• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:38 AM

So if not Parise, what does everyone think of Kenny going after Semin for the top 6? Personally, I would much rather see Nyquist get a chance over bringing someone with Semin's history of slacking into the mix.

Story here: http://bleacherrepor...be-a-free-agent

Edited by ogreslayer, 15 May 2012 - 09:38 AM.

#2 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

not only can he get some points, he can be our enforcer too!

Edited by Din758, 15 May 2012 - 09:49 AM.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#3 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,029 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

He scored at a rate less than one point every 2 games last year. Who cares about Semin, unless we can have him for like 3 million/yr.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#4 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

No Way.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#5 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

Pass.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#6 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:57 AM

I was all for trading for Semin last summer due to his high skill level. But he is everything the Wings do not need.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#7 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

No to Semin.

Holland needs to go all in for Parise. He's the top priority.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#8 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,945 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

A lot of people are saying Semin has turned it around in terms of his work ethic, but I'd worried that he'd get a long term deal and he and Franzen would take turns seeing who could put in the least effort on a shift.

#9 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

I would only be interested if Mule is traded and Semin is signed for a short(er) length.

Edited by WorkingOvertime, 15 May 2012 - 10:38 AM.

#10 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

do not want

#11 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

Saw another story where Semin's said he wants to go somewhere he can increase the amount of responsibility he takes on including penalty kill time. Semin on the pk? No thank you.

As far as signing him on the cheap, I don't see that happening. If he's looking to sign for big responsibilities/big minutes that also means big money. Buyer beware imo. I think ultimately, he'll chase the big money all the way to the KHL. If Kenny can't land Parise, it's time to give one of the youngsters like Nyquist or Tatar a chance instead.

#12 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:05 AM

I don't want Semin at all, but I wouldn't throw a fit if we picked him up cheap. Semin would be smart to sign on with a good team for a year with a low contract, have another successful season, drive up his price again and hit the free agent market again. This is a very "what have you done lately" kind of league. He won't get very much this off season.

#13 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:13 AM

If Kenny can't land Parise, it's time to give one of the youngsters like Nyquist or Tatar a chance instead.

Nyquist or Tatar could maybe sub for Hudler, or for Bertuzzi (as he's almost certainly playing on the third line next season) - but they're not viable alternatives to a guy like Parise.

We need an elite goal-scorer, one with a solid overall game (hence no to Semin). Beyond Parise, there's no one in this UFA pool who fits the bill. (I like David Jones...as a Hudler upgrade.) So we'd have to trade. Which isn't happening. So we need Parise.

I don't want Semin at all, but I wouldn't throw a fit if we picked him up cheap. Semin would be smart to sign on with a good team for a year with a low contract, have another successful season, drive up his price again and hit the free agent market again. This is a very "what have you done lately" kind of league. He won't get very much this off season.

I'm fully expecting him to fetch at least 6 million.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#14 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

I'm fully expecting him to fetch at least 6 million.

$6 mil for a guy that had a career low in goals (21)? I think not. He'll get $3-4 mil maybe.

#15 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:28 AM

Honestly????

I would rather have Huds...
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#16 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

$6 mil for a guy that had a career low in goals (21)? I think not. He'll get $3-4 mil maybe.

Ridiculous, completely unjustifiable overpayment is the norm these days. Add to that the fact that this UFA pool is mighty thin, and you can expect 5 million at the very, very least.

Not putting you down. You're being totally reasonable. It's just, Reason up and left the NHL many moons ago.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#17 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:40 AM

Posted Image

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#18 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:04 PM

He scored at a rate less than one point every 2 games last year. Who cares about Semin, unless we can have him for like 3 million/yr.

Yes, I think if he signs for a Hudler-type salary, he would be a nice project to see if he indeed does have chemistry with Datsyuk. Parise is imperative though and I would like to see both signed! If for some reason Holland cannot get Parise, Semin cannot and would not be a viable plan b alone....Holland would have to obtain someone else in the Parise mold as a plan B. Of course with all the talk about re-signing Homer, getting two new FA's is pretty much out of the question. I really just wish that Holland would let the past go... Not unless he ditches BOTH Emmerton and Mursak, re-signs Homer AND signs Parise and Semin...that could be a pretty good lineup...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#19 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

He's been saving himself for this moment? Hark, the KHL is calling.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#20 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

Ridiculous, completely unjustifiable overpayment is the norm these days. Add to that the fact that this UFA pool is mighty thin, and you can expect 5 million at the very, very least.

Not putting you down. You're being totally reasonable. It's just, Reason up and left the NHL many moons ago.

I know where you're coming from and the league does typically overpay for players in the summer, but usually they overpay for the cream of the crop. Parise will likely have some absurd offer thrown his way. Suter will too. Semin, I don't know if he's in the same class as them. Like if he was coming off a typical Semin type of year (30-40 goal pace) somebody would throw $6-9 million his way for sure, but coming off a 21 goal season and another so-so playoff... unless someone is trying to get to the cap floor, I wouldn't expect him to get an offer from anyone that seriously wants to contend.