• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Diluvian04

Predictions on where players will land

Rate this topic

I thought this might be fun to try and predict where players are gonna land and see who is right. We can even predict their salary too if you would like. I figure if Eklund can do it so can we.

I'll say that...Matt Carle winds up in Tampa Bay for 5.5 Million

Jokinen ends up in Carolina for 4 Million

Gaustad will go to San Jose because they need that faceoff guy for 2.5 Million.

I just picked a few guys so it doesn't matter who you pick. It's the Eklund game.

Edited by Diluvian04

Just a few of the more prominent names...

Suter - Detroit (otherwise stays in Nashville)

Parise - Pittsburgh

Carle - Philadelphia

Schultz - Edmonton

Hudler - Ottawa

Semin - San Jose or KHL

Garrison - Tampa Bay

Doan - Phoenix

Jagr - Philadelphia

Whitney - Carolina

Edited by GoWings1905

Ryan Suter to Detroit

Zach Parise to Pittsburgh

Rick Nash to Boston

Justin Schultz to Edmonton

Shane Doan to Chicago

Alexander Semin to Anaheim

Bobby Ryan to NY Rangers

Jaromir Jagr to Flyers

Keith Yandle to Maple Leafs

Jay Bouwmeester to Flyers

Parise - Detroit

Suter - Detroit

Semin - San Jose

Parenteau - Montreal

Schultz - Edmonton

Whiteny - Carolina

Jagr - Philadelphia

Doan - Phoenix

Carle - Anaheim

Garrison - Washington

Hudler - Minnesota

Brodeur - New Jersey

Ryan Smyth - Edmonton

Kostitsyn - Minnesota

Latendresse - Pittsburgh

Kuba - Boston

Wellwood - Columbus

Jokinen - Carolina

Gustavsson- Columbus

Moore - Chicago

Prust - Detroit

Gaustad - Detroit

Penner - Los Angeles

Salo - Vancouver

Sullivan - Pittsburgh

Tootoo - Ottawa

Coliacovo - Boston

Fedotanko - Columbus

Winnik - Columbus

Suter will be in Detroit. Too much is riding on that signing for Holland to let it slip away. He'll get good money to play for an original six team where he'll be stepping into a pivotal role with the potential of developing into a leader. Isn't that what these guys dream about?

Weren't we one of the top if not number one on the list of teams NHL players wanted to play for? We've got the money now so let's hope we have a good week. Merry July 1st eve everyone.

I really don't see Parise going to the Pens.

Shero: "Hey, Zach, Shero-Dawg here. Listen, we lost Jordan Staal Between you and me [*WINK*], he made Sid and Geno - and, in turn, our whole team - look much better than they/it are/is. How'd you like to make Sid and/or Geno look good for the next ten years? Oh, by the way, have I mentioned we don't play defense? Oh, and that meltdown against Philly? They poisoned our water. We're way more mature than that - as a team, as an organization, and as a family. OK, I gotta go take a dump. hollaback!"

This is Christmas Eve for me. Here is where we truly see if Holland has it or if he has jumped the shark! I am hopeful!

What about Draper as the new assistant coach??

Parise - Pens

Suter - Detroit

Semin - Detroit

Schultz - Edmonton

Whiteny - Carolina

Jagr - Detroit

Doan - Phoenix

Carle - Anaheim or Detroit if Holland fails to get Sutter

Hudler - Senators

Brodeur - New Jersey

Ryan Smyth - Edmonton

Kostitsyn - Minnesota

Prust - Detroit

Gaustad - Buffalo

Penner - Los Angeles

Tootoo - Ottawa

Samuelson -Det (Holland can't help himself)

To Detroit - suter, gaustad, and hopefully semin..

Also, if huds goes to LA itd be cool if we could pick up penner. Won't be upset if we dont though.

We're getting suter and this says why perfectly....

Suter will be in Detroit. Too much is riding on that signing for Holland to let it slip away. He'll get good money to play for an original six team where he'll be stepping into a pivotal role with the potential of developing into a leader. Isn't that what these guys dream about?

Weren't we one of the top if not number one on the list of teams NHL players wanted to play for? We've got the money now so let's hope we have a good week. Merry July 1st eve everyone.

As for everyone else, a couple that come to mind is..

Brodeur to Tampa

Parise stays in jersey. I know there are money issues but I think they'll figure it out. Just have a feeling he's not going anywhere.

Bobby Ryan to Philly

Huds to Ottawa just sounds right for some reason.

Carle to the avs

Also, I think the wings sign "the monster" as a backup goalie..

Edit: also think the avs might pick up P.A.

Edited by amato

Ryan Suter - Detroit or Philadelphia

Zach Parise - Pittsburgh

Alexander Semin - Detroit

P.A. Parenteau - Montreal

Brandon Prust - Detroit

Matt Carle - Anaheim

Jiri Hudler - Carolina

Martin Brodeur - Tampa Bay

Jason Garrison - Detroit or Nashville (Depends what happens with suter)

Ray Whitney - Boston

Jaromir Jagr - Philadelphia

Shane Doan - Detroit (wishful thinking) or Pittburgh

Ryan Smyth - rangers

Andrei Kostitsyn - New jersey

Olli Jokkinen - minnesota

Paul Gaustaud - vancouver

Dustin Penner - los angeles

To Detroit - suter, gaustad, and hopefully semin..

Sounds about right, IMHO - though I'd change Semin to Parise, because I think we have as good a shot as any club with him, and I don't really like the idea of hoping for Semin.

Also, I think the wings sign "the monster" as a backup goalie..

Smokie?!

Realistically, I don't think the wings will sign that many players. I'm thinking Suter and Prust. I'd love the likes of a parise/semin/doan but I just don't see Kenny adding that many players. Just my opinion tho, I hope I'm wrong.

Well wingydingy....they need to sign 2 forwards and 2 defensmen. If they give Brunner that spot, then yes one forward, but you better believe it will be a top 6 rather than a bottom 6. 2 defensmen, sure they have Quincey as a RFA, but dump him and get Suter & Garrison...That will bring them to 23 players. When and if they keep Abby, someone (Emmerton or Mursak) will be bumped out. May as well go for Doan too and bump both of them or trade them in a package or just for some draft pick depth....

Wonder if the words "I like the team we have currently" and "we can always add at the trade deadline" will be spoken from Holland tomorrow

<SLAP> You watch your mouth!

Ya leftwinger, I'm with ya but that's what we hope will happen! I'm just saying you might not see that pan out just because it makes sense to us. I

Just have this sinking feeling that kh is going to do quite a bit less than what we all think or want him to do.

Seems it will be hard to land parise and suter together with the pens freeing up money to make a push for them. My fear is parise being really good friends with Crosby and suter and parise stating they wanna play together. we may end up with neither. If that's the the case then Kenny not making any moves at the deadline will haunt us. Were down two defensman and were not guaranteed we'll get the best one on the market with other teams interested and throwing them dollars. If we lose out on suter and parise. We need to go second tier and build on the fly. That means semin,garrison,carle, save that money and make a run at weber since he will most likely test the waters next season. Hopefully our team being almost all euros will not detour these north American stars fron signing with our team.