• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Skiing - Puck

Avery breaks off contract talks with Rangers

Rate this topic

As much as many of you hate Avery, I would like to see him back as a wing. There is something to be said for having an agitator in your line up and he is one of the best in the game. He is looking for a multi-year deal worth more than $2.5-million.

Avery breaks off contract talks with Rangers Article

His best season he chipped in 18 goals and 30 assists for 48 points in 84 (yes, 84) games split between the Kings and Rangers. TSN has him projected to reach 35 points in 57 games this year. I realize scoring is only half of what he brings to the table, but I'd say that puts him right AT 2.5 a year. Maybe 3 if you're feeling generous. However, one must remember that he's somewhat cancerous to a locker room. That alone makes it a gamble at any price. If he'll take a 3 year deal at 2.75 WITHOUT a no trade clause, I'd pull the trigger as armchair GM. If not, so be it. You can always ship him out if he's causing trouble, even if you don't get a huge return on him, you brought him in as a UFA anyway, and he just might add that little bit of extra bite so many of us would like to see on the team. We want secondary scoring after all, and between 40-50 points are decent secondary numbers, particularly for a guy who spends so much time in the box.

okay avery to me is not a dirty player and the one i thing i like about him is that at least he will drop the mitts with someone after he beaks them and at least he doesnt wear a visor.

saying that i think he is an absolute embarassment to the game and i would be livid if that piece of garbage signed with the wings. 2.5 million is absurd and he wont get that from anyone. an agitator is one thing but the stuff he says about peoples families is unreal and i dont care if he denies it because there have been so many allegations against him about that stuff that at least some of them have to be true.

His best season he chipped in 18 goals and 30 assists for 48 points in 84 (yes, 84) games split between the Kings and Rangers. TSN has him projected to reach 35 points in 57 games this year. I realize scoring is only half of what he brings to the table, but I'd say that puts him right AT 2.5 a year. Maybe 3 if you're feeling generous. However, one must remember that he's somewhat cancerous to a locker room. That alone makes it a gamble at any price. If he'll take a 3 year deal at 2.75 WITHOUT a no trade clause, I'd pull the trigger as armchair GM. If not, so be it. You can always ship him out if he's causing trouble, even if you don't get a huge return on him, you brought him in as a UFA anyway, and he just might add that little bit of extra bite so many of us would like to see on the team. We want secondary scoring after all, and between 40-50 points are decent secondary numbers, particularly for a guy who spends so much time in the box.

he has so many points because he plays alot of PP with jagr. he certainly wouldnt be on a line with someone like that here in detroit. saying he is a cancer is an understatement.

Why did we let him go the first time?? I thought it was because he was alittle to hot to handle (as a team member) and didnt fit well with our mature, experienced roster.

Avery is exactly what this team needs!

...On the ice that is, but in the locker room :unsure: ...I don't think so.

I would agree that we could use him on the ice THIS YEAR, but that isnt going to happen... Next year, I dont think he would work out off the ice withour guys.