BuT tHaT's NoT wHaT wE wAnT wItH 6OA

>2018
>Me: Zadina is gonna be a disappointment comparable to Hudler
>Everyone: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>2021
>Everyone: Zadina is gonna score less than Hudler, but that's okay
>Me: Wut?

Malik Translates Soderblom Interview

2. Who is your most difficult opponent in the SHL?

“Last year, Moritz Seider (of Rogle) was hard to play. I’m often around the goal and in the corners, and I met him a lot there and it was tough.”

4. What do you do in the bench press?

“I’ve gotten up to 137.5 kilos [303.13 pounds] this season.”

11. How were you at school?

“I wasn’t someone who stood out. I was pretty calm. I usually sat at the back of the class with the boys.”

Can bench your refrigerator and chills with the boys

Sign me up

Edited by bIueadams

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

>2018

>2021

^^ this is also what I'm finding... people are defending him while simultaneously lowing the bar for him... very odd, especially for the rare ones amongst us that were right from the start.

14 minutes ago, mackel said:

^^ this is also what I'm finding... people are defending him while simultaneously lowing the bar for him... very odd, especially for the rare ones amongst us that were right from the start.

No one wants to admit it, but the expectations for Zadina have certainly changed already.

If you have to lower expectations for him that's already in the realm of disappointment.

To be fair, Ras has been disappointing too.

6 hours ago, bIueadams said:

>2018

>2021

4 hours ago, mackel said:

Double Dutch Rudder

3 minutes ago, mackel said:

Is that a coherent comment?

The double dutch rudder is the process or action of two men standing facing each other, each with his right hand around his own penis, then they place their left hand on the elbow of their friends right elbow, then they simultaneously move the friends right elbow back/forth with their left hand causing the friend to masturbate.

It's universally accepted as not homosexual because you are only touching your friends elbow, but may be the most intimate non-*** act among two men as they are assisting in the ever beautiful act of masturbation.

2 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

The double dutch rudder is the process or action of two men standing facing each other, each with his right hand around his own penis, then they place their left hand on the elbow of their friends right elbow, then they simultaneously move the friends right elbow back/forth with their left hand causing the friend to masturbate.

It's universally accepted as not homosexual because you are only touching your friends elbow, but may be the most intimate non-*** act among two men as they are assisting in the ever beautiful act of masturbation.

I think @The 91 of Ryans should be disciplined for such a disgusting implication.

17 hours ago, bIueadams said:

No one wants to admit it, but the expectations for Zadina have certainly changed already.

If you have to lower expectations for him that's already in the realm of disappointment.

To be fair, Ras has been disappointing too.

It depends on what peoples expectations were at the time. Im not sure how high expectations were around these parts a few years ago but from what I seen nobody had Raymond pt/g level expectations. I think it was reasonable to think he would be a 50pt player and I still think thats a fairly reasonable expectation.

Ras has been much better lately to even being a year older I still expect 30pts out of him in a few yrs.

12 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

It depends on what peoples expectations were at the time. Im not sure how high expectations were around these parts a few years ago but from what I seen nobody had Raymond pt/g level expectations. I think it was reasonable to think he would be a 50pt player and I still think thats a fairly reasonable expectation.

Ras has been much better lately to even being a year older I still expect 30pts out of him in a few yrs.

Well I said Zadina = Hudler in 2018 and LGW and HF boards bout lost it on me...

And Hudler once scored 57 pts for this team...

So I'd say expectations for the majority of the fanbase were set a bit higher than a 40-50 pt winger.

Edited by bIueadams

9 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Well I said Zadina = Hudler in 2018 and LGW and HF boards bout lost it on me...

And Hudler once scored 57 pts for this team...

So I'd say expectations for the majority of the fanbase were set a bit higher than a 40-50 pt winger.

I think Hudlers a fair comp and if Zadina can be a consistent 45-55pt wing like Huds with better defensive metrics your happy with that at 6oa. Thats real good 2w production there.

2 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

I think Hudlers a fair comp and if Zadina can be a consistent 45-55pt wing like Huds with better defensive metrics your happy with that at 6oa. Thats real good 2w production there.

This. It seems expectations for Zadina were what Raymond is currently doing. Raymond is the exception, not the norm. Sure, there are a couple dmen taken after him that would have been great to have. But there are also a couple of players taken before him that Zadina has outproduced in every aspect of the game. And we got even better dmen after the fact anyway, so all is well.  

2 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

Hudler + more hustle isn't bad.

I don't think the problem is with Hudler's point totals though. No one liked Hudler because he was a passenger. Looked like a 30 pt player with Helm. 40 pt player with Filppula. 60 pt player with Datsyuk. And then ran off and scored 70 something with Johnny Hockey's line.

I think that's the most disappointing aspect of Zadina's game. He's not someone who drives the offense forward like Raymond does. Raymond we could probably pair with Ras and Erne, and Ras and Erne would see their point totals get a nice boost. Pair Zadina with them and we just watch Zadina's point totals drop because he doesn't have someone to feed him anymore.

30 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

I don't think the problem is with Hudler's point totals though. No one liked Hudler because he was a passenger. Looked like a 30 pt player with Helm. 40 pt player with Filppula. 60 pt player with Datsyuk. And then ran off and scored 70 something with Johnny Hockey's line.

I think that's the most disappointing aspect of Zadina's game. He's not someone who drives the offense forward like Raymond does. Raymond we could probably pair with Ras and Erne, and Ras and Erne would see their point totals get a nice boost. Pair Zadina with them and we just watch Zadina's point totals drop because he doesn't have someone to feed him anymore.

Raymond is the right handed version of Zadina.  We are lucky to have 2 good scorers.

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

True linedrivers are few and far between tho. Nobody should have expected Zadina to be that player. Like marcar said the Raymonds of the world are the exception not the norm in that 4-6oa range. Zadina is a damn fine player and should only get better.

5 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

True linedrivers are few and far between tho. Nobody should have expected Zadina to be that player. Like marcar said the Raymonds of the world are the exception not the norm in that 4-6oa range. Zadina is a damn fine player and should only get better.

When Vrana comes back, Zadina-Names-Vrana will be agood 2nd line.

12 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Raymond is the right handed version of Zadina.  We are lucky to have 2 good scorers.

HF that's the dumbest thing I've seen on this board in a long time. 

11 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

IMHO Zadina won't be a Red Wings to start next season... be that a prediction, hot take, gifted insight whatever... that's my prediction. 

On 11/26/2021 at 11:41 AM, redw1ngs said:

Guys drafted at 6th overall are expected to be that kind of player... I don't care what marcar says. This isn't Tatar or Nyquist that we pleasantly found out could contribute in the top 6. A 6th overall winger is expected to contribute heavily to the teams offense. Finding out he's a marginal middle 6er isnt good. IDK why this has to be explained. As soon as you can accept the disappointment, you can move past it. Red Wings fans in one breath admit Zadina has failed expectations.Then in the next breath argue he never should have had said expectations.

I didnt need Zadina to be Raymond. But I sure as hell expected him to be better than an 11 goal pace on his 3rd year in the league.

Zadina has not lived up to expectations. I dont think that's even debatable. But he is still an NHL regular with a middle six forward skill set. He is outperforming players drafted ahead of him, and his level of play is consistent with other players drafted at 6th overall. Can we move on from this pointless debate now?