• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hockeysattva

Would you want Crosby on the Wings?

Rate this topic

Only long enough to come up with the best trade package to get rid of him. Great player, I just don't like anything about him. I'd rather have his value in trade assets than see him skate around with pubes glued to his face.

So flip him to LA for Kopitar and Doughty/Johnson.

Or to SJ for Vlasic and Setoguchi.

Or to Atlanta for Kovalchuk and Bogosian.

Or to Chicago for Kane and Keith.

Etc...

Only long enough to come up with the best trade package to get rid of him. Great player, I just don't like anything about him. I'd rather have his value in trade assets than see him skate around with pubes glued to his face.

So flip him to LA for Kopitar and Doughty/Johnson.

Or to SJ for Vlasic and Setoguchi.

Or to Atlanta for Kovalchuk and Bogosian.

Or to Chicago for Kane and Keith.

Etc...

That one works good!

It would all depend on one VERY important thing ... who's basement would he live in??

The question was "Crosby or Hossa", so I'd have to guess Kopecky's.

It's really a tough call. For the same price, I'd almost be tempted to go with Crosby for his offensive skill, but Hossa has shown that he can fit in with this team, work hard every night, and get the job done.

It's a known (Hossa) vs an unknown (Crosby) as far as how he would fit in. We know Hossa does. If Sid would fit in as well as Hossa does, I'd go with Sid. If Sid could move to a wing, that would be a point in his favour.

I think Sid's attitude would improve and he would mature greatly with role models like Lids and Hank and Pav around him. I don't think that we would be seeing the whining poster-boy because he would not be wearing a letter, and so would not be in a position to be whining on the ice to the refs. No matter where he plays, I think this will come to him with time and experience anyway.

He could also learn the 2-way game from Dats and Z here. It took time for even the great Yzerman to buy into that, and he passed that on to our Selke boys. I think that with the veteran leadership the Wings would provide, Crosby would have a greater future here than he will on a team like the Pens where he is the leadership.

He has a lot going for him. So does Hossa. Over all, I'd give Crosby the edge for the potential I feel he could reach with the Wings organization.

I like Hossa better, but that and a buck will buy you a generic soda.

As you can tell, I'm vascilating on this. Good thing it's not my call to make.

I want to say no, but then I would be a stupid hockey fan. I would not be thinking clearly enough to consider myself intelligently. Plus one of the reasons I dislike him is the love affair between him and Bettman, which would end abruptly upon his signing with the Wings.

I want to say no, but then I would be a stupid hockey fan. I would not be thinking clearly enough to consider myself intelligently. Plus one of the reasons I dislike him is the love affair between him and Bettman, which would end abruptly upon his signing with the Wings.

On the contrary: Crosby would be sitting mighty pretty with the Wings. If anything, that'd make Gary's job easier.

OK lol, I just joined the forum only because of this question, usually I just read the forum but this made me join. First and foremost I shall say NEVER in a million years would I want Sid The Kid on my team ( on top of that bettman would all of the sudden love the Red Wings, and would claim we are a model franchise)... He is the biggest baby ever and is supposed to be the savior of the NHL, I can not stand him nor his style of play (which is whine till I win). Sure he is good but he is only as good as the people around him. Sure he has a lot of points, but that's all from assist (Even though his points are similar to Datsyuk's, datsyuk is just another level, which crosby can not compare to him). I wish goals were more important then assists.I wish the NHL adopted a point system that I made up. 2 points per goal and 1 point per goal. Then I feel like the best players would really be shown off for the most important thing which is goals! haha it may be crazy but I would like it more. I may be biased because im slovak, but HOSSA ALL DAY :)

I'm not saying that Crosby would fit on our team, but you sir no nothing about hockey.

It's really a tough call. For the same price, I'd almost be tempted to go with Crosby for his offensive skill, but Hossa has shown that he can fit in with this team, work hard every night, and get the job done.

It's a known (Hossa) vs an unknown (Crosby) as far as how he would fit in. We know Hossa does. If Sid would fit in as well as Hossa does, I'd go with Sid. If Sid could move to a wing, that would be a point in his favour.

I think Sid's attitude would improve and he would mature greatly with role models like Lids and Hank and Pav around him. I don't think that we would be seeing the whining poster-boy because he would not be wearing a letter, and so would not be in a position to be whining on the ice to the refs. No matter where he plays, I think this will come to him with time and experience anyway.

He could also learn the 2-way game from Dats and Z here. It took time for even the great Yzerman to buy into that, and he passed that on to our Selke boys. I think that with the veteran leadership the Wings would provide, Crosby would have a greater future here than he will on a team like the Pens where he is the leadership.

