This team could use a 2C, 1 or even 2 more Dmen, and another goalie

I'd go hard for Turris, Barrie, Gudas, and Dell

Defense should look more like this:

Dekeyser - Hronek
Staal - Seider
Nemeth - Lindstrom

Biega

10 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Why are we not playing Rasmussen and Veleno again?

Why are we not playing Raymond again?

Those lineups are horrendous.

Because we're not the Edmonton Oilers and we don't f*** up players development by throwing them to the sharks too soon.

13 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Defense should look more like this:

Dekeyser - Hronek
Staal - Seider
Nemeth - Lindstrom

Biega

Assuming Seider does sign with Rogle, I don't think he will be eligible to play in the NHL until after the SHL season ends. 

Until then, I'd go with...

DeKeyser - Hronek

Nemeth - Lindstrom

Cholowski - Staal

Biega

Once Seider does come back, he could slot right in for the inevitable injury, or after the trade deadline, for Nemeth / Staal.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there's another signing and / or trade before the season (hopefully) starts...

35 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Haaa i know he was a throw in but i just noticed ryan kuffner wasnt qualified either lmao

13 games AA  for

niederbach

stange

2021 2nd 

whatever gagner hopefully gets us

cant imagine holland’s a happy camper, he looks the fool

He's JUST NOW looking like a fool? He's looked like a fool for a long, long time.

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

He's JUST NOW looking like a fool? He's looked like a fool for a long, long time.

At least he admits his fault , yzermans refusing to let go of erne just yet lol

16 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

As for forwards, I'd like to see Turris signed to a cheap, short-term (2 year) contract to play 2C until Veleno is ready.

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Zadina

Fabbri - Turris - Mantha

Svechnikov - Filppula - Gagner

Helm - Rasmussen - Glendening

Nielsen / Timashov

I wouldnt mind turris x1 , but id like someone else ... being dead last by a country mile and having nothing to dangle with at the deadline last season was awful ... id like something that can get us a 2nd+ back and right now we just have spare parts ....

unless yzerman pulls the trigger on mantha

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Yzerman likes his players. Erne had 20 points the year prior, he is a good bottom 6, 4th line guy. Better than Abby was, I just think, like a few players, suffered under Blashill. Blashill is a bad coach. For this, I think Yzerman needs to admit a fault. BUT, as long as he doesn't re-sign him I guess that we will move on after this season.

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I wouldnt mind turris x1 , but id like someone else ... being dead last by a country mile and having nothing to dangle with at the deadline last season was awful ... id like something that can get us a 2nd+ back and right now we just have spare parts ....

unless yzerman pulls the trigger on mantha

There's really just not any good centers available in FA. Maybe Granlund or Haula? Not so sure they will be much better than Turris. And for the chemistry with Mantha I'd be willing to just bet on him.

Sounds like we could get a shot at Khudobin

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Yzerman likes his players. Erne had 20 points the year prior, he is a good bottom 6, 4th line guy. Better than Abby was, I just think, like a few players, suffered under Blashill. Blashill is a bad coach. For this, I think Yzerman needs to admit a fault. BUT, as long as he doesn't re-sign him I guess that we will move on after this season.

I know he played with datsyuk but at least he produced a few seasons , i dont think erne lasts past this season

i think due to the ahl being a question mark we’ll be carrying a handful of spare parts

4 minutes ago, DonHakan said:

There's really just not any good centers available in FA. Maybe Granlund or Haula? Not so sure they will be much better than Turris. And for the chemistry with Mantha I'd be willing to just bet on him.

Sounds like we could get a shot at Khudobin

Unless we take a flyer on turris and try him out with mantha and see if they still have chemistry , haula might be like the only option unless theres a trade out there to be made

itl be another long season either way you look at it, im just hoping we get some pieces we can use for trade bait at the deadline , unless of course we take on bad contracts now 

Just now watching the "wrap" from Yzerman. I really love having Yzerman as a GM. BTW, did you guys catch the fact that if we loan a player to the SHL, they can't come back and play here until the season is over? I wonder how long that is? Veleno, Hronek and Seider are going. So that means until the SHL season is over, no matter when the NHL starts, they cannot come back here and play. 

13 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

i think due to the ahl being a question mark we’ll be carrying a handful of spare parts

Because of the SHL thing, and the AHL not playing, you may be right. OR you are going to see most (if not all) of our top prospects going on loan to the SHL (so they can play a full season as soon as possible) and we'll be gathering your 1 -2 year TDL players to fill out our roster.

Here is the Draper part of the "wrap."

Edited by LeftWinger

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Just now watching the "wrap" from Yzerman. I really love having Yzerman as a GM. BTW, did you guys catch the fact that if we loan a player to the SHL, they can't come back and play here until the season is over? I wonder how long that is? Veleno, Hronek and Seider are going. So that means until the SHL season is over, no matter when the NHL starts, they cannot come back here and play. 

Because of the SHL thing, and the AHL not playing, you may be right. OR you are going to see most (if not all) of our top prospects going on loan to the SHL (so they can play a full season as soon as possible) and we'll be gathering your 1 -2 year TDL players to fill out our roster.

Anyone have the Draper part of the "wrap" from yesterday? I only got to see the Yzerman part...

Hronek was loaned to a Czech club. Only SHL and Finish Liga have the policy/agreement you're talking about. Basically Hronek, Zadina, and Rasmussen can come back at any time. At least that's my understanding. 

5 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

If Seider isnt playing this year, I will pass on watching.  That's the stupidest thing Ive ever seen a pro sports team do.

Yeah, heaven forbid they get one of their best prospects playing meaningful games wherever they can during a pandemic. Damn them...

59 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Seider is going to Sweden, so don't expect him in the lineup. It'll look more like:

UFA(Trade) - Hronek

Dekeyser - Staal

Nemeth - UFA (Trade)

Biega

Poor cholowski

i think he mentioned picking up two right d’s .... think one to look at since he had already in tampa would be gudas , maybe we can pay a big more to vatanen (5mill?) so he signs for just one year? If he puts up 40-45 maybe he gets us back a first at the deadline 

Maybe even better if he signs x2, might get more value back

Anyone know how the camp invite stuff works this year? Theres some guys undrafted we should take a look at 

guessing that wont happen this yr with seasons starting already in europe and god only knows what happens with the canadian junior leagues

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Not sure if I missed it but Erne and Hirose have both been re-signed to 1 year extensions each. No word on the AAV yet from what I can see.

Really disappointed that Yzerman is letting his ego run with this Erne thing. Ehn was a much more reliable player last year. If you're not gonna re-sign Ehn then you shouldn't be re-signing Erne or Ehn. Whatever depth grinding role Erne can provide Smith could easily bring from what I saw of his game last year.

Is Erne officially our first good ol boy that Yzerman can't let go? Like with Holland and Cleary?

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Here is the Draper part of the "wrap."

I read somewhere that they would likely be able to come to the Wings at the 50 game mark. But it’s hard to say with no definitive schedule.