, and we have no idea where that pick would be in 2021. Tampa might match, but they might not be able to, with their current cap crunch.

Sergachev >>> potential top 5 pick in a relatively weak draft...

Tampa would match that contract in a heartbeat anyway, cap crunch or not. They'd just shed cap elsewhere. And hey, if they can't, they can get a bigger haul for him locked in on a 6 year deal than they would for offer sheet picks. 

2 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Tampa would match that contract in a heartbeat anyway, cap crunch or not. They'd just shed cap elsewhere. And hey, if they can't, they can get a bigger haul for him locked in on a 6 year deal than they would for offer sheet picks. 

I agree. Which makes the assertion that we are in no position to give up a 1st round pick for Sergachev all the more foolish. It would be a great move by Yzerman, if he could pull off the offersheet, and it would be a bad move by Bisebois, if he couldn't match.

A top 2-3 defensman, like Sergachev is the type of player you want to offersheet. Not a bottom pair defenseman, like Cernak...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree. Which makes the assertion that we are in no position to give up a 1st round pick for Sergachev all the more foolish. It would be a great move by Yzerman, if he could pull off the offersheet, and it would be a bad move by Bisebois, if he couldn't match.

A top 2-3 defensman, like Sergachev is the type of player you want to offersheet. Not a bottom pair defenseman, like Cernak...

But if there is a guy like Drysdale in the draft, that's what I want. 

2 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

Rights to Sergachev and Cirelli

in exchange for:

Nemeth and Glendening + 2020 2nd round pick + 2021 first round pick

I'd do this in a heartbeat, but like my previous offersheet, it's probably not enough.

3 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

This. Tampa will match that offer. It's a bargain for Sergachev.

I don't disagree. I'd consider upping it to over $6M (adding a 2nd round pick) if that would get it done...

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

But if there is a guy like Drysdale in the draft, that's what I want. 

There's supposedly at least a couple defensemen projected to go in the top 3 next year, better than Drysdale. I'd still take the sure thing, over a chance we get one of those picks, and chance that the pick turns out as good or better than Sergachev 5 years later...

9 hours ago, kliq said:

They will, but they will likely only go for the ones that were front loaded because Melnyk is so ******* cheap.

Yup for sure lol ... thats why i think theres one contract the redwings 100% need to jump on ahead of other teams without a doubt . Marc andre fleury , apparently vegas doesnt want to retain any salary . No problem give us your 1st rd pick we’ll take him (29th pick, higher than what id want but beggars cant be choosers) 

Next, eat 50% off fleury’s contract and send him to another team for another 1st 

Dont think melnyk would eat up 7 mill for 2 1sts and dont know how many teams can compete with us for such a deal with fleury

8 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

If you want to respond to me don't be a coward and respond to me.

Your offersheet for Sergachev sucks and would matched immediately by Tampa. And Cernak plays a top 4 role for Tampa darling.

Yeah, I was really being a "coward" by calling you out on your dumb offersheet and not quoting you directly... Instead I was talking behind your back to marc... Unfortunately, you must have heard me... Oops...

LOL my offersheet sucks but yet we shouldn't risk losing our 1st round pick for Sergachev?... You can't have it both ways "darling"...

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I was really being a "coward" by calling you out on your dumb offersheet and not quoting you directly... Instead I was talking behind your back to marc... Unfortunately, you must have heard me... Oops...

LOL my offersheet sucks but yet we shouldn't risk losing our 1st round pick for Sergachev?... You can't have it both ways "darling"...

Id take for sergachev ... i know next year isnt the draft we’re all hoping would be a mcdavid type draft where we can finally get our mega star but if we trade our first round pick you just know 100% that pick will finally ending up being the #1 pick 

8 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Id take for sergachev ... i know next year isnt the draft we’re all hoping would be a mcdavid type draft where we can finally get our mega star but if we trade our first round pick you just know 100% that pick will finally ending up being the #1 pick 

I'd take 22 year old Sergachev now, over the slim chance at number one overall next year.

6 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

Your offersheet does suck and wouldn't go anywhere. Doubt Sergachev even signs it.

Again, you can't have it both ways dumbass. It can't be way too much for us to give up, but no way Brisebois doesn't match...

8 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

In what way is it dumb sweetheart?

1. The last thing this team needs is another right-handed defenseman.
2. If you're offer sheeting a player, it should be a needle mover. Cernak isn't that.
3. Just under $4.5M, plus a 2nd round pick is an over payment.
4. We could get more value out of the 2nd round pick via trade, or the cap space via free agency.