• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWang

Brendan Smith

Rate this topic

Really? I thought a young player, who didn't have the luxury of learning from the perfect human and just takes a bit more time to find his game would be the worst DetroitRedWings defender ever?

I like the guy and still believe he is going to become a very serviceable top 4 defender.

K seriously dude what's the deal.

Not everyone can walk in and be a stand out like Dekeyser. I was one that regularly said the same thing about Ericsson that most are saying about Smith now. Ericsson took his time but is finding his ground and Smith will be the same. For now enjoy Dekeyser's success unti Smitty finds his ground.

Oh. What about that Kindl guy? 2 years ago I'd have said he was on his way out of town but he has actually finally proven some worth. Patience. It will be worth it.

For the record I'm among the group that believes Smith's long-term potential upside is massive, and it is worth keeping him around and putting him on the ice so he can develop into a solid defensman. The first 14 games he had as a call up she showed incredible offensive instinct. I still believe this kid can be the next gen Rafalski once he learns how to incorporate his type of game into Babcock's system.

Kronwall-Dekeseyer

Ericsson-Smith

Should be the top 4. Those guys can eat up the majority of the minutes and let Kindl and Quincey get easy minutes. I know Ericsson just got back from injury but since his return him and Kronwall don't seem to look as good as Kronwall with DD

Edited by joesuffP

All I know is it better be Quincey's last season in Detroit

I'm still trying to figure out why Quincey was not sent down to clear cap space. Cleary and Q sucking air with the Griffins would clear almost 5 MILLION and they both suck.

All I know is it better be Quincey's last season in Detroit

I'm still trying to figure out why Quincey was not sent down to clear cap space. Cleary and Q sucking air with the Griffins would clear almost 5 MILLION and they both suck.

Thanks to be stupid new CBA, you can only burry 1 million at max from the cap space, the other money is used to support .... we all know what. :(

Kronwall-Dekeseyer

Ericsson-Smith

Should be the top 4. Those guys can eat up the majority of the minutes and let Kindl and Quincey get easy minutes. I know Ericsson just got back from injury but since his return him and Kronwall don't seem to look as good as Kronwall with DD

If only our 5-6 behind that excellent top 4 was Kindl-Ouellet. I can't wait for guys to fight to keep their spot from Sproul as well, who is now kicking serious ass in GR.

If only our 5-6 behind that excellent top 4 was Kindl-Ouellet. I can't wait for guys to fight to keep their spot from Sproul as well, who is now kicking serious ass in GR.

I take some comfort in the knowledge that our blue line is going to be really, really awesome - in 50 years.

DeKeyser. Smith. Almqvist. Ouellet. Sproul. Maybe Marchenko. Hellllzzz yeah.

I take some comfort in the knowledge that our blue line is going to be really, really awesome - in 50 years.

DeKeyser. Smith. Almqvist. Ouellet. Sproul. Maybe Marchenko. Hellllzzz yeah.

Backman is going to surprise a lot of people as well. Easy to forget about when not in Grand Rapids.

Recently ranked as our 8th best prospect.

I gotta say I had a massive man crush for B.Smith last night. The guy was playing like a stud out there. When he was up and yelling at Neil in the box I had this excitement and emotion inside me that I haven't had in so long since the wings got rid of the enforcer type. The most coveted players in the league are those that are special talents but can also bring sandpaper. Smith can be a huge guy for us if he brings this level of play every night.

Smith has been great since his return. Like really good. Just sucks because it seems whenever a player turns things around another players turns for the worst. Smith was our best defensemen last night. Kronwall and Ericsson haven't been good since E's return and Kindl and Quincey are always terrible

I was really happy with Smith last night. Played a good game and showed some balls going up against someone who is, let's be honest, one of the very best in the league at what he does.

If anything, though, his performance made me that much more eager for him to get a look up front, when DD returns. Broken record, I know, but I really believe he could do a lot of damage on the forecheck with his speed, size, willingness to get his nose dirty, and high-end skillz. We could really use some "pop" up front. Then again, we could also really use it on the back end.

Either way, good on Smitty.