Photo
- - - - -

Should Kronwall have to answer the bell for his hits?

niklas kronwall

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Kronwall have to answer the bell for his hits?

Should Kronwall have to answer the bell for his hits?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

Posted Image

I'd like to see where LGW stands in regards to this issue. The question is pretty self-explanatory. Please vote yes or no.

He's a skilled d-man who has excellent timing when it comes to hits. Because he plays against top-six forwards much of the time, chances are that he's going to hit and potentially concuss a skilled player, which some believe is wrong no matter what. What are your thoughts?

#2 crispychris

crispychris

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

As long as it is a clean hit, hell no. One of the first things I was told when playing hockey was "KEEP YOUR HEAD UP". If you got your head down and you get blown up it is on you. No one should have to answer for you not paying attention.

#3 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

I like to queue metallica's enter sandman everytime i see clips of kronner crunching folks.

#4 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,015 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

In a perfect world, Kronwall would crush someone with a clean hit, then when some idiot dropped the gloves and went after him, Kronner would start throwing haymakers and drop that guy too. But he's just not that player.

Would I love him to beat the crap out of someone who expects him to fight for a clean hit? Yes.
Should he HAVE to fight for a clean hit? No.

#5 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

i think of megadeth's "crush em" everytime....

i know...its a cheesy song. but it fits.
Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#6 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,144 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

As long as it is a clean hit, hell no. One of the first things I was told when playing hockey was "KEEP YOUR HEAD UP". If you got your head down and you get blown up it is on you. No one should have to answer for you not paying attention.

This. Stop admiring your sick puck handling skills and watch where the eff you're going. I don't ever like seeing someone seriously hurt, but I love watching players get leveled with a good clean hit. If they didn't learn to keep their heads up in pee wee, they'll certainly remember to do so after being on the receiving end of a good Kronwalling.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#7 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

If you are that worried about your star players, send them up the opposite wing. No reason to take it out on Kronner for being an excellent body checking defenceman.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#8 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

Personally I don't think it matters if the hit is clean or dirty nobody should "have" to answer the bell. He's now our #1 defenceman. Its better for the team that he not take himself out of games for 5 minutes at a time by dropping the gloves.

If he wants to answer the bell, great, most of us love a good fight, but that decision is up to the player himself.

#9 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

Absolutely not. Having to answer for clean hits is a huge problem in the game right now. Players take offense to anything it seems like. If Kronwall was running people in a dirty fashion, then I would understand.
  • Nev likes this

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#10 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

I don't think he should have to fight for clean hits, but having said that, I'm really surprised that more teams don't make him...or someone else on the team. The fact that he does it and gets away with it so much is a real surprise.

Note: On a positive note, seems like we'll never have to ask this question about Smith.

Edited by kipwinger, 18 August 2012 - 04:56 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#11 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

If i was an opposing coach, i would make him answer for it. Especially when he leaves his feet.

#12 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

...only if he executes an illegal hit. If its legal, the hitee should have to answer to his mommy for not paying attention out there!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#13 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

...only if he executes an illegal hit. If its legal, the hitee should have to answer to his mommy for not paying attention out there!

Again, I don't think that he SHOULD have to answer for it, but I agree with the statement above, if I'm an oppositing coach me most definitely WOULD answer for it. Colton Orr would be out the very next shift and someone would be in serious s***. The rules and the referees are there to police the game and keep people accountable, tough guys are there to keep the physicality on an even keel.

Edited by kipwinger, 18 August 2012 - 05:30 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#14 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

If i was an opposing coach, i would make him answer for it. Especially when he leaves his feet.

So you would make him answer for clean hits which are pretty much 99% of his hits? Why is that?
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#15 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

So you would make him answer for clean hits which are pretty much 99% of his hits? Why is that?

Perhaps because if I'm the coach my job is to win, and that's much more difficult if my top line guys are getting the hell beat out of them.

#16 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

Because beating up Kronwall's face might keep him from charging my guys. I like Krons, but your % is so far off. He leaves his feet 50% of the time. Watch old videos of Vlad if you want to see good hitting technique. Only red wing fans think Krons is clean.

#17 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

Because beating up Kronwall's face might keep him from charging my guys. I like Krons, but your % is so far off. He leaves his feet 50% of the time. Watch old videos of Vlad if you want to see good hitting technique. Only red wing fans think Krons is clean.

and obviously you are not a wings fan which we all know. So your point on the matter is a bit skewed and to say that 50% of his hits are illegal?? really? maybe you should re-watch some of his hits there chief and take off whatever color glasses you have on.

if his hits were 50% dirty and should of been penalized...why have they not been,...and why has he not been suspended? hmmmmmm

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 18 August 2012 - 06:29 PM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#18 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,015 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

His percentage may be off, but yours is even farther off.

I think Kronwall has left his feet too much in the past, though he was much better this last season. I'm guessing he took notice that the league had been cracking down. But even when he was leaving his feet, it wasn't anywhere near half the time.

He was credited with 113 hits in 2011. There's no way he left his feet 56 times. Raffi Headhunter Torres doesn't even reach those kind of numbers. Kronner would've been called for charging several times and likely been suspended.

#19 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,828 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

Sometimes. Depends on the situation. Honestly, I don't like seeing him skate away from a ***** like Kesler. He should have went with him, whether it was a clean hit or not. Makes our whole team look bad when he just skates away.

Then again, he is our number 1 defenseman and we should have someone out there to protect him. Unfortunately, Kenny won't get either another number one defenseman or someone to protect Kronwall. We're pretty much stuck with this lineup.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#20 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

His percentage may be off, but yours is even farther off.

I think Kronwall has left his feet too much in the past, though he was much better this last season. I'm guessing he took notice that the league had been cracking down. But even when he was leaving his feet, it wasn't anywhere near half the time.

He was credited with 113 hits in 2011. There's no way he left his feet 56 times. Raffi Headhunter Torres doesn't even reach those kind of numbers. Kronner would've been called for charging several times and likely been suspended.

Im just talking about his "kronwalled" hits. Half of those things arent so clean.