• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

10/28 GDT: Red Wings 3, Canucks 2

Rate this topic

Go wings GO!

i might have to order the PPV to watch this. Since the game is soldout here in vancouver and it dont really wanna hit the sports bar to watch it, as i'll be the only wings fan there..lol

Guest Canadian Wings

Kronwall day-to-day with groin injury; Meech in tonight

Defenseman Niklas Kronwall didn't skate Sunday morning at GM Place, and will miss tonight's game because of a groin injury suffered Friday.

Mike Babcock said Derek Meech, who hasn't been in the lineup yet this season, will sub in for Kronwall. Meech will be partnered with Chris Chelios.

Johan Franzen (mcl) said he is ready to play Tuesday, and Dallas Drake (fractured cheekbone) is also ready to return. When those two do return to the lineup, the Wings will have to make changes to the roster to make room.

It's possible the team will put Dominik Hasek (hip) on IR - Hasek hasn't practiced now for three straight days, so it's unlikely he'll be in before the end of the week at the earliest.

Kronwall said he hopes to return to the ice Monday. Asked if the injury was serious, he replied with a firm "absolutely not."

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...8008/1053/rss17

Kronwall has minor groin injury; Meech to make season debut

by Ansar Khan

Sunday October 28, 2007, 4:10 PM

Update from the morning skate in Vancouver: Niklas Kronwall has a sore groin and won't play tonight against the Canucks, but it's nothing significant, coach Mike Babcock said. Babcock said Kronwall would have been able to play had it been a playoff game and he'll likely practice Monday and play Tuesday in Edmonton.

He'll be replaced by Derek Meech, who'll make his season debut. Meech will be paired with Chris Chelios. Brett Lebda will replace Kronwall as Andreas Lilja's partner.

Other than that, the lineup remains the same from Friday's game. Dallas Drake has been cleared to play but, for now, has slipped below Matt Ellis and Aaron Downey in the pecking order. Johan Franzen (sprained knee) said he will be ready to play Tuesday. If so, the Wings will need to clear a roster spot. They can put Dominik Hasek on injured reserve, retroactive to last Wednesday, or they can send Jimmy Howard back to Grand Rapids, if Hasek is ready to go.

Chances are, Hasek (irritated hip) won't be ready for Tuesday, since he didn't skate on Sunday. There's no need to rush him back and they'll surely want to have him practice a couple of times before he plays.

Edited by Heaton

Oh boy, McGeough is one of the officials tonight.

Referees: Michael McGeough, Steve Kozari

Linesmen: Brian Mach, Mark Shewchyk

Be prepared for the McGeough no goal signal, after Homer gets called for goaltender interference.

Edited by aflac9262

I don't see Zetterberg slowing down with at least a point every game. Hopefully the game is completely one-sided this time in terms of scoring like the shots on goal was the last time. Almost going to overtime when we've shot more than twice as many times is ridiculous. Hopefully we can beat Luongo more this time.

Oh boy, McGeough is one of the officials tonight.

Referees: Michael McGeough, Steve Kozari

Linesmen: Brian Mach, Mark Shewchyk

Be prepared for the McGeough no goal signal, after Homer gets called for goaltender interference.

Is it just me, or does guy really hate the wings? Maybe just his job. Maybe he could be an aerobics instructor, you know, so he can wave his arms out in the no goal, format....

edit (sp)

Edited by CdnWingsFanEh

A shutout would be awesome !

Why not, Oz ?

You're in great shape buddy !!

Shut 'em down !!

2-0 Wings

hi, E! :)

Not gonna say the S-word thing but I am rooting for the Ozzinator tonight. I hate the Sedins - make 'em cry, Ozzie!!

:crazy: I still miss Jiri, don't you?

Dallas Drake has been cleared to play but, for now, has slipped below Matt Ellis and Aaron Downey in the pecking order.

As it should be... glad Babcock sees it this way.

hi, E! :)

Not gonna say the S-word thing but I am rooting for the Ozzinator tonight. I hate the Sedins - make 'em cry, Ozzie!!

:crazy: I still miss Jiri, don't you?

Jiri would know how to handle those two Swedish redheads !!!

(Although Downer probably knows too...) :)

I do miss him, Loo !