• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

NHL submits offer to NHLPA - **Suspension Warning Post #70 & #273*

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

Depends on who Kypreos' source comes from. The players who offered it or the owners side who are reviewing it right now

https://twitter.com/HockeyyInsiderr'>Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

According to sources https://twitter.com/search?q=#CBA&src=hash'>#CBA meeting still ongoing, closing in on 3 hours. From https://twitter.com/NHLPA'>@NHLPA source "Having a solid session". Good signs folks. https://twitter.com/NHL'>@NHL

Got excited then realized it was hockeyyinsiderr ha

And then the NHL will reject it. We have two options and two options only:

1) No deal at all, season cancelled. Most likely.

2) Deal is agreed to after two more weeks of strutting and refusal to compromise, but only at 11:59pm on January 14th, or whenever the last second deadline is.

That's how these things are done.

Are the negotiators paid by the hour or something?

I added it in the chat bar but for those of you who want a good look at what the league if offering, you can find it at www.tsn.ca and click on CBA update then the extended version. It basically goes over every facet of the propsal.

I am not taking sides here, but after reading it I feel like the NHL and Owners have made some consessions and that its a fair proposal. I am an eternal optimist, but I think we may just have some NHL hockey this season after all! Get it done boys!

Happy New Year all :balloon:

First if your not logged in when you read threads the layout is all messed up.

Anyway's did anyone notice the cap is reduced to 60 million the second year. With that in mind has anyone actually checked out capgeek to see how many teams are screwed. Minnie for example has 16 players under contract for 56.9 million. They get a buyout but that could mean alot of decent players available that year around the league. Vancouver I think is worse off currently.

First if your not logged in when you read threads the layout is all messed up.

Anyway's did anyone notice the cap is reduced to 60 million the second year. With that in mind has anyone actually checked out capgeek to see how many teams are screwed. Minnie for example has 16 players under contract for 56.9 million. They get a buyout but that could mean alot of decent players available that year around the league. Vancouver I think is worse off currently.

$56.9 is the actual payroll. Cap number (according to previous CBA rules) is $51.1M.

The word for the day:

escrow |ˈeskrō|Law

noun a bond, deed, or other document kept in the custody of a third party, taking effect only when a specified condition has been fulfilled.

[ usu. as modifier ] a deposit or fund held in trust or as a security: an escrow account.

the state of being kept in custody or trust in this way: the board holds funds inescrow .

Not getting my hopes up, but it at least seems that both sides have stopped the PR crap and are finally reading the proposals.

Even if the lockout ends this week, it would mean at least 4 weeks till the season can start so thats at least 1.02.12 :(

btw. the layout is messed up if you are not signed in

Edited by frankgrimes

Guest irishock
Not getting my hopes up, but it at least seems that both sides have stopped the PR crap and are finally reading the proposals.

Even if the lockout ends this week, it would mean at least 4 weeks till the season can start so thats at least 1.02.12 :(

btw. the layout is messed up if you are not signed in

? I'm pretty sure we're in 2013 and the Owners have Jan 19 as the deadline for season starting date

Vegas has it at Jan.7th for deal to be reached.. over/under?

Guest irishock

More from @NHLPA source: "Still have 1 or 2 key issues plus some minor lawyer tweaks. Steve (Fehr) told me the deal is sealed before Sunday"

Some KEY issues settled through internal meetings; BOTH sides making concessions @NHL @NHLPA "Expect official announcement before Sunday".

BREAKING NEWS: Even before bargaining session, HUGE progress being done> per @NHL source LOCKOUT 95% OVER #CONFIRMED#HockeyyInsiderr @NHLPA

(cnt) #CBA duration 10 years, both parties can opt out after 8; all teams can buy out a player before 2013/14 season without cap impact (cnt

(cont) no salary rollback of course+ elimination of re-entry waivers + extended Christmas break for the players (3 days min). #CBA

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

Your new #CBA details (agreed upon by both parties so far): $300M make whole; 6 year max contract; $70.2M cap this season, $63.5M next (cont

The main conflict remains @NHLPA request for cap on escrow.@NHL hope to solve this by moving up $3.5M on salary cap for 2013/14.

Update: Don Fehr just arrived at NHL offices on Avenues of America, NYC. @NHLPA

Take it for a grain of salt, it's Hockeyy insiderr

Then again, Eklund reported some accurate news, so who the F knows

Edited by irishock

well if its not coming from the real sources I hardly care about it.

From my point of view I still think, both sides will need a lot more meetings before the lockout ends. I'd like to see something like

7 years contract length

65 m cap for the first year and go from there (up!)

UFA ...staying the same

CBA duration 8 years with both sides having an outclause