• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
turbowhistle86

Blackhawks selling melted ice from Finals

Rate this topic

ESPN is reporting that the Hawks are bottling and selling melted ice from their Final series. I've heard of selling the football turf or basketball hardwood, but who is dumb enough to buy water that may (or may not) have been frozen into a rink once?

In all fairness, how many of the Hawks fans realize that "melted ice" is water?

Ok. I'll admit it. If you were able to certify that you had a hermetically sealed jar of water that had been ice from the Joe from 3/26/97, I'd buy it as a souvenir.

It's corny and off the beaten path, but it's different, and I'll give them points for that.

So I'm the only one that thinks this is actually kind of cool?

Cool, but not frozen.

:P

After all the talk of saliva and stuff, I don't think that it as quite as cool as I did when I read the OP, but it's all good. We buy game-used everything else, why not ice?

In all fairness, how many of the Hawks fans realize that "melted ice" is water?

Ok. I'll admit it. If you were able to certify that you had a hermetically sealed jar of water that had been ice from the Joe from 3/26/97, I'd buy it as a souvenir.

It's corny and off the beaten path, but it's different, and I'll give them points for that.

I'm right there with you on the Fight Night at the Joe ice; the only question is would we get Floppa's blood or The Turtle's blood?

And it's been done by (SURPRISE!) the Penguins and the Flyers before I believe.

I signed up for email alerts on the status of "ice" sales; I couldn't help myself. I just want to see how much they're charging for it and, if I can, see how sales are going. Supposedly it's a "wait list." Seriously?

I'm right there with you on the Fight Night at the Joe ice; the only question is would we get Floppa's blood or The Turtle's blood?

And it's been done by (SURPRISE!) the Penguins and the Flyers before I believe.

I signed up for email alerts on the status of "ice" sales; I couldn't help myself. I just want to see how much they're charging for it and, if I can, see how sales are going. Supposedly it's a "wait list." Seriously?

Could be a way to drive sales up

Guest Playmaker

What makes the Hawks fans, "bandwagon" and not the Wings fans? Anyone who's under 35 has no recollection of the Wings not being a good competitive team. Norris made Wirtz look like Owner of the Year.