• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

2021 NHL Playoffs

Rate this topic

Alright for those in here who know. With Caps bounced, let us where we are at with that pick. Currently trying to Will the Isles and Habs to wins tonight. Not looking great.

2 hours ago, 55fan said:

Colorado looking way too good for my taste.  Go Vegas/Minn (please be Minn)

Colorado looks unstoppable. Folks seem to think Vegas would be the team that has their number. I don't buy it. I think they walk all over Vegas or Minny in the next round.

Lol Oilers

Habs are going to pound the Leafs into submission. Johnny T is already kill. More lives will have to be sacrificed. Even if they emerge above the Habs in the first round, the Jets are going to be well rested and un-battered and will finish them off.

NYI and Pit looks like a toss up to me. I love the Pens skills and ability to keep it in the zone with pressure on. But NYI is just so good at clogging up the neutral zone and stopping this. Could go either way.

Lol Caps

Canes and Preds. No one cares about this series.

Spencer Knight is a fun story, but IDK how the Bolts don't finish them off at this point.

Finals: Bolts v. Avs. Avs take it.

Edited by Gniwder

Just now, Gniwder said:

Colorado looks unstoppable. Folks seem to think Vegas would be the team that has their number. I don't buy it. I think they walk all over Vegas and/or Minny in the next round.

Lol Oilers

Habs are going to pound the Leafs into submission. Johnny T is already kill. More lives will have to be sacrificed. Even if they emerge above the Habs in the first round, the Jets are going to be well rested and un-battered and will finish them off.

NYI and Pit looks like a toss up to me. I love the Pens skills and ability to keep it in the zone with pressure on. But NYI is just so good at clogging up the neutral zone and stopping this. Could go either way.

Lol Caps

Canes and Preds. No one cares about this series.

Spencer Knight is a fun story, but IDK how the Bolts don't finish them off at this point.

Finals: Bolts v. Avs. Avs take it.

Nothing you said here seems wrong. 

When can we have a serious chat about McDavid and how overrated he is? 

56 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Point per game in the playoffs seems good. But when you consider he was at nearly 2 points per game in the regular season, the Jets effectively cut McD in half.

The team is just so bad after Drai and McD. The rest of the team is benefiting so heavily from playing with them and the stat boost that comes with it. Holland is in a dangerous Holland spot for Holland. It's very easy to overpay mediocre players in this situation. They need to really look deep into each player and if they are actually benefiting the team in a significant way.

I'd like to see him blow it up after this loss. Buy out Koskinen. Release Larsson and Kulikov. Release Chiasson and Nugent-Hopkins. Go hard after Grubauer and Rask. Offer Ovechkin a max short term contract. Hold cap and wait for trades.

2 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Point per game in the playoffs seems good. But when you consider he was at nearly 2 points per game in the regular season, the Jets effectively cut McD in half.

The team is just so bad after Drai and McD. The rest of the team is benefiting so heavily from playing with them and the stat boost that comes with it. Holland is in a dangerous Holland spot for Holland. It's very easy to overpay mediocre players in this situation. They need to really look deep into each player and if they are actually benefiting the team in a significant way.

I'd like to see him blow it up after this loss. Buy out Koskinen. Release Larsson and Kulikov. Release Chiasson and Nugent-Hopkins. Go hard after Grubauer and Rask. Offer Ovechkin a max short term contract. Hold cap and wait for trades.

I just think he's a one trick pony. And I think I'd rather build a team around Mathews

Anyway, I don't know how you easily fix the Oilers other than goaltending. I'd be tempted to blow it up like you mentioned but that's a tough sell to McDavid. "Hey Connor, give us 5-6 more years to give you some solid depth"

Maybe trade the German? I don't know...........

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I just think he's a one trick pony. And I think I'd rather build a team around Mathews

Anyway, I don't know how you easily fix the Oilers other than goaltending. I'd be tempted to blow it up like you mentioned but that's a tough sell to McDavid. "Hey Connor, give us 5-6 more years to give you some solid depth"

I've been saying this. He's the Gretzky to Draisaitl's Messier. Draisaitl does all the hard work. For instance, in a triple OT game last night you know how many faceoffs McDavid took? Eight. Draisaitl? 35. Nugent-Hopkins? 21. Draisaitl WON more faceoffs than McDavid even took, and Connor is supposedly the superstar 1C.  Lol.

