• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stevkrause

Bertuzzi Suspension Prediction/ No Suspension Per League

Rate this topic

It was at best a two minute penalty. If Bert is suspended it only goes to show how much of a joke this league is becoming. I hope that Kenny Holland gives the league a earfull one of these days for all the non call against Homer. He got hauled down on a breakaway and there was no call? Give me a break! There is at least 2 or three bad call is every game we play and Berts was one of them.

Hmm, armpit to shoulder? I'd say it depends on the type of deodorant he was wearing. Anything too perfumy deserves at least 3 games.

Sad to say, but I think there will be games lost because of the name on the back of his jersey.

I'm shocked. Seriously.

I guess I'm late to report my insider info. As I said in the GDT a moment ago, I was talking to an off ice official after the game at Nemo's and he was saying he didn't think it was that bad.

I bet Bert was pretty bummed about it too. We all know how hard he tries to stay outta trouble.

It genuinely looked like Bert was actively avoiding trying to hit Johnson with his elbow and in the process, his arm went up and over Johnson's head, knocking his helmet off with his armpit. Glad the league got it right.

Of course, someone on HFBoards will probably read my post, quote it over there and accuse me of rampant homerism.

Bert trys to stay out of trouble and he's trying to clean his name after the Steve Moore incident that no one is allowing to give up on. It's nice to see him use his body out there again but with an small little incident would probably put him right back at square one. I was at the game and it didn't look that bad of a hit at all, I was upset to see him booted out of the game but obviously they're trying to protect the players and any hit near the head they're going to call on. I really hope Bert doesn't go down the path of may I say "pussyfooting" around after this, I would like to see him use that big body of his play the boards and create space.

I already posted this but I will put it here too.

bert.jpg

Elbow nowhere near his head. It's more like an armpit to the head. He doesn't deserve to be suspended but you know he will just because it's Bertuzzi.

That's what I thought when it happened. The replays sure looked like his elbow didn't make contact. It was a big hit but it certainly didn't look like it took out his head or anything. But the announcers were so sure it was a blatant elbow to the head even after the replays that I just assumed I wasn't seeing the same thing.

He'll probably be kicked out of the league because he's a Red Wing and they never get a chance to suspend the Wings.

EDIT: Cool of Johnson to defend Bertuzzi. Sort of shows how moronic those announcers are who were so sure it was a dirty hit.

Edited by VM1138

As one who was embarrassed when he was signed and still has trouble accepting he wears the Winged Wheel, even I can't find anything suspendable in this hit. I understand the game misconduct; having to make the call without the benefit of review, it would be more than easy to think it was an elbow to the head. I just think Bert has forgotten how to check.

I just think Bert has forgotten how to check.

It was indeed his first big hit in a long while. And even though on review it looks like he mostly misses with his arm, why does he have it flailing out there in the first place? Keep that thing tucked in big fella.

Anyways, no further discipline is clearly the right call.

All this "look at this screenshot, he hit him with his armpit" bulls*** needs to stop. You're worse than a Nixon supporter after Watergate. You seem to forget that most hits in hockey (including this one) are HORIZONTAL, not vertical, so Bert's armpit being right under Johnson's head in that frame means what exactly? That Bert is clobbering him with his arm.

It was absolutely elbowing, there's no question of that. Bert is lucky to avoid a suspension; it was likely the league looking back at the fact that he doesn't know how to throw a hit and just figuring that was why his arm was up.

The best part was that nobody did s*** to Bert after the hit. Same thing after whistles in front of the net, Bert never gets touched, Homer ALWAYS gets roughed up. Funny how that works.

esteef

I wonder if Don cherry will mention that on Coaches Corner... Why no Chicago player did nothing he likes to insinuate that the Wings are afraid all the time

The best part was that nobody did s*** to Bert after the hit. Same thing after whistles in front of the net, Bert never gets touched, Homer ALWAYS gets roughed up. Funny how that works.

esteef

People really don't like Homer in front of the net.

Plus Homer likes to prod the defense for s***s and giggles.

All this "look at this screenshot, he hit him with his armpit" bulls*** needs to stop. You're worse than a Nixon supporter after Watergate. You seem to forget that most hits in hockey (including this one) are HORIZONTAL, not vertical, so Bert's armpit being right under Johnson's head in that frame means what exactly? That Bert is clobbering him with his arm.

It was absolutely elbowing, there's no question of that. Bert is lucky to avoid a suspension; it was likely the league looking back at the fact that he doesn't know how to throw a hit and just figuring that was why his arm was up.

It's not just about still images. If you watch the video closely (which we assume the NHL does) it's clear his armpit hits Johnson. It's an awkward way to have your arm for sure, but it's pretty clear it wasn't an intentional "elbow" and Bertuzzi tried to reduce the power of the impact not only with that but by hitting him to the side instead of dead on.