• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

2024 TDL Thread

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I remember Zadina being pissed about being left in the AHL

Remember how that pud complained that his linemates in the AHL weren't skilled enough to really maximize his talent? LOL

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Remember how that pud complained that his linemates in the AHL weren't skilled enough to really maximize his talent? LOL

That must be the problem in San Jose too. 

I really think he needs to be on McD and Draisaitl's wing to fully bloom 

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I remember u puds telling me he was fine in the AHL

52 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

I remember u puds telling me he was fine in the AHL

He was fine in the AHL. He was not fine in the NHL. I think he'd likely have failed either way, but more time in the AHL working on his game certainly wouldn't have hurt his chances any.

Edit: Also, you really need to stop being a butt sniffer. I say "pud" and then you say it 5 minutes later. Aren't you supposed to be the irritating oppositional guy? Not the "I'm desperate to fit in" guy? Being obnoxious is your higher calling, but not if you're just aping other people. You could be the Sam Kinison of internet trolls, but so far you're content being Carlos Mencia. Do better.

Edited by kipwinger

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

He was fine in the AHL. He was not fine in the NHL. I think he'd likely have failed either way, but more time in the AHL working on his game certainly wouldn't have hurt his chances any.

Edit: Also, you really need to stop being a butt sniffer. I say "pud" and then you say it 5 minutes later. Aren't you supposed to be the irritating oppositional guy? Not the "I'm desperate to fit in" guy? Being obnoxious is your higher calling, but not if you're just aping other people. You could be the Sam Kinison of internet trolls, but so far you're content being Carlos Mencia. Do better.

Okay pud

Dreger says Blues are likely to move Buchnevich. He's young and has term and Steve and Army are best friends...

And a side note... Friedman is speculating about a possible trade that would send Karlsson back to Ottawa lmao. Just speculation, but that would be hillarious. 

Article from Emily Kaplan this morning

>SY focused on making the playoffs

>was listening to offers for Perron, but now wants keep him, considering extending him as well

>still listening to offers for some of our Dmen

27 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

>was listening to offers for Perron, but now wants keep him, considering extending him as well

When perron stuck up for Larkin, I became a fan

1 hour ago, Troy McClure said:

David Perron will be 36 years old this year, I'd be for a 1 x $2,000,000 deal but not more.

17 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Dreger says Blues are likely to move Buchnevich. He's young and has term and Steve and Army are best friends...

And a side note... Friedman is speculating about a possible trade that would send Karlsson back to Ottawa lmao. Just speculation, but that would be hillarious. 

Buchnevich turns 29 in April. So he's just about 30 - with only one season left on his contract. I love the player, but I feel like Yzerman's not gonna spend major assets on a 28/29-year-old who isn't even guaranteed to stay past next season. Same thing with Vatrano. Though, Vatrano would probably be a bit cheaper.

Idk, maybe I'm wrong. Part of me hopes I am, because I do think we have a need for a top-six scoring winger, even with Kane being a point-per-game player.

3 hours ago, Dabura said:

Buchnevich turns 29 in April. So he's just about 30 - with only one season left on his contract. I love the player, but I feel like Yzerman's not gonna spend major assets on a 28/29-year-old who isn't even guaranteed to stay past next season. Same thing with Vatrano. Though, Vatrano would probably be a bit cheaper.

Idk, maybe I'm wrong. Part of me hopes I am, because I do think we have a need for a top-six scoring winger, even with Kane being a point-per-game player.

Danielson/Kasper.  I know they're centers, but they have to move somebody to play wing.

More and more I'm talking myself into liking a trade for Alex Wennberg. Lalonde says he wants better forechecking in the top six. So trade for Wennberg and put him between Sprong and Perron on the fourth. Move Veleno to the first with Larkin and Dcat, and Raymond to the second with Kane and Compher.

Edited by kipwinger

4 hours ago, kipwinger said:

More and more I'm talking myself into liking a trade for Alex Wennberg. Lalonde says he wants better forechecking in the top six. So trade for Wennberg and put him between Sprong and Perron on the fourth. Move Veleno to the first with Larkin and Dcat, and Raymond to the second with Kane and Compher.

It works for me, Make us much tougher then we already are, Would love me some Wennberg.

7 minutes ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Yup he basically has said, That he wants to play out his career with DeBrincat. I could see him getting a 3 x $5,000,000 offer.

Would love to see Kane take a team friendly 3x3.33 deal.  Steve handshake him a 10 year offensive assistant position after.

13 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Danielson/Kasper.  I know they're centers, but they have to move somebody to play wing.

Sure, but I mean a 30-goal scorer right here, right now. Add Guentzel/Buchnevich to the top line or Vatrano to the 2nd line and this team becomes terrifying.

12 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Yeah, I think a guy like Wennberg makes a lot of sense. I've gotta think at bare minimum we're adding a player like that, given what Lalonde has said.

I'll be disappointed if Rasmussen or Veleno is in our top six after the deadline. I get the idea of having a utility/complementary guy there, but I wanna double down on goal scoring. Gimme Wennberg AND a scorer.

