• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rick Zombos Ghost

Jordin Tootoo in rehab

Rate this topic

from KK

NEW YORK/TORONTO (December 27, 2010)—The National Hockey League Players’ Association and the National Hockey League announced today that forward Jordin Tootoo of the Nashville Predators has voluntarily entered in-patient care as part of the Joint NHL/NHLPA Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health Program (SABH).

Tootoo’s care will be administered by SABH Program Doctors Dave Lewis (NHL) and Brian Shaw (NHLPA). Tootoo will continue to receive his full salary and benefits and will have no penalty imposed, provided he complies with his prescribed treatment and follow-up care program.

There will be no further comment.

Put your whistles down.

@DarrenDreger NHL\NHLPA announce Jordin Tootoo has voluntarily entered in-patient care as part of NHL/NHLPA Substance Abuse andBehavioral Health Program.

NEW YORK — Nashville Predators forward Jordin Tootoo has voluntarily entered the NHL/NHLPA’s substance abuse and behavioural health program.

The National Hockey League and NHL Players’ Association made the announcement Monday that the 27-year-old native of Churchill, Man., will continue to receive his salary and benefits with no penalty, as long as he complies with the program’s treatment and follow-up care program.

His care will be under the direction of SABH program doctors Brian Shaw (NHLPA) and Dave Lewis (NHL).

The veteran right-winger, who is in his seventh season with the Predators, has scored four goals and six assists in 32 games this season.

Read more: http://sports.nationalpost.com/2010/12/27/predators-tootoo-enters-nhls-substance-abuse-and-behavioural-health-program/#ixzz19Lna1Fk8

from KK

NEW YORK/TORONTO (December 27, 2010)—The National Hockey League Players’ Association and the National Hockey League announced today that forward Jordin Tootoo of the Nashville Predators has voluntarily entered in-patient care as part of the Joint NHL/NHLPA Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health Program (SABH).

Tootoo’s care will be administered by SABH Program Doctors Dave Lewis (NHL) and Brian Shaw (NHLPA). Tootoo will continue to receive his full salary and benefits and will have no penalty imposed, provided he complies with his prescribed treatment and follow-up care program.

There will be no further comment.

Put your whistles down.

Who wants odds? I'll give you 2 to 1 that it was blow...

I don't really like the guy on the ice but if he recognized that he had or has a problem and is getting help for it, more power to him, especially if he's not being forced kicking and screaming to do so.

i was thinking alcohol. hockey players like to get their drink on.

I don't really like the guy on the ice but if he recognized that he had or has a problem and is getting help for it, more power to him, especially if he's not being forced kicking and screaming to do so.

no way to know either way if he was forced. it may come out...

i was thinking alcohol. hockey players like to get their drink on.

no way to know either way if he was forced. it may come out...

The reason I say blow, is the intensity and speed at which he plays the game and the complete "invincible" way he acts on the ice, not to mention the fact that nothing seems to hurt him... I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was blow...

The reason I say blow, is the intensity and speed at which he plays the game and the complete "invincible" way he acts on the ice, not to mention the fact that nothing seems to hurt him... I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was blow...

if it is blow I guarantee is he isn't playing on it. Playing coked out is a little too hard. You shake when you skate, not many players can play on coke. I'm guessing it is booze as well.

all the best to Tootoo, love to hate him but I'd be stoked if he was a Wing.

Edited by chrisyo

I'll add to the chorus of "I don't care for him on the ice, but..." crowd.

I recall that his brother's problems led to his suicide (Tootoo wears his brother's number), so hope his treatment goes well. We also don't know which part of the program (substance vs. behavioral) that he's got issues with.

Whether it's booze, drugs, or some other problem, it's going to be twice as hard to deal both with the problem and the fact that it's public knowledge.

Best wishes to him on his immediate recovery and sustaining his recovery.

Then, of course, I'll be back to cheering against him when he's on the ice.

pretty much.

I hate the little bastard on the ice. He's a dirty player and a blemish on the league. I don't wish ill will upon him personally, but honestly he will not be missed by me during his time in rehab. Ideally he'd get clean and hang up the skates.

He's part Inuit, isn't he? I'm guessing he has a genetic and cultural tendency towards substance abuse.

I hate the little bastard on the ice. He's a dirty player and a blemish on the league. I don't wish ill will upon him personally, but honestly he will not be missed by me during his time in rehab. Ideally he'd get clean and hang up the skates.

He's part Inuit, isn't he? I'm guessing he has a genetic and cultural tendency towards substance abuse.

Thats what I came in here to say. Being from Nunavut he came from a lot of alcohol problems which also leads to a lot of depression and suicide in that part of the country. My guess is alcohol.

Also you guys can hate him all you want but coming from what he came from and becoming a millionaire while dealing with his brother terrance's suicide I can respect. But yeah I know this is LGW so if anyone ever touches a red wing it is automatic hate on and off the ice... :rolleyes:

Thats what I came in here to say. Being from Nunavut he came from a lot of alcohol problems which also leads to a lot of depression and suicide in that part of the country. My guess is alcohol.

Also you guys can hate him all you want but coming from what he came from and becoming a millionaire while dealing with his brother terrance's suicide I can respect. But yeah I know this is LGW so if anyone ever touches a red wing it is automatic hate on and off the ice... :rolleyes:

It isn't because he touched a Wing, but because he is a s***-stain on the sheet that is the NHL.

It isn't because he touched a Wing, but because he is a s***-stain on the sheet that is the NHL.

What did he do that made him a s*** stain? Hes thrown a couple sucker punches which aren't really honourable but fighters should have known were coming. He plays physical and is an agitator. Was Ted Lindsay a s*** stain on the NHL?

I dont blame people for hating him on the ice but not knowing him at all when people can't respect the fact that he basically came from alcoholic and depressed poverty while dealing with his brothers suicide at a critical time in his life and now is a millionaire playing in the NHL then these people need a serious reality check.

You shouldn't let your love of a team and a game blind you of what some people go through in their lives, Tootoo has probably been through the most s*** in his life out of every single player in the league

I agree. I don't like him, but wish him all the best. Jordan had a brother who committed suicide, so good to see him to get some help.

What did he do that made him a s*** stain? Hes thrown a couple sucker punches which aren't really honourable but fighters should have known were coming. He plays physical and is an agitator. Was Ted Lindsay a s*** stain on the NHL?

I dont blame people for hating him on the ice but not knowing him at all when people can't respect the fact that he basically came from alcoholic and depressed poverty while dealing with his brothers suicide at a critical time in his life and now is a millionaire playing in the NHL then these people need a serious reality check.

You shouldn't let your love of a team and a game blind you of what some people go through in their lives, Tootoo has probably been through the most s*** in his life out of every single player in the league

He may have gone through some things in his life, but I frankly don't care. Sorry, but I don't.