• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

2024 TDL Thread

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

I feel like you guys don't take the red wings seriously anymore and im pretty just PO'ed about it, c'mon

Chelios Chelios Chelios
Chelios Chelios Chelios
Chelios Chelios Chelios
Chelios Chelios Chelios
(Chelios, Chelios)

Chelios Chelios
Chelios Lebda
Chelios Chelios
(Chelios)

Chelios
(Chelios)

10 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Chelios Chelios Chelios
Chelios Chelios Chelios
Chelios Chelios Chelios
Chelios Chelios Chelios
(Chelios, Chelios)

Chelios Chelios
Chelios Lebda
Chelios Chelios
(Chelios)

Chelios
(Chelios)

Someone is overly prepared for Sunday

11 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Dreger saying Dallas, Wings, Jersey are in on Tanev. Detroit's looking at D.

Chris Johnston saying Hanifin will go to an American team. 

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/insider-trading-noah-hanifin-expected-to-be-dealt-south-of-the-border-1.2078826

I guess I'm not surprised. We need RHD more than we do LHD. Tanev is just a pure rental thou... hoping the price is low.

I read oilers and leafs refused to offer their 1st for him.

29 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

2015 Tampa were a bubble team nearing TDL but Yzerman threw them a bone and traded for Coburn. They went to the finals 

Coburn also score the game 7 winner vs Wings in 16. So f*** him really and my story. 

Conburn also stayed for 5+ more years and became a burden for them about half way into that

FB_IMG_1708522024021.thumb.jpg.9fde3f866696c1c773ca37a2a7ac659e.jpg

This is why I don't see a rental coming here. Tanev just doesn't make sense at this time, but Chychrun or Hanifin does. I'm still adding Andersson in there, although I never hear his name out there as a trade target. Again, G's are different. Markstrom wouldn't be a rental with 2 years left, but he probably won't be part of a nucleus either. He would be a great goalie to have while we wait and see where Cossa and Augustine top out.

My D choices in order are Andersson(if available,) then Chychrun, then Hanifin IF he'll re-sign. No thanks to Tanev.

Edited by LeftWinger

54 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

This is why I don't see a rental coming here. Tanev just doesn't make sense at this time, but Chychrun or Hanifin does. I'm still adding Andersson in there, although I never hear his name out there as a trade target. Again, G's are different. Markstrom wouldn't be a rental with 2 years left, but he probably won't be part of a nucleus either. He would be a great goalie to have while we wait and see where Cossa and Augustine top out.

My D choices in order are Andersson(if available,) then Chychrun, then Hanifin IF he'll re-sign. No thanks to Tanev.

I agree with you on Tanev. SY aint giving up assets for pure rentals, unless its beyond cheap.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Agreed.  There is something about this year that tells me we're going to the Conference Finals anyways.  I don't think we're as far away from being a competitive playoff team as everybody thinks.  Our second pairing is absolutely KILLING us against the best competition in the league, but we're only 2-3 young, good rookies replacing 2-3 old, bad stop gap guys away from being a really quick team.

I guess we have to ask ourselves then if we trade Berggren for a top 4 D, are we taking a bigger step forward in the NHL, or are we taking a bigger step back when it comes to prospects. 

Chychrun being 25 definitely becomes one of our core players, but is there enough fwd prospects to make up for the potential loss of Berggren? 

13 hours ago, Dabura said:

Chelios Chelios Chelios
Chelios Chelios Chelios
Chelios Chelios Chelios
Chelios Chelios Chelios
(Chelios, Chelios)

Chelios Chelios
Chelios Lebda
Chelios Chelios
(Chelios)

Chelios
(Chelios)

14 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

I feel like you guys don't take the red wings seriously anymore and im pretty just PO'ed about it, c'mon

All Work And No Play Makes Chris Chelios A Dull Boy...All Work And No Play Makes Chris Chelios A Dull Boy...All Work And No Play Makes Chris Chelios A Dull Boy...All Work And No Play Makes Chris Chelios A Dull Boy...All Work And No Play Makes Chris Chelios A Dull Boy...All Work And No Play Makes Chris Chelios A Dull Boy...

