• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Patrick Kane IS a Detroit Red Wing

Rate this topic

For some reason when I put in the links from youtube for Steviey's presser and Kane's pressers it won't let me post. Claims there is an emoji. WTF 

Anyways if you got to youtube both pressers interesting 

but this one posts...

Edited by AtlantaHotWings
added info

7 hours ago, marcaractac said:

I don't read that as him not getting respect at all, but rather the locker room lacks respect in general. Two very different things. My guess is whatever is being reported on here stems from whatever the Perry incident is. 

Yeah, I read it that way too.

Apparently Stevie flew to Tronna to personally evaluate Kane and meet with him face to face. And that was one of the reasons Kane signed. 

Stevie on evaluation of Kanes surgery: "I am on tonight, you know that his hips do not lie, and I am starting to feel this is right. The attraction. The tension. Do you not see that this is perfection?"

All the Detroit media outlets are talking about "the best part of Kane coming to the Red Wings is that he chose us", and I think it's the weakest sh*t ever. What are media for if not to pump the team's tires? I hate Boston's Jack Edwards with the intensity of a helicopter fight but at least he will go to comedic lengths to prop up the Bruins. We got nobody in Detroit sports media willing to go on the record saying Kane joined the Red Wings because he recognized a rocket about to head to the moon.

Losers, with a loser mentality. They all went to the Mitch Albom school of "Sports only matter if they make you think of your dead dog/grandpa" journalism.

Kane chose the Red Wings because the Red Wings are awesome. And the Red Wings are awesome because David Perron and Ben Chiarot saved this franchise. You heard it here first.

Edited by kipwinger

26 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

All the Detroit media outlets are talking about "the best part of Kane coming to the Red Wings is that he chose us", and I think it's the weakest sh*t ever. What are media for if not to pump the team's tires? I hate Boston's Jack Edwards with the intensity of a helicopter fight but at least he will go to comedic lengths to prop up the Bruins. We got nobody in Detroit sports media willing to go on the record saying Kane joined the Red Wings because he recognized a rocket about to head to the moon.

Losers, with a loser mentality. They all went to the Mitch Albom school of "Sports only matter if they make you think of your dead dog/grandpa" journalism.

Kane chose the Red Wings because the Red Wings are awesome. And the Red Wings are awesome because David Perron and Ben Chiarot saved this franchise. You heard it here first.

I was with you till end man

Maybe I'm being a nerd about this, but I really wish I knew a little more about Kane's hip procedure. We've all heard that many other players (most recently Backstom) have had the surgery and were unable to resume playing shortly thereafter. Sounds like this procedure was done a little differently according to Yzerman's interview with Mick the other night. I wonder if Kane's hip was in better shape overall BEFORE the procedure? Like, was his injury less severe than Backstrom's to begin with? And that's why they were able to do the procedure differently? I'm just curious why they might anticipate a different outcome? Or maybe the fact that he signed for 2.75 million means they DON'T expect a different outcome.

11 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Fiiiiiiiine, you can add Copp too 

Compher is the correct answer 

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Maybe I'm being a nerd about this, but I really wish I knew a little more about Kane's hip procedure. We've all heard that many other players (most recently Backstom) have had the surgery and were unable to resume playing shortly thereafter. Sounds like this procedure was done a little differently according to Yzerman's interview with Mick the other night. I wonder if Kane's hip was in better shape overall BEFORE the procedure? Like, was his injury less severe than Backstrom's to begin with? And that's why they were able to do the procedure differently? I'm just curious why they might anticipate a different outcome? Or maybe the fact that he signed for 2.75 million means they DON'T expect a different outcome.

Well Mickey asked him straight up about the one year deal and Yzerman said it’s because of the uncertainty but in a separate interview said that they’re very optimistic he can return to his 21-22 form which was a 92 point season for him. 

6 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Compher is the correct answer 

Well Mickey asked him straight up about the one year deal and Yzerman said it’s because of the uncertainty but in a separate interview said that they’re very optimistic he can return to his 21-22 form which was a 92 point season for him. 

Compher is new, we were already getting good last year before JT came on board. Remember, we won seven games in a row and were sitting in a playoff spot? Much as I love what Compher has brought to the table he and Sprong and Gostisbehere and Kane are the Johnny-Come-Latelys of the team. Perron and Chiarot and Copp were the dudes that bought in early and provided a little leadership and swagger (in the case of DP). Perron genuinely reminds me of Shoresy. Talks trash all game, pretty dirty, lets the goons do his fighting for him. Love that guy.

As far as the bolded, that's what I'm driving at. Given how unsuccessful so many players have been after having this surgery what makes the team optimistic it'll be different for Kane? Just wishful thinking or was his situation not as bad? I know they'll never say, but I wish I knew.