• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Shea Weber fined for Zetterberg "headslam"

Rate this topic

Weber throws a tantrum. This just shows how easy it is for our guys to get into his head. I think the wings are gonna play off that and get him agitated. It'll be even more easy to get at him because he knows hes on a tight leash and can't retaliate. Sucka!

I disagree. If Weber truly feels he did no wrong last night he's just going to let the whole situation roll off his back and focus on playing his game and getting the 2-0 series lead. The Red Wings however could come into game 2 a little hot headed/payback minded and make some dumb plays and get some bad penalties.

I would venture to say the whole ordeal affects Detroit more than Nashville but only time will tell.

26 minutes of even strength play, goals scored mostly after a power play for one team or the other. 4th line guys and definitely 2 insane bounces. I'm willing to bet if the next game is mostly 5on5 Wings will win by more than a goal.

Look, if the Wings come out fired up I think we take game two and the series. However, this team is just as likely to pack it up and fold under physical play. We have seen that before as well. If you fail to acknowledge that then you are not being honest with yourself.

Tomorrow could very well be a penalty fest with the refs trying to regain control of the series after Webers busch league d-bag move.

BTW, this team was built to win on the PP, 5 on 5 against a very physical team is not our best match up.

Thats reality.

You know, I have reconsidered my position.

I hope for just good old fashioned hockey, eh. Lets just go out there and play a good clean game of putting the biscuit in the basket.

But as a kharmic reward, I want Coburn to take Crosby's head and smash it against the glass a couple of times in Game 2 with 5 seconds to play. I'll pay the fine personally.

I don't think this team will roll over and die, they've dealt with gorillas like this before see Joe Throton last year. I think they can win this series but don't have to win tomorrow. My prediction stands pat wings win the series 4-2

O but it would be very nice to see Radulov get Kronwalled... Just throwing it out there

I don't think this team will roll over and die, they've dealt with gorillas like this before see Joe Throton last year. I think they can win this series but don't have to win tomorrow. My prediction stands pat wings win the series 4-2

O but it would be very nice to see Radulov get Kronwalled... Just throwing it out there

I hope your right.

We will see tomorrow, Im cautiously optimistic. I see Lidstrom raising his game tomorrow.

As far as Radulov catching a Kronnwalling, right on man! I hope Hornqvist catches some Kron too.

I disagree. If Weber truly feels he did no wrong last night he's just going to let the whole situation roll off his back and focus on playing his game and getting the 2-0 series lead. The Red Wings however could come into game 2 a little hot headed/payback minded and make some dumb plays and get some bad penalties.

I would venture to say the whole ordeal affects Detroit more than Nashville but only time will tell.

You're judging this as if the Wings were unprofessional goons. This team has seen this kind of bulls*** many times and the players are disciplined enough to know this can work in their favor big time. If weber's willing to snap like that from a pretty weak hit from z, he'll crack when his team is losing game 2 4-1 in the 2nd period. The guy's a douchebag. He'll make a mistake and it'll cost his team in the end, even if the league dropped the ball on this "fine." They call this guy a captain? Nick Lidstrom, please show this moron how a captain wins a Stanley Cup.

Bitz gets 2 games for CHECKING from behind. Zetterberg gets his head slammed for checking from behind. Weber gets 2 minutes and a fine for a quick severe response.

Bitz getting 2 games was a no brainer, not saying that Weber shouldn't of gotten something just to clarify.

You're judging this as if the Wings were unprofessional goons. This team has seen this kind of bulls*** many times and the players are disciplined enough to know this can work in their favor big time. If weber's willing to snap like that from a pretty weak hit from z, he'll crack when his team is losing game 2 4-1 in the 2nd period. The guy's a douchebag. He'll make a mistake and it'll cost his team in the end, even if the league dropped the ball on this "fine." They call this guy a captain? Nick Lidstrom, please show this moron how a captain wins a Stanley Cup.

The thing has me in stitches over the whole ordeal is before end of the 3rd period, a majority of you would have loved to see Weber in red, now it's a mudslide of hatred and personal attacks.

Like the Wings have never had a player let emotion win and slip up at some point. Jesus I could see if Z would have gotten hurt but all is well, clean the panties out fellas ;)

The thing has me in stitches over the whole ordeal is before end of the 3rd period, a majority of you would have loved to see Weber in red, now it's a mudslide of hatred and personal attacks.

Like the Wings have never had a player let emotion win and slip up at some point. Jesus I could see if Z would have gotten hurt but all is well, clean the panties out fellas ;)

This guy serious right now?

This clown won't be back after we win game 2 and tie the series up. We will go back to the Joe win both there and this guy will never be seen again.

By the way.. cute username...

GetToDaGolfCourse

Shin Webbbber F.... yr stupid mom for giving birth to a retard goon

shea weber is not a bad person, he just made a big stupid mistake,but don't call his mother stupid,she was diagnosed with brain cancer when shea was fifteen and died in 2010

Edited by PredsFanTheBayouState

It was a dbag move, was it not?

I think it's a sign that it was a major dick move if you need to compare it to the Bertuzzi/Steve Moore incident.

I completely agree that it was a dick move, but I do feel like posters here have double standards. I like Bert, I like Weber, both did terrible things, though I think both were in the heat of the moment and genuinely out of character for both.

Just cant call it what it is, can you.

What Bert did was wrong, no doubt.

I can call it what it is, it was a terrible, douchebaggy move, I just don't think one douchebaggy move makes someone a douchebag.

Side note: I do believe this deserved some sort of suspension and am pretty pissed it didn't get one. This seems like EXACTLY what the league is trying to get out of the game.

Edited by Lonewuhf

This guy serious right now?

This clown won't be back after we win game 2 and tie the series up. We will go back to the Joe win both there and this guy will never be seen again.

By the way.. cute username...

GetToDaGolfCourse

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm having quite the time here, so I think I'll stick around even after we take the series 4-1 ;)

Oh and don't get all petty insults with me because I'm telling it like it is. You guys would LOVE to grab Weber if Nashville didn't keep him & you'd be a liar if you say otherwise. Like one of your own said, don't throw Weber under the bus for one bad incident. The guy is an overall great player who has next to never had any history of unnecessary or foul play to be such a physical d man.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm having quite the time here, so I think I'll stick around even after we take the series 4-1 ;)

Oh and don't get all petty insults with me because I'm telling it like it is. You guys would LOVE to grab Weber if Nashville didn't keep him & you'd be a liar if you say otherwise. Like one of your own said, don't throw Weber under the bus for one bad incident. The guy is an overall great player who has next to never had any history of unnecessary or foul play to be such a physical d man.

Yep, we once hated a guy by the name of Chris Chelios and then he became a Red Wing. But besides that, if the situation was reversed I would not defend a Red Wing player for a WWE move like that.

link

Weber deserved a suspension of at least one game, as a message that this isn't acceptable. Instead, the Predators basically mocked the ruling. Players reportedly joked about taking up a collection to help Weber pay the fine. Andrei Kostitsyn playfully shoved Weber's head into the glass at the end of practice, re-enacting the incident to the amusement of teammates.

if this is true im losing even more respect for the preds.

Edited by jeff48109