• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

NHL submits offer to NHLPA - **Suspension Warning Post #70 & #273*

Rate this topic

per Ward's twitter:

Shouldn't expect conference call for players,until Lawyers/NHLPA has finished clarification process.Likely puts us into tomorrow. #TSN

It's sounding like just getting all the details on this offer is going to take a while, then presenting to players, then counteroffer/negotiations.

So I'm guessing there won't be a response from the NHLPA for a couple days maybe?

Guest irishock

They won't take it until the absolute deadline. Going to be a fun one.

The Ottawa Sun leaking the "cancelled season is not an option" story will only work for Fehr.

Edited by irishock

It'd be VERY interesting to see who Minnesota buys out.... No way they buyout one of the Olsen Twins...Looks like it may be the ******* All-Star...

Honeslty, I wish Holland would buyout Franzine...or trade him for a player that actually WANTS to play...

According to capgeek, Minnesota has 16 payers signed for 13-14 season at $51.1M cap hit. So they just need to find 6-7 guys at around $1M each to fill the roster.

So cancelling the entire season is unacceptable, but cancelling half the season wasn't that big a deal?

Do any of these morons realize how much they've already screwed things up for the league? A shortened season already questions the legitimacy of the entire season, as well as all the bad PR this has gotten.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest irishock

Franzen won't be bought out. Not when he's still the best goal scorer on the team. It'll be Bert or Sammy imo.

Franzen won't be bought out. Not when he's still the best goal scorer on the team. It'll be Bert or Sammy imo.

I really hope it isn't Big Bert. He's got grit (please do not start that argument) and still chips in offensively. He also looked comfortable in Homer's screening role. Sammy is... well, Sammy.

Guest irishock

Bert has a lot of shootout value as well. He pretty much netted us an extra 5 points last year scoring 5 shootout goals.

Bert just had his contract renewed, and sammy just signed on, I doubt we will buy them out, we will wait to see who is under achieving then make an assessment

Ward's twitter:

NHLPA / NHL lawyers and financial staff met face to face.Still in the review and clarification stage. #TSN

Negotiating Committee has not received notification to come to NYC.Expected when bargaining session planned.

The lawyers and financial people spending this long on the details seems new compared to earlier proposals.

The fact that they are being so careful and taking their time with understanding it tells me that the players and the owners understand that this is it... if these negotiations explode then that is the season. I think the players are relatively happy with this and are taking their time to understand everything before moving on to a counterproposal or bargaining in general for some tweaks. I think there will be a season ...

Guest irishock

Red Wings sources: Hockey season will be salvaged, Jan. 19 start

http://motorcitymuckraker.com/2012/12/30/red-wings-sources-hockey-season-will-be-salvaged-jan-19-start/

Players, vendors and employees have been told to expect the season to begin on Jan. 19. One active NHL player confirmed the news with excitement. A Red Wings legend and Hockey Hall Of Famer called friends and colleagues, spreading the news.

I'm guessing Ted Lindsay

Within the Red Wings organization, the team is preparing to retire Nicklas Lidstrom’s #5 this season. This ceremony has not been officially announced yet, but everyone knew it was just a matter of time. The team has informed product vendors to prepare for Lidstrom’s night.
The team even erected a concourse banner in preparation of the new season.

I'm still cautiously optimistic. This is the NHL we're talking about.

Edited by irishock

Red Wings sources: Hockey season will be salvaged, Jan. 19 start

http://motorcitymuckraker.com/2012/12/30/red-wings-sources-hockey-season-will-be-salvaged-jan-19-start/

I'm guessing Ted Lindsay

I'm still cautiously optimistic. This is the NHL we're talking about.

I remember this cocktease from several weeks ago, and right before the 2005 season was cancelled. I'll believe it when I see it.