• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

Conklin was the problem? No way brother, how about 5 goals scored by 1 line? If you're looking for an out for last nights lost you may want to consider how we couldn't shut down their top line. We got out ran last night, they were quicker on the puck and what did they do? convert. What didn't we do? convert.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#22 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

Risking assassination here, I think it would be good to play Conks against Phoenix - just so the TEAM has a chance to show up and prove it's not him they don't like. They didn't play in front of him last night. That, and they only scored one goal. :P

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#23 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

Risking assassination here, I think it would be good to play Conks against Phoenix - just so the TEAM has a chance to show up and prove it's not him they don't like. They didn't play in front of him last night. That, and they only scored one goal. :P

Yeah you better have your flame suit ready. In regards to playing Conks on Thursday though, it gets tricky. While we may be under the impression that the team wants to play infront of him, or maybe they don't, (until one of us works within the locker room please let's keep our expert opinions to a minimal) it's still risky putting 2 points on the line. Last night we were playing an eastern team that we only play once, it was a good chance for babs to risk playing Conks. Playing against another western team we're risking too much standing wise, inwhich I don't see babs pulling the trigger on that. I would LOVE for conks to setup and let howie rest during these next few weeks, inorder for us to run howie late in the season straight into the playoffs so he's ready. Unfortunately, i'm not sure what road we'll be taking come trade deadline, and i'm pretty scared to say the most. Instead of investing cap money into finalizing the roster for a deep run, we'll be putting worthless money into a backup.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#24 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

Whatever the case, Conklin isn't reliable.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Nabokov as a deadline pickup. It's no doubt enormously clear to Snow that he won't be re-signing in the offseason.

EXACTLY!

I mentioned this is the GDT, that Holland in no way can feel comfortable heading into the playoffs with Conklin as the backup. If Nabokov were to become available, Holland should definitely call. I even mentioned that right about now, although Nabokov wants to be a starter, he probably wouldn't mind being a backup on a team like Detroit. At least for a few months. I know Conklin was solid a couple of years ago, but I think alot of people would feel better with Nabokov as the back-up for the playoffs...

...of course I got negged, but I think it's more because I mentioned the old trade proposal of Hudler for Nabokov...I guess people think that other teams are just gonna give us their players at the deadline, also I guess the Hudler lovers got their panties in a bunch over the audacity of someone saying trade him... Go figure!

Yeah you better have your flame suit ready. In regards to playing Conks on Thursday though, it gets tricky. While we may be under the impression that the team wants to play infront of him, or maybe they don't, (until one of us works within the locker room please let's keep our expert opinions to a minimal) it's still risky putting 2 points on the line. Last night we were playing an eastern team that we only play once, it was a good chance for babs to risk playing Conks. Playing against another western team we're risking too much standing wise, inwhich I don't see babs pulling the trigger on that. I would LOVE for conks to setup and let howie rest during these next few weeks, inorder for us to run howie late in the season straight into the playoffs so he's ready. Unfortunately, i'm not sure what road we'll be taking come trade deadline, and i'm pretty scared to say the most. Instead of investing cap money into finalizing the roster for a deep run, we'll be putting worthless money into a backup.

...ya, and with the Law of Averages about to kick in for them at home (face it, they aren't gonna win out at the Joe, are they?) it would do much for his fan support (or lack of) if he were in net when or if their winning streak comes to an end...Just go with Jimmy.

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

#25 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

I'd be in support of Nabokov over Conklin, and the Wings upper management making a push for him last year tells me it's a strong possibility. When it comes to backups you always need to consider if your number 1 guy gets injured if your backup can carry the weight for as long as necessary. I would personally have more confidence in Nabokov over Conklin in that type if situation.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg