• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NBCnothingbutcrosby

Why would anyone want MTL to win.

Rate this topic

I've been seeing alot on here that Wings fans want MTL to win it all and this is what I have to say:

Honestly, MTL has 10+ more cups than we do. I would like to someday hope the wings will catch them and have the most cups of any team all-time. since MTL's last cup we've gained 4 up, so it's possible. Everyone rooting for MTL puzzles me, even though I hate all 3 teams left... Philly as I cringe saying it would be my choice. I hate Chicago and don't wanna hear them brag. MTL is a good hockey city and all, but c'mon now people.

Having the most cups in the league would even further validate the hockeytown phrase without contestation. Ever notice how Blackhawk/Pens fans always try to say "Hockeytown in Detroit - NO WAY MTL is hockeytown.

Edited by NBCnothingbutcrosby

Dude, honestly... The wings are never going to catch the Habs in cups. Its just not going to happen.

So out of the teams left:

Hawks = Annoying fans. Do we really want to deal with bandwagon fans AGAIN. We had enough of that with the Pens the past couple years. Also peoples feelings on Hossa, take him or leave him. I personally have nothing against him though.

Flyers = Lets face it. They are assholes, always have been and always will be.

Habs = Eh, dont like the other teams so why not. Would be good to see the cup go to a Canadian hockey team anyway.

Most teams have at least 1 player that I actually like and would be happy for if he won the Cup. Does that mean I truly want his team to win... ehhhhhh...

Edit: Forgot to mention who I actually do like:

Montreal: Mike Cammalleri

Philadelphia: Mike Richards

Chicago: Duncan Keith

Edited by SweWings

I've been seeing alot on here that Wings fans want MTL to win it all and this is what I have to say:

Honestly, MTL has 10+ more cups than we do. I would like to someday hope the wings will catch them and have the most cups of any team all-time. since MTL's last cup we've gained 4 up, so it's possible. Everyone rooting for MTL puzzles me, even though I hate all 3 teams left... Philly as I cringe saying it would be my choice. I hate Chicago and don't wanna hear them brag. MTL is a good hockey city and all, but c'mon now people.

Having the most cups in the league would even further validate the hockeytown phrase without contestation. Ever notice how Blackhawk/Pens fans always try to say "Hockeytown in Detroit - NO WAY MTL is hockeytown.

Montreal has 10+ cups more than any other franchise in the game... but I root for Montreal because they've always been my "East team". I'm not heartbroken if they lose, but I still like to see them do well, their history is great and just fun to watch those little no-name players making names for themselves.

Yep got to agree with Cammalleri on there for the Habs. Other than that I don't have a whole lot left. Would sure love to see another come back and make an Original 6 finals. Waaaay more attractive SCF than Flyers-Hawks dry.gif In which case I will just watch baseball or something...

Edited by HankthaTank

yeah i doubt the wings, or any team, will catch the canadiens in number of cups, and id rather root for the canadiens then any of the other teams. also it would be a nice underdog story for them to win this year.

Watching the Philadelphia Flyers(35 yrs) or Chicago Blackhawks(49 yrs) win another Stanley Cup would for me bring back fond memories of the 1997 Redwings ending a 42 year championship drought.

Watching the Montreal Canadiens win Stanley Cup number 25 would be sort of like watching the Yankees, Celtics, or Lakers win another championship.

Some probably want Chicago to win because of Hossa or because they are in the same division as the Wings or because they are an Original Six team.

Some probably want Montreal to win because they're basically the Cinderella team this year and it's easy to root for the underdog, regardless of how many championships they've won.

Some people like the rugged Flyers style of play or perception of play and want Philadelphia to win.

People want other teams to win for various reasons. That doesn't make their reasons any better or worse than yours, nor is your reasoning any better or worse than others.

I agree with the OP, I can't stand the habs. Maybe its because of where i'm from, but everyone is just hopping on the canadiens band wagon and it gets increasingly annoying

The main reason I don't like their team is the fans, any team that boos any national anthem is way too disrespectful in my books. Wasn't it also in Montreal where the banana was thrown onto the ice?

Their fans have booed the US National Anthem one too many times. I can't root for them, as much as I hate Pronger and the Flyers.

Yes... but imagine the satisfaction of witnessing the fans make complete asses of themselves on a national level.

Why? Well, it's easy. They're not Philadelphia. Anybody who calls Detroit a s***hole only does it because they haven't been to Philly yet. As far as the booing of our anthem, when everyone in the U.S. shows the proper respect for our own anthem, then maybe we'll have room to ***** other country's for not doing it. I mean, come on, they're French-Canadians. That, of course, means they're neither French (they're not from France) nor Canadian (at least they don't want to be).

My taste will change if (when) Philly wins the series and that will only be because I don't want to see Chicago win the Cup. To see a player go to the final 3 years in a row, each year on a different team, and have the team lose in the final would be awesome to see. I don't have any hate for Hossa, I just thing it's pretty amazing that he's going to the final for the third time in three years and could possibly lose again. If it happens, he'll be on the ice trying to slit his wrists with his skate. I won't be rooting for Philly so much as I'll be rooting against Chicago.

As long as it is not Chicago im satisfied.

I would like to see the Habs win. As I always add the cups for Habs and Wings Cups together. 35 To date.

Other then that. I'll agree with you. :cool:

I agree with the OP. I want the wings to catch them in cups. Whoever said it will never happen is wrong. It is very possible that it happens. Maybe not everone on this board will be alive to see it, but maybe some of us will. Remember, never say never. Plus i want philly to make it cuz i like carter, richards, and gagne. Also it'd be cool for a team from the winter classic to be in it three years in a row. I also think philly has a better chance at beating chicago, who i hate. So i say GO PHILLY

I'm taking Philly cause I like Richards and Leighton is playing really well. I do like players on the remaining teams as well so...

Philly: Richards / Leighton

Montreal: Cammalleri / Halak / Plekanec

Chicago: Great steak sandwiches at the UC :hehe:

Dude, honestly... The wings are never going to catch the Habs in cups. Its just not going to happen.

Hawks = Annoying fans. Do we really want to deal with bandwagon fans AGAIN. We had enough of that with the Pens the past couple years. Also peoples feelings on Hossa, take him or leave him. I personally have nothing against him though.

Habs = Eh, dont like the other teams so why not. Would be good to see the cup go to a Canadian hockey team anyway.

There is no one on the Habs that I hate...ie...Pronger,Kane.

Excuse my ignorance, but I've always wondered why a lot of people on these boards hate the Flyers so much? I've never really paid much attention to the east until recently, so I probably have missed some general ******* moments by the Flyers in the past. Just wonderin'...

Excuse my ignorance, but I've always wondered why a lot of people on these boards hate the Flyers so much? I've never really paid much attention to the east until recently, so I probably have missed some general ******* moments by the Flyers in the past. Just wonderin'...

Two words: Goon squad.