All Work And No Play Makes Chris Chelios A Dull Boy...All Work And No Play Makes Chris Chelios A Dull Boy...All Work And No Play Makes Chris Chelios A Dull Boy...

All Work And No Play Makes Chris Chelios A Dull Boy...All Work And No Play Makes Chris Chelios A Dull Boy...All Work And No Play Makes Chris Chelios A Dull Boy...All Work And No Play Makes Chris Chelios A Dull Boy...All Work And No Play Makes Chris Chelios A Dull Boy...All Work And No Play Makes Chris Chelios A Dull Boy...All Work And No Play Makes Chris Chelios A Dull Boy...All Work And No Play Makes Chris Chelios A Dull Boy...All Work And No Play Makes Chris Chelios A Dull Boy...

All Work And No Play Makes Chris Chelios A Dull Boy...

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Meh, I'm Luke warm on Tanev.

If we were guaranteed a spot in the playoffs and Tanev was a depth signing then I'd be all over it, but it's not 2010 anymore :confused:

34 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I guess we have to ask ourselves then if we trade Berggren for a top 4 D, are we taking a bigger step forward in the NHL, or are we taking a bigger step back when it comes to prospects.

Chychrun being 25 definitely becomes one of our core players, but is there enough fwd prospects to make up for the potential loss of Berggren? 

Yes and yes.

We're certainly better - however it's not because of our young players Holland/Yzerman drafted - it's the 'Misfit Toys' that had been signed, or traded for these past few summers.

It's a rather unique rebuild, but the results are there.

Just now, Motor City Mullets said:

If we were guaranteed a spot in the playoffs and Tanev was a depth signing then I'd be all over it, but it's not 2010 anymore :confused:

Yes and yes.

We're certainly better - however it's not because of our young players Holland/Yzerman drafted - it's the 'Misfit Toys' that had been signed, or traded for these past few summers.

It's a rather unique rebuild, but the results are there.

You eat those shrooms?

Take Seider, Raymond, and to a lesser extend Rasmussen off this team and they are bottom 5- 8 in the league. 

1 hour ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Agreed.  There is something about this year that tells me we're going to the Conference Finals anyways.  I don't think we're as far away from being a competitive playoff team as everybody thinks.  Our second pairing is absolutely KILLING us against the best competition in the league, but we're only 2-3 young, good rookies replacing 2-3 old, bad stop gap guys away from being a really quick team.

What's rather unusual/perplexing is how we're winning games when the Wings are being outshot and/or outplayed...I'm not gonna complain about it too much because at the end of the game the Wings have won more than they lost and at this rate there's a damn good chance of finishing in a Wild Card spot.

7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Take Seider, Raymond, and to a lesser extend Rasmussen off this team and they are bottom 5- 8 in the league. 

Those same players were there last season and look where the Wings finished...This team is doing things by committee - Sprong, Compher, Kane, DeBrincat, Ghost say 'hi' ...If any one player stands out - to me it's Lyon.

7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You eat those shrooms?

Yessss!

Feels good man

Edited by Motor City Mullets

I'd flip a 2nd and depth prospect (Cross Hanas) for Chris Tanev. Why not? He's not going to command a 1st and the value of a 2nd (in terms of moving our rebuild forward) is pretty minimal. I think Chiarot-Tanev would be a pretty tough 2nd pair to deal with.

10 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Trading Berggren still makes no sense to me. The kid has proven he can score. We have a need for scoring in the top 6 as Kane, Perron, and Fabbri wont be around forever. And we have plenty of D prospects to fill the roster for years to come. Make it make sense.

7 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I'd flip a 2nd and depth prospect (Cross Hanas) for Chris Tanev. Why not? He's not going to command a 1st and the value of a 2nd (in terms of moving our rebuild forward) is pretty minimal. I think Chiarot-Tanev would be a pretty tough 2nd pair to deal with.

I was thinking the exact same thing 2024 2nd and Hanas for Chris Tanev at 3 x $3,500,000 he'd be solid 2nd pairing RHD for us until ASP is ready.