I've also mentioned McDavid's zone starts before. He's starts in the offensive zone 62% of the time. Draisaitl, 54%.

It drives me absolutely crazy how overrated McDavid is, and how underrated Draisaitl is. I've said before that McDavid isn't even the best center on his team, let alone in the league and I stand by that. I'd honestly move him to Nugent-Hopkin's wing, let Draisaitl center the top line, and hope that as Broberg, Bouchard, Yammamoto, Lavoie, and McLeod come online they'll flesh out the top six and first two defense pairs (along with Nurse). I genuinely wouldn't bother with McDavid at center. He's just way too limited at that position. Put him with a responsible center and he'll score just as much and you could probably get him on the ice MORE often without getting scored on.

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Watch Holland go hard after Bernier

Their defense seems set. Just young.

Nurse - Bear
Broberg - Bouchard

I like the goalie Holland drafted, Konovalov, but he's only 22.

I think you go hard for a goalie and shed salary. They have the framework in Drai and McD and the young defense. Just ly in wait for oppurtunities to come to add good players to that framework. McD can suck it. He doesn't run the team, muh boi ken does

3 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Is it me, or are the 'new' Avs jerseys/helmets/pants (greater emphasis with that off blue) really hard on the eyes?

:wacko:

They're awful.  Bring back the black pants.

5 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I've been saying this. He's the Gretzky to Draisaitl's Messier. Draisaitl does all the hard work. For instance, in a triple OT game last night you know how many faceoffs McDavid took? Eight. Draisaitl? 35. Nugent-Hopkins? 21. Draisaitl WON more faceoffs than McDavid even took, and Connor is supposedly the superstar 1C.  Lol.

I've also mentioned McDavid's zone starts before. He's starts in the offensive zone 62% of the time. Draisaitl, 54%.

It drives me absolutely crazy how overrated McDavid is, and how underrated Draisaitl is. I've said before that McDavid isn't even the best center on his team, let alone in the league and I stand by that. I'd honestly move him to Nugent-Hopkin's wing, let Draisaitl center the top line, and hope that as Broberg, Bouchard, Yammamoto, Lavoie, and McLeod come online they'll flesh out the top six and first two defense pairs (along with Nurse). I genuinely wouldn't bother with McDavid at center. He's just way too limited at that position. Put him with a responsible center and he'll score just as much and you could probably get him on the ice MORE often without getting scored on.

He's not overrated.  He's rated correctly as the world's best player.  Best offensive force in hockey post Lemieux.  World's best player doesn't mean you can win a Stanley Cup on a one-line team.  If he wins a Selke trophy this season, then I'll agree he's getting credit for things he shouldn't.  People are overreacting.  Edmonton was never making a deep run this season.  They're too reliant on one line and their powerplay.      

16 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

They're awful.  Bring back the black pants.

He's not overrated.  He's rated correctly as the world's best player.  Best offensive force in hockey post Lemieux.  World's best player doesn't mean you can win a Stanley Cup on a one-line team.  If he wins a Selke trophy this season, then I'll agree he's getting credit for things he shouldn't.  People are overreacting.  Edmonton was never making a deep run this season.  They're too reliant on one line and their powerplay.      

He's not the "world's best player", he just scores the most. That's what I'm saying. There's a reason the NHL has an award for the scoring title, and for the league MVP. McDavid deserves the latter, not the former. Draisaitl is a better player, probably the best in the world.

52 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

He's not the "world's best player", he just scores the most. That's what I'm saying. There's a reason the NHL has an award for the scoring title, and for the league MVP. McDavid deserves the latter, not the former. Draisaitl is a better player, probably the best in the world.

You're literally the only person who thinks that.  What else does Draisaitl do besides score?  Take faceoffs?  He's not exactly getting high Selke nominations.