Wenneberg has an expiring contract. I don't see Yzerman trading assets for a pending UFA unless he fits the mold of being a core piece. At 29, not sure he's worth an extension. But hey, let Yzerman be Yzerman. My top target is Andersson, if not then Chychrun. Hanifin will just be too expensive to extend, IMO. Chychrun fits the core rebuild better at 25, but it's not like Andersson is old at 27 either. Those two are my "fingers crossed" we get one of them guys. Up front I'm kinda up in the air about. We have lots of fire power, do we just try to bolster bottom 6? Do we acquire Vatrano? He's 29, like Wenneberg, but still has some term left. Plus Verbeek may be easier to deal with. Either way, I don't Yzerman losing a trade though. 

Also, do we ride Lyon into the playoffs and hope he continues his good year? 

22 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Wenneberg has an expiring contract. I don't see Yzerman trading assets for a pending UFA unless he fits the mold of being a core piece. At 29, not sure he's worth an extension. But hey, let Yzerman be Yzerman. My top target is Andersson, if not then Chychrun. Hanifin will just be too expensive to extend, IMO. Chychrun fits the core rebuild better at 25, but it's not like Andersson is old at 27 either. Those two are my "fingers crossed" we get one of them guys. Up front I'm kinda up in the air about. We have lots of fire power, do we just try to bolster bottom 6? Do we acquire Vatrano? He's 29, like Wenneberg, but still has some term left. Plus Verbeek may be easier to deal with. Either way, I don't Yzerman losing a trade though. 

Fleury has to be got

10 hours ago, Dabura said:

Yeah, I think a guy like Wennberg makes a lot of sense. I've gotta think at bare minimum we're adding a player like that, given what Lalonde has said.

I'll be disappointed if Rasmussen or Veleno is in our top six after the deadline. I get the idea of having a utility/complementary guy there, but I wanna double down on goal scoring. Gimme Wennberg AND a scorer.

I liked our top six a lot yesterday. If Kane, Debrincat, and Raymond are your other top six wingers then one of Ras or Veleno isn't too much of a problem IMO. I mean, it's not like the team isn't scoring. I really like Guentzel and Buchnevich, but I'm concerned about the price tag. Maybe if we could nab a budget guy like Pacioretty or something. Otherwise I think I've talked myself into just adding a depth center and flexing Veleno to the wing (or even someone Wennberg to the wing for that matter).

27 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I've been a big fan of Andersson for a year or so now, and I absolutely DO think they'll trade him. Calgary is about to move into a rebuild and he's too old to be part of their next core. But it's a tricky situation to handle. Because he's under contract they can trade him at any of the next three deadlines. They'll get a higher return the earlier they trade him, but if they're only willing to move him at the deadline (instead of the offseason) there's really only a handful of teams that could acquire him and the returns will be muted (late first rounders at best). I think it makes more sense to trade him in the offseason when more teams will be interested, and if you move him to a team on the uptick (like Ottawa with Chychrun) you're likely to get a better first round pick than what a playoff team would give you.

As for Lyon, I agree this is also tricky. We seem to have caught lightening in a bottle here. He's not the best goalie in the world, but he's the right guy for our team right now. And our team is REALLY coming together and playing for each other. I wouldn't want to mess that up by bringing in a starter. I like the idea of a backup but then we'd have 4 goalies. We can easily waive Reimer, but we'd have to put Husso on LTIR for the remainder of the regular season. Otherwise we'd have A LOT of our cap wrapped up in goalies. I'd almost rather just go with Lyon and Reimer, give Husso plenty of time to take his time and get healthy, and then have Husso as the backup in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I liked our top six a lot yesterday. If Kane, Debrincat, and Raymond are your other top six wingers then one of Ras or Veleno isn't too much of a problem IMO. I mean, it's not like the team isn't scoring. I really like Guentzel and Buchnevich, but I'm concerned about the price tag. Maybe if we could nab a budget guy like Pacioretty or something. Otherwise I think I've talked myself into just adding a depth center and flexing Veleno to the wing (or even someone Wennberg to the wing for that matter).

I've been a big fan of Andersson for a year or so now, and I absolutely DO think they'll trade him. Calgary is about to move into a rebuild and he's too old to be part of their next core. But it's a tricky situation to handle. Because he's under contract they can trade him at any of the next three deadlines. They'll get a higher return the earlier they trade him, but if they're only willing to move him at the deadline (instead of the offseason) there's really only a handful of teams that could acquire him and the returns will be muted (late first rounders at best). I think it makes more sense to trade him in the offseason when more teams will be interested, and if you move him to a team on the uptick (like Ottawa with Chychrun) you're likely to get a better first round pick than what a playoff team would give you.

As for Lyon, I agree this is also tricky. We seem to have caught lightening in a bottle here. He's not the best goalie in the world, but he's the right guy for our team right now. And our team is REALLY coming together and playing for each other. I wouldn't want to mess that up by bringing in a starter. I like the idea of a backup but then we'd have 4 goalies. We can easily waive Reimer, but we'd have to put Husso on LTIR for the remainder of the regular season. Otherwise we'd have A LOT of our cap wrapped up in goalies. I'd almost rather just go with Lyon and Reimer, give Husso plenty of time to take his time and get healthy, and then have Husso as the backup in the playoffs.

Husso + 2nd for Fleury