He has a lot going for him. So does Hossa. Over all, I'd give Crosby the edge for the potential I feel he could reach with the Wings organization.

....and you know what your talking about :D

He could also learn the 2-way game from Dats and Z here. It took time for even the great Yzerman to buy into that, and he passed that on to our Selke boys.

In all fairness, Zetterberg was already a great defensive player before he came over here. As a centerman growing up in Sweden, that's something that you learn very early. Also, I think Z had a great influence on the growth of Pav's defensive game.

So, no, Yzerman didn't exactly pass it on to them, but it was his commitment to defense that inspired Kenny and Co to look for players like Zetterberg.

Crosby's maturity level will come with age and experience, he is only 22 after-all.

I think he would fit into the Wings organization pretty well. When Crosby's career is over, I hope his name and Datsyuk's are mentioned in the same sentence (as in similarities).

This.

I was thinking the same exact thing. In Detroit, Sid would flourish. Not that he's not doing well as is... but wearing a winged wheel would be nothing but good for him.

He would have to go to boot camp or something before joining the team though. He would need to be broken down mentally and rebuilt. Kinda like what Bowman did to Stevie.

1. He would not be as good with the Wings as he is with the Pens. Yes he puts up more points than Datsyuk, Hossa, or Zetterberg, but he gets more ice time than they do. If Crosby played for the Wings, his ice time would be cut short and he wouldn't put up as many points.

The kid has played with scrubs his entire career thus far, except for a couple weeks that he had with Hossa. Could you even fathom Crosby playing with a Datsyuk or a Zetterberg, instead of a Talbot, Armstrong, Dupuis, Christensen, Kennedy, (*insert 3rd or 4th liner name here) ?

2. Also, unlike Dats and Z, Crosby does not have a special way of making everyone around him better. This season everyone was talking about how he was having trouble "meshing" with his wingers. How do we know he could "mesh" with ours?

How do you turn a 4th liner into a top line sniper? Fairy dust cannot even do that.

By mesh they mean, keep up with him.

Would I like Crosby as a Red Wing? Generally speaking, yes. More specifically, probably if the Red Wings were still the Dead Things.

Would I trade anything we've witness in this era for a Crosby in a Red Wing jersey era? Hell no.

I absolutely love this era we're in right now and I wouldn't trade them for any other present-day era just because they appear to have "more excitement." Youth movements are exciting if you have names like Crosby and Malkin or Toews and Kane, but with youth comes A LOT of losing and learning and a lot of "paying dues" that this Wings era has done already to become a championship contender on a yearly basis. It's incredibly hard to get a franchise to that special level, and if you have it, you should grab onto it and not take it for granted.

Are Wings fans jealous that the Pens have such a uber-star in Crosby? Sure. But are Pens fans and Hawks fans jealous of 4 cups in 11 years? Well, what do you think?

The kid has played with scrubs his entire career thus far, except for a couple weeks that he had with Hossa. Could you even fathom Crosby playing with a Datsyuk or a Zetterberg, instead of a Talbot, Armstrong, Dupuis, Christensen, Kennedy, (*insert 3rd or 4th liner name here)

I can't watch the Pens are a regular basis but from what I've seen I think Kunitz is a long-term keeper on Crosby's wing.

In a perfect world without a salary cap and you could just have anybody you want, without question I'd like Crosby on the Wings. Say what you want about him whining or being a Gary Bettman's lap dog, the guy produces on the ice, and very well.

I can't watch the Pens are a regular basis but from what I've seen I think Kunitz is a long-term keeper on Crosby's wing.

Kunitz has played marvelous since coming here. Hell, even Bill Guerin has played pretty well, but I think Kunitz will be the only one coming back. Our top line has looked pretty well this playoff run, but our second line is absolutely a nightmare. Malkin mine as well be the only one out there. Sykora is M.I.A, Fedotenko is good for one goal a series, and now they're trying Satan there (fresh off a Wilkes-Barre/Scranton call up). I hope this gets addressed this off season.

I'm hoping Tangradi cracks the line-up for next season. He would be a great addition to Malkin's line. Malkin had 47 goals playing with Malone, and supposedly Tangradi is supposed to be folds above Malone in terms of the definition of a power forward.

This isn't the year, but next year might be a different story. Shero waiting so long for Hossa to sign screwed us over so bad this year. We essentially had to take who was left on the table that nobody else wanted in terms of Satan and Fedotenko. I look for this off season to be huge for us in terms of some qualified wingers. Next year just might be our year.

f*** NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hossa > crosby all day. our team is mad of men of steel not little ******* in pink to-tows!!!!