• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Parise Watch [update x2]: Red Wings OUT of Running

Rate this topic

At this point I'd just want to address our Defensive issues right now and hopefully we can land Suter to solve that. It's something like this is why I hate the signings of Tootoo and Samuelsson on Day 1 of Free Agency if it's a money issue we could have had a better chance at getting both of them. Now I'm not so sure with only around $17 Million based on what Cap Geek says we will land even one. If it's just about money than we will lose both of them IMHO but if it's about making a better career choice as to haveing a successfull career and winning a Stanley Cup the Wings should still be one of the top teams in contention for these big-name players. As much as I want Parise we need Suter the most but if they both wanna go to the same team than we may lose both of them and that's a scary thing to think about especially still needing a Big D-Man to replace Liddy and another one to replace Stuart. I personally would rather see Parise either come here go to Minnesota or stay in New Jersey. Philly or Pittsburgh would be just too much for me to handle, though I may have to if it comes down to it. I hope something is decided soon becasue I didn't sleep worth a crap last night and when I did sleep all I could dream about was getting or losing one or both of these players to many more night's like this and I'll be part of the Walking Dead. Let's just get this done and move on.

EXACTLY why I don't like the Sammy, Tootoo signings. These guys are secondary and won't win you cups as main cast. It would be a **** move but if push comes to shove I'd think this would be a case where Tootoo could be traded away to make cap space. Sammy's NTC will screw us just like bert for the next 2 years. Last thing we needed was Sammy and Bert on the third line. Cleary gone next season likely might as well trade him now.

Parise was always the icing on the cake, people. Don't get your hopes up. I'm pretty sure if Holland is in his office checking twitter for updates, we're not being as heavily considered. I'm sure the teams he's considering are in active communication with him and his agent.

Everything you hear right now is speculation. Hes going home to decide. It's just guys like Eklund (losers) spinning b.s. to keep us entranced. Parise could easily still choose the Wings IMO. It's all just a s*** show!

At this point I'd just want to address our Defensive issues right now and hopefully we can land Suter to solve that. It's something like this is why I hate the signings of Tootoo and Samuelsson on Day 1 of Free Agency if it's a money issue we could have had a better chance at getting both of them. Now I'm not so sure with only around $17 Million based on what Cap Geek says we will land even one. If it's just about money than we will lose both of them IMHO but if it's about making a better career choice as to haveing a successfull career and winning a Stanley Cup the Wings should still be one of the top teams in contention for these big-name players.

Can you please explain how having "only" 17m would in any way hurt our ability to get one of the two?

Even in considering pursuing both of them, trades are possible to shed salary. We're certainly not going into next season with 16 forwards, so trading or waiving players is inevitable with or without Parise. And if both Suter and Parise want 9 million per season, we'd be better off without having TWO such ridiculous cap hits anyways.

We lacked depth this past year and now have a little more. I think that peoples' personal dislikes of the new players are causing over-exaggerations about the room/cap space they take up.

Edited by Zetts

I don't know how much stock to put in it, since I never followed this guy on Twitter prior to another user here posting a rumor from him today. @NHLSourcesSay has just tweeted:

For the people who think Parise is still undecided (media) your wrong....he actually has, working out details of deal, he is a #Penguin

I'm still inclined not to believe it from this source.

Edited by Zetts

I don't know how much stock to put in it, since I never followed this guy on Twitter prior to another user here posting a rumor from him today. @NHLSourcesSay has just tweeted:

I'm still inclined not to believe it from this source.

Agreed.

He's an Eklund wanna be. With bad grammar.

I'm going to make the completely baseless prediction that the Wings don't get Parise and Suter, but sign Semin and Carle instead.

Agreed.

He's an Eklund wanna be. With bad grammar.

I'm going to make the completely baseless prediction that the Wings don't get Parise and Suter, but sign Semin and Carle instead.

The longer it takes them to decide, the more I believe they want to go to the same team, or just resign.

The longer it takes them to decide, the more I believe they want to go to the same team, or just resign.

Agreed, or Suter is just waiting for Parise to make a choice so he can decide if he could see himself playing there or not. I still think he comes here, maybe I have to think that for my sanity.

At this rate, I’d take that. + a trade

Semin in particular seems more Holland's style rather than land the biggest (and most expensive) fish out there. A talented player who's got somewhat of a bad rep and can live up to their potential here. Plus the lure of playing with Datsyuk. Hoping that with Detroit he'd shake the questionable work ethic tag.

Semin in particular seems more Holland's style rather than land the biggest (and most expensive) fish out there. A talented player who's got somewhat of a bad rep and can live up to their potential here. Plus the lure of playing with Datsyuk. Hoping that with Detroit he'd shake the questionable work ethic tag.

When I look at Semin I see Robert Lang all over again, has the talent, but lacks the heart.

When I look at Semin I see Robert Lang all over again, has the talent, but lacks the heart.

I was a huge Lang fan throughout his career and your point is well taken. But here's the main question, if we don't get Parise we need to do something to help our overall goal production to help Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Franzen has proven he's far too streaky to be a significant help or a big game player--at least the last few years. So with that in mind, outside of Semin who sale could we really sign that's going to support our offense?