• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jedi

NHL submits offer to NHLPA - **Suspension Warning Post #70 & #273*

Rate this topic

385 posts in this topic

More from @NHLPA source: "Still have 1 or 2 key issues plus some minor lawyer tweaks. Steve (Fehr) told me the deal is sealed before Sunday"

Some KEY issues settled through internal meetings; BOTH sides making concessions @NHL @NHLPA "Expect official announcement before Sunday".

BREAKING NEWS: Even before bargaining session, HUGE progress being done> per @NHL source LOCKOUT 95% OVER #CONFIRMED#HockeyyInsiderr @NHLPA

(cnt) #CBA duration 10 years, both parties can opt out after 8; all teams can buy out a player before 2013/14 season without cap impact (cnt

(cont) no salary rollback of course+ elimination of re-entry waivers + extended Christmas break for the players (3 days min). #CBA

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

Your new #CBA details (agreed upon by both parties so far): $300M make whole; 6 year max contract; $70.2M cap this season, $63.5M next (cont

The main conflict remains @NHLPA request for cap on escrow.@NHL hope to solve this by moving up $3.5M on salary cap for 2013/14.

Update: Don Fehr just arrived at NHL offices on Avenues of America, NYC. @NHLPA

Take it for a grain of salt, it's Hockeyy insiderr

Then again, Eklund reported some accurate news, so who the F knows

Edited by irishock

well if its not coming from the real sources I hardly care about it.

From my point of view I still think, both sides will need a lot more meetings before the lockout ends. I'd like to see something like

7 years contract length

65 m cap for the first year and go from there (up!)

UFA ...staying the same

CBA duration 8 years with both sides having an outclause

Meetings still not starting? Does the league want the players to dissolve the union and lose the entire season on purpose?

NVM

Update: meeting now expected to start at 9 pm ET. League needed extra time to complete its response to NHLPA counter.

They're probably searching up the dictionary to find some better metaphors

Hearing NHL new counter offer it has worked on last 24 hrs is comprehensive; hence the delay this evening putting finishing touches on it

We're 27 hours away from the NHLPA's deadline to file a disclaimer of interest...

Edited by irishock

Although it hasn't been brought up in negotiations both #NHL#NHLPA have had internal discussions on 4 more teams qualifying for playoffs

doubt it goes through.

That would be terrible, some please explain a scenario in which an extra 4 teams in the playoffs even works out. 2 extra teams in each conference works out to 10 teams, so eliminate half after first round, that's 5 teams left, what do you do with the extra team? 4 extra teams per conference is 12 teams which means it will go down to 6 teams then 3, again what do you do with the extra team?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Euro_Twins" data-cid="2337268" data-time="1357104028"><p>

That would be terrible, some please explain a scenario in which an extra 4 teams in the playoffs even works out. 2 extra teams in each conference works out to 10 teams, so eliminate half after first round, that's 5 teams left, what do you do with the extra team? 4 extra teams per conference is 12 teams which means it will go down to 6 teams then 3, again what do you do with the extra team?</p></blockquote>

Byes for the top 6 seeds in each conference. 3 game series to start between the other 4 teams for the last 2 spots. Then play on as usual.

I'd have it at 6 teams making the playoffs from each side honestly. NFL style.

Kypreos says NHLPA wants 7 year max. contract, NHL stuck at 6.

Kypreos says NHLPA wants 7 year max. contract, NHL stuck at 6.

They should meet in the middle and go 6 and a half

Disclaimer of interest expires at midnight... I don't see the season being saved if the players do it. It worked in the NBA and NFL but the NHL is a new breed.

A disclaimer of interest will only be filed if the NHLPA believes that progress isn't being made. With progress being made recently, they won't file now. Now if the discussion goes off the rails, then expect that to happen. If the NHLPA does file for disclaimer of interest, then the season will probably be lost as this will be tossed into the courts.

More teams in the playoffs? Over half the league already makes it in. I'd rather reduce the teams in the playoffs. Otherwise, what's the point of the regular season?

Nev and F.Michael like this

I am confused by the apparent lack of discussion on fixing the conferences / divisions. I liked the 4 conference system proposed by the NHL... I wonder if they are not opening that can of worms for fear of further complication? I am hoping it get's addressed soon... would love to see Detroit west less.

Edited by RedWingsDad