• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#41 Yeti

Yeti

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

The nastiest enforcer Kenny can and should find. There are some really mean SOBs in the AHL, they are  just waiting for a call to play on a NHL team.

Hopefully Tootoo will be in the lineup for the next Sens game

#42 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

Hopefully Tootoo will be in the lineup for the next Sens game

Nah not Tootoot he doesn't stand a chance against Neil or "Kassasian" someone like McGarattan, McIntyre or Scott is needed.

Unbelievable what a bunch of standarounds this team has become (thanks Kenny), back in the days you hit our captain and boom that happened:

https://www.youtube....aTGP1th0A#t=386

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#43 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

Nah not Tootoot he doesn't stand a chance against Neil or "Kassasian" someone like McGarattan, McIntyre or Scott is needed.

Unbelievable what a bunch of standarounds this team has become (thanks Kenny), back in the days you hit our captain and boom that happened:

Man, McCarty getting up and pointing to him and saying "You'ref****** dead" Ah, the good ole days /nostalgia

#NOMOREKINDL

#44 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

I miss these days, truly was the golden era. I don't think the Wings will ever find a player that played the role as well as Mccarty. Which is a shame because they could damn well use one.

#45 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

You know Keczmer had to be crapping his pants when Kocur was going after him. 

Fun to see Yzerman getting his own retribution against a scrub player for taking a run at him.

#46 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

I miss these days, truly was the golden era. I don't think the Wings will ever find a player that played the role as well as Mccarty. Which is a shame because they could damn well use one.

I think there are still guys like that outthere, man watching such good old school DRW videos is really hard, it's night and day between the team today and these in the good old days.

You know Keczmer had to be crapping his pants when Kocur was going after him. 

Fun to see Yzerman getting his own retribution against a scrub player for taking a run at him.

I just love seeing Stevie getting his retribution but man Keczmer looked like he almost ... in his pants when Kocur pointed at him

Edited by frankgrimes, 24 November 2013 - 01:20 PM.

lidsretire2.jpg

#47 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

I can't decide which is worse for Dats, getting an elbow to the face from Cowen and have it go entirely unpunished, or having to play with Cleary and Weiss as linemates all night.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#48 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

Whooo hooo now THAT was an entertaining game!

#49 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

Well I'm not gonna defend Hollands cap management because it's a joke, however Alfie is ready to go tonight so we're gonna be fine for forwards.

My fault, thank you. I read earlier Pav and Bert weren't with the team in Buffalo, but good to hear Alfie is back.

#50 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,291 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

I doubt anyone on the ice or on the bench realized what happened in the moment. Would someone have gone after Cowen if they did? Maybe, maybe not.

Either way some people need to stop living in the past.

#51 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,062 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

I don't think it's necessarily that people are living in the past. I think it's more that our team has been neutered and forced to go without an easy fix to a potentially crippling weakness, which just adds more fuel to the our-team-has-been-poorly-managed fire.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#52 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

I doubt anyone on the ice or on the bench realized what happened in the moment. Would someone have gone after Cowen if they did? Maybe, maybe not.

Since when did enforcing cheap shots become a thing of the past?

9/10 teams will protect and get retribution for their team-mates.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#53 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,062 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

I don't want to make too big a deal out of last night's lost, but I will say...you hope this wasn't a "reverse-statement game." One that tells every team in the league: push this team around. Take it to them. Rough them up. You can get away with it (re: the officiating and our sorry-ass power play that's supposed to be our big enforcer/deterrent).

Don't Toews me, bro!

#54 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

Why?  Are you offended?  I enjoyed watching THAT team.  I don't enjoy watching THIS team get their asses handed to them.

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 24 November 2013 - 02:03 PM.

#55 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

just an example:

cheapshot Kessel......answer to Orr, Frazer, McLaren or Clarkson

cheapshot Monahan, Bärtschi......answer to McGrattan

cheapshot Landeskog.....answer to Bordeleau

cheapshot Krug..answer to Thornton, Lucic, McQuaid and Chara

cheapshot PD....answer to .....no....ah yes the superb powerplay blowing 5 on 3s........body

lidsretire2.jpg

#56 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,291 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

Since when did enforcing cheap shots become a thing of the past?

9/10 teams will protect and get retribution for their team-mates.

Not after this kind of hit. Who the hell even saw it the first time? Had Datsyuk stayed down after the Methot hit I'm fairly sure someone would have gone after him. Not Mccarty on Lemieux jumped him, but gotten up in his face atleast. Ericsson, Smith, Abdelkader, Miller, Bert(when in) can all challenge guys. Yeah we don't have a Kocur but who the hell does? Mccarty was also pretty unique. People freak out everytime we have a game where we look 'weak'. Worst part this time is that we are freaking out because we lost against Ottawa. A seriously awful team whose 1 great player is a soft as jelly smooth-skating SWEDISH d-man. But I guess some think Neil is their MVP.

I'll be clear, I have nothing against having 1-2 tougher guys on the 4th line. Obviously having Sammy there is awful. Tootoo is the quick fix. But until the salary cap is lifted we're not gonna have several goons or the extremely rare skilled+tough guys as well as highly skilled players. We are what we are. We are far from perfect but becoming more skilled and better at beating teams with skill is a much, much more realistic scenario than trying to swing huge trades for big forwards and enforcers and etc.

Edited by dat's sick, 24 November 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#57 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,359 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

Not after this kind of hit. Who the hell even saw it the first time? Had Datsyuk stayed down after the Methot hit I'm fairly sure someone would have gone after him. Not Mccarty on Lemieux jumped him, but gotten up in his face atleast. Ericsson, Smith, Abdelkader, Miller, Bert(when in) can all challenge guys. Yeah we don't have a Kocur but who the hell does? Mccarty was also pretty unique. People freak out everytime we have a game where we look 'weak'. Worst part this time is that we are freaking out because we lost against Ottawa. A seriously awful team whose 1 great player is a soft as jelly smooth-skating SWEDISH d-man. But I guess some think Neil is their MVP.

I wish we went after Karlsson a bit seeing as they went after Z, Dats, and an oft injured Helm. Karlsson is the kind of player who really gets off his game when you play him physical. Would have liked to have Abby finish some checks and mix it up a bit with him to see if he can get his blood running.

#58 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

So now Neil's impact on the outcome of the game is being questioned?  Hilarity.  Neil and his line had their way with the Wings last night and their team won because of it.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#59 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

@SunGarrioch: Doesn't appear to be any supplementary discipline for Senators D Jared Cowen. No hearing scheduled today. #Sens

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#60 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

I just want this team to stand up for themselves and each other.  I don't want this snarling, get-in-your-face crap that Sammuelson pulls thinking he's tough either.  I don't care if it makes a difference in the outcome of the game.  But what it does show other teams they can take advantage of this team and hurt them with no retribution. Ooooh that guy that hurt our guy will get 5-6 games but that doesn't help our guy that's out hurt for who knows how many games or our team, does it.

Ok off my soapbox for now :lol:

@SunGarrioch: Doesn't appear to be any supplementary discipline for Senators D Jared Cowen. No hearing scheduled today. #Sens

And we'll just roll over...