• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

Bertuzzi feeling good

Rate this topic

Overall not much news, but this is the second article that I have read that suggests that Bertuzzi really picked up his health this offseason (the other had something along the lines of the Wings brass being impressed with Bertuzzi's condition upon taking his physical). I'm not going to get blindly optimistic that he's going to put up a 60 goal season or anything, but I'm still excited to see what he can bring with a full season of wearing the Winged Wheel.

edit: sorry guys, I forgot to post the link (but awesome that you guys trust me!)

http://detnews.com/article/20090902/SPORTS...-negative-press

Edited by Echolalia

"I know there's some donkey in Colorado that keeps writing crap continuously about me," Bertuzzi said.

Love it.

He goes on to say if he let all of the negative press get to him, he'd have "houses full of motivation"

It's so obvious that he's moved on from dwelling on the Moore incident, and good for him.

I'm glad to see he just wants to be healthy and play solid hockey.

I want him to get a fair shake here in Hockeytown and I hope that he proves some of the naysayers wrong.

This upcoming season has the potential of being a huge season for Bert. If he is coming to this team with a clean bill of health and a clear(er) conscience, there is no reason not to believe that he will be lethal in this lineup. This season is going to be very interesting.

This season is going to be his big comeback season. The guy sounds hungry, and sounds like he's in better shape than he has been in years. The one question really hanging over him was his health, and if he's gotten that into some sort of order, in addition to this hungry motivation he appears to have in his various interviews, I think Bert is really going to be huge here in Detroit. Especially since he fills a role we desperately need, he may step up his game.

I think that since we signed him the trend has been growing more and more optimistic about Bertuzzi in the Winged Wheel. I know I for one, can't wait. Too bad the preseason isn't televised.

I guess anything is possible, but can he score 40 or 50 on this team? Hossa only scored 40. It is entirely possible, but, ideally I like to see him get 25-30 and get his first Cup and the re-sign for about $3MM per season. If he scores 60, whther or not he gets his Cup, he will get very good money somehwere else....

I seem to be a minority among my pundit friends, but I for one am more excited about Bert this year. IF he can stay healthy, I predict that he gets 30 goals and 50 points. He has to learn to play like Cleary. Net presence and tips. If he can do that, he'll develop alot of new fans around the NHL.

Other than that I hope he learns Babcocks system, minimizes dumb penalties, plays more responsibly in his own end and pulverizes people along the boards.

If he lives up to the above prediction, he will become a top 4 forward.

Yeah! For those of you thinking that big Bert has come I would suggest to celebrate 10-11 Stanley Cup. That's exactly what we didn't have last year and blindly replaced by Hossa before the season even started.

PS I'm one of those hoping for Big Bert return.

This season is going to be his big comeback season. The guy sounds hungry, and sounds like he's in better shape than he has been in years. The one question really hanging over him was his health, and if he's gotten that into some sort of order, in addition to this hungry motivation he appears to have in his various interviews, I think Bert is really going to be huge here in Detroit. Especially since he fills a role we desperately need, he may step up his game.

I think that since we signed him the trend has been growing more and more optimistic about Bertuzzi in the Winged Wheel. I know I for one, can't wait. Too bad the preseason isn't televised.

Thing is, people were saying Anaheim and Calgary were going to be his 'big comeback' seasons as well, neither of those particularly panned out for him. IF IF IF he stays healthy he could make a decent impact, but I'm not sure why this would be a comeback year for him when the previous three weren't.

Also, I do in fact believe that preseason games are screened, at least on team PPV channels. Whatever the case I was able to find video streams for preseason games last season.

Thing is, people were saying Anaheim and Calgary were going to be his 'big comeback' seasons as well, neither of those particularly panned out for him. IF IF IF he stays healthy he could make a decent impact, but I'm not sure why this would be a comeback year for him when the previous three weren't.

Also, I do in fact believe that preseason games are screened, at least on team PPV channels. Whatever the case I was able to find video streams for preseason games last season.

Bertuzzi will fill a very specific role under Holland and Babcock. He won't be expected to be "The Guy". I think that could be the difference. I hope.

Edited by Broken 16

Uh-Oh! The last time Bertuzzi had a healthy season this happened:

Resulting in a 1 year suspension from the NHL

You can always count on somebody to dredge up garbage. Are you the "donkey" that Bert is talking about in the article?

Edited by Broken 16

Theres always some idiot, making a smart ass comment about Bert. Give the guy a chance for God's sake.

There's already a thread for discussing the Bertuzzi and Moore incident. Let's keep all discussion regarding that in it's proper place. K?