• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

robb himself

July 1st UFA Wish List

Rate this topic

So as you guys know, July 1st is less than 2 weeks away, so I thought I would start a thread where we can discuss all our potential UFA signings because some of the other threads are starting to get off topic and are turning more into arguments rather than ideas and discussions.

My list begins with the widely discussed James Wizniewski. I think he would be a great start, in getting our blue line back on track.

After Wizniewski, I would love to grab one of Pitkanen, Ehrhoff, or Bieksa, as well as a cheaper D man like Anton Babchuck, or Shane O'Brien to round out our D.

As far as forwards go, I hope we take a run at Tomas Fleischmann, Jussi Jokinen or even Simon Gagne (for the right price).

I am still on the fence about what to do about Jiri Hudler. Part of me wants to keep him around to give him another shot at getting his game back on track (which I saw glimpses of while playing with Datsyuk) and the other half of me feels like we should try and trade him to another team needing offence (Florida?) for a draft pick. The possible trading of Hudler (which I doubt will happen) will weigh largely into what caliber of forward we go after, if any at all.

Maybe...Ville Leino? :ph34r:

Show me your Wish Lists!

UFA:

Lidstrom (1 year contracts, for many healthy, productive years)

Ozzie (yeah, it's a wishlist. I get to wish.)

Drapes (see above)

Jagr if he is at his mulleted best

Andreas Lilja

I would be pleased to see Miller and/or Eaves return.

Off the wall: Staffan Kronwall is a UFA. He played in Sweden this last season. He hasn't done much at all in the NHL, but I'd love to see what would happen if he got together with his big bro. If he'd come in on a 2-way, I think he'd be worth the money in GR, plus with his track record there's no way he wouldn't clear waivers. No way he breaks into the Wings line-up, but maybe for a call-up when we have our Annual February Injuryfest.

Non-UFA:

I think I'd also like a good cheeseburger. And some booze.

Re-sign Nicklas Lidstrom, Chris Osgood ($550k), and Patrick Eaves ($1m).

Mike Modano, Kris Draper, Brian Rafalski, Jonathan Ericsson, and Ruslan Salei are replaced by Jan Mursak; one of Erik Cole or Tim Connolly ($3m); two of Joni Pitkanen, James Wisniewski, Kevin Bieksa, or Christian Ehrhoff, (total no more than $11m), and Derek Meech ($550k) or Doug Janik. If possible under the cap after signing the first two, replace Meech/Janik with Anton Babchuk, Jan Hejda, Steve Montador, Paul Mara, Shane O'Brien, or Nick Boynton.

Wisniewski seems the ideal fit, as his salary would allow for any of the others. A combination of Wisniewski and Pitkanen would allow for one of the "upgrades" I listed later, Babchuk being the top choice.

So let's look at the roster.

With Connolly:

Hudler/Zetterberg/Cleary

Filppula/Datsyuk/Holmstrom

Franzen/Connolly/Bertuzzi

Mursak/Helm/Eaves

Abdelkader/Emmerton

With Cole:

Hudler/Datsyuk/Cleary

Franzen/Zetterberg/Bertuzzi

Cole/Filppula/Holmstrom

Mursak/Helm/Eaves

Abdelkader/Emmerton

Kronwall/Stuart

Lidstrom/Wisniewski

Pitkanen/Babchuk

Kindl

Looks good from a standpoint of now and future; Pitkanen/Babchuk establishes a second solid pairing to anchor the D, and one that will be around if Kronner and Stu jump next year. Connolly/Cole provide a skilled offensive forward who is around 30 and brings another element; Cole his physical play, and Connolly solid two-way play. Cole is also a skilled sniper, giving us another in that department. With Franzen's inconsistency and injury status, as well as the looming departures of Bertuzzi and Holmstrom, having a guy like Cole around would be a solid asset to the team.

Edited by eva unit zero

Re-sign Lidstrom. Sign Wiz and bieksa and complete the summer with Jagr and I will be a very happy Guy. Or and keep Hudler just to spite at least 75% of LGW. Insert absolutely unrealistic and unnecessary trade shipping off Huddles here.

We need a 2nd line center, in order to let Pav and Z together (he should be able to score at least 25 goals and be a good playmaker)

Defence: - Lids back at the same price

- Wishni.... or one on the Vancouver's top line

I'm fine with this...

Gunnar Nordstrom believes, that Nick will be back!

http://www.kuklaskor...lidstrom_will_/

If Nick doesn't come back I'm going after this Gunnar Nordstrom.

I mean, first his stores have ridiculous prices on clothes and now he's going to mislead eager hockey fans? Unacceptable. We can't allow such a monster to continue as a member of the human race.

My wishlist:

Lidstrom re-signs

Eaves re-signs

Wisniewski replaces Rafalski

5th d-man

Top 6 / 9 forward

Back-up goalie

I like Miller, but I don't feel like he'll fit in with these wishes.

In this interview Jim Rutherford says Chad Larose (Jokinen and Pitkanen as well) won't be signed. What do you thing about getting Chad? Every time I watched Carolina he has been a very impressive role player.

I would love to see Michael Ryder. Watching him in the playoffs he seemed like a guy that would fit in well in Detroit. He has scored 30 goals a couple times and overall has been a productive guy for a 2nd/3rd line spot.

I know the wings are still log-jammed at forward. However, they can use more scoring depth. Perhaps unloading Hudler would be worthwhile and Ryder could slot back in his place?

To me, a player like Ryder is much a much better target than someone like Brad Richards. And I think it would be a much better fit anyways. Unfortunately there are 2 things I think make it unlikely. Salary and Claude Julien. He was already making 4 million and after a good playoff run he might want a modest raise. Even if Hudler was moved, it would still be several million more to upgrade. The other part is that he has played most of his career with Claude Julien and considering they just won a cup together, he might want to stay. I haven't really looked into the Bruins cap situation though, so perhaps he might be on his way out because of financial reasons.

Thoughts on Ryder?