• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

2024 TDL Thread

Rate this topic

Way to early - but if this s*** goes south we may not have another chance to discuss it - so whom do we buy at this years TDL?

Personally I would like to rape and pillage the Flames. They have a ton of options that could be longer term building blocks for us. More so than any other team at this point.

>Elias Lindholm
>Noah Hanafin
>Nikita Zadorov
>Chris Tanev

To DET: Lindholm + Hanafin
To CGY: Fabbri + Maata + McIsaac + 1st + 5th

4 minutes ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

To DET: Nylander + Liljegren

To TOR: LTIR player + bottom pair dman + career AHL dman + 32nd overall pick + throw-in pick

You are brain damaged if you think Shanny is trade with us, and you're full blown smooth brain if you think the player coming back isn't *john cena music plays* TYLER FUQQIN BERTUZZZZZZZZZZZZZI

Just now, bIueadams said:

I don't disagree honestly

Change that 5th to a 2nd?

Change that Fabbri to a Bergrren and that Maata to an Edvinsson maybe

any big dog deal with a bad team is going to c0st you a 1st + blue chip p + young roster guy with upside

Basic baseline. 

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Change that Fabbri to a Bergrren and that Maata to an Edvinsson maybe

any big dog deal with a bad team is going to c0st you a 1st + blue chip p + young roster guy with upside

Basic baseline. 

Meh I dont agree with this anymore. We've seen big players move for much less than the fan anticipated return. It will depend how much Calgary really wants to rebuild.

1st + 2nd + Berggren + Wallinder + whatever vets we dont need after this

9 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Meh I dont agree with this anymore. We've seen big players move for much less than the fan anticipated return. It will depend how much Calgary really wants to rebuild.

1st + 2nd + Berggren + Wallinder + whatever vets we dont need after this

1. name me a recent deal where "big players" went for less

2. LIndholm and Hannafin are actually two big players or at least 1.5 big players

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

1. name me a recent deal where "big players" went for less

2. LIndholm and Hannafin are actually two big players or at least 1.5 big players

we will be taking picks back at the TDL.  Kane is our acquisition.  This will leave Perron and Fabbri on the block.  We will take what we can get.

The price depends on the players. Do they want out? Is there places they want or don’t want to go to? Every other GM in the leage knows the players intentions. I think this is more of a factor now than it has been been historically. 

14 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Way to early - but if this s*** goes south we may not have another chance to discuss it - so whom do we buy at this years TDL?

Personally I would like to rape and pillage the Flames. They have a ton of options that could be longer term building blocks for us. More so than any other team at this point.

>Elias Lindholm
>Noah Hanafin
>Nikita Zadorov
>Chris Tanev

To DET: Lindholm + Hanafin
To CGY: Fabbri + Maata + McIsaac + 1st + 5th

I'd also be looking at stripping the bones of Vancouver and St. Louis as well. Keep an eye on them as their season plays out. If either team really struggles they're likely to start retooling sooner rather than later.

21 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I'd also be looking at stripping the bones of Vancouver and St. Louis as well. Keep an eye on them as their season plays out. If either team really struggles they're likely to start retooling sooner rather than later.

Don't forget Winnipeg, only 11k in attendence a couple of nights ago and fans seems unhappy. Might pressure management to rebuild. Even though,they just signed up Scheifele and Hellebuyck longterm, they might good trade pireces.

Go get Kyle Connor.

6 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Don't forget Winnipeg, only 11k in attendence a couple of nights ago and fans seems unhappy. Might pressure management to rebuild. Even though,they just signed up Scheifele and Hellebuyck longterm, they might good trade pireces.

Go get Kyle Connor.

Cat - Larkin - Kane

Connor - Danielson - Raymond 

Imagine those top 2 lines...

The curious case of Shayne Gostisbehere...

What do we do with this guy. He's really good. Like, good enough that he'd be a huge boost to a playoff team. Which obviously argues in favor of us keeping him for our playoff push. Or...argues in favor of us trading him to another contender and reaping the benefit of his stellar season.

If we could get this guy on a 3 year 4.5(ish) million dollar deal do we keep him? At this point I think he's clearly established himself as our 3rd best defender behind Walman and Seider. You need talent to win.

45 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

What do we do with this guy. He's really good. Like, good enough that he'd be a huge boost to a playoff team. Which obviously argues in favor of us keeping him for our playoff push. Or...argues in favor of us trading him to another contender and reaping the benefit of his stellar season.

If we could get this guy on a 3 year 4.5(ish) million dollar deal do we keep him? At this point I think he's clearly established himself as our 3rd best defender behind Walman and Seider. You need talent to win.

Keep everyone and push. Sign Ghost for your 3 year 4.5M/year deal BUT then you absolutely need do something with one of Maatta + Holl + Petry + Chiarot to make room for Edvinsson. Or you trade Edvinsson for a young top 6 forward if he's not part of the plan. Something's has to give obvisously, but I don't like the idea of losing Ghost's offence. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

35 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Keep everyone and push. Sign Ghost for your 3 year 4.5M/year deal BUT then you absolutely need do something with one of Maatta + Holl + Petry + Chiarot to make room for Edvinsson. Or you trade Edvinsson for a young top 6 forward if he's not part of the plan. Something's has to give obvisously, but I don't like the idea of losing Ghost's offence. 

I think Petry retires after the season and I think Maatta will get a long look at the deadline. Holl and Chiarot are pretty much locked in though, can't see anyone wanting those contracts.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

I think Petry retires after the season and I think Maatta will get a long look at the deadline. Holl and Chiarot are pretty much locked in though, can't see anyone wanting those contracts.

Petry isnt retiring after this season. He'll be 36 with 7.5 million left to earn on his contract.

1 minute ago, Troy McClure said:

Petry isnt retiring after this season. He'll be 36 with 7.5 million left to earn on his contract.

I guess we'll see. It's not all that uncommon an occurrence. Not too many veteran players are willing to ride the bus in the AHL like Ericsson did.

11 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Yes. We do not have any other legit 2nd pair guys. The benefit of having a solid 4 with him, Seider, Walman and Edvinsson, something we havent had since the Lidstrom days, is greater than the benefit gained from one extra draft pick.

27 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

Yes. We do not have any other legit 2nd pair guys. The benefit of having a solid 4 with him, Seider, Walman and Edvinsson, something we havent had since the Lidstrom days, is greater than the benefit gained from one extra draft pick.

Not that I disagree with you, but let's just say (hypothetically) the return is a 1st? I know it's unlikely, but do you trade him for a 1st?

14 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Assuming we're looking like a playoff team come deadline time and that he's still playing at more-or-less this same level...

...I think he's worth more to this team and the rebuild effort than a 1st. We're in the playoff picture right now because we're scoring goals, and he's a big reason we're scoring goals. He's been a godsend.