• Please log in to reply
329 replies to this topic

#141 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:20 PM

I'm still not concerned, as I think he will come around. With pav and hank out, I do hope it is sooner rather than later. But the guy went from playing in Florida to being in detroit with HBO cameras all over the place. Every 24/7 that has aired so far seemed to have teams playing like s***. Cameras following them ever where is probably a big part of that for some players. Especially a guy who played his entire career in a place that doesn't give two hoots about hockey. He'll come around. 

#142 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

i think once were healthy again and if weiss hasnt picked it up he will start getting scratched. or i hope he does

#143 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

I'm still not concerned, as I think he will come around. With pav and hank out, I do hope it is sooner rather than later. But the guy went from playing in Florida to being in detroit with HBO cameras all over the place. Every 24/7 that has aired so far seemed to have teams playing like s***. Cameras following them ever where is probably a big part of that for some players. Especially a guy who played his entire career in a place that doesn't give two hoots about hockey. He'll come around. 

what game do you start getting concerned?? the hbo camera's just started like a week ago, hasnt been there since the start

#144 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

He just seems unremarkable in every way. I didn't know much about him before but liked his stats and what I heard about him, but so far he's not shown much of anything. He's not fast, he's doesn't have a great shot, he's not strong on the puck, he doesn't win a lot of puck battles, he's not big or physical, he's not anything special defensively, he's not a great playmaker. I've seen a few glimpses of good stickhandling, showing he can beat a guy 1-on-1, but it's been too rare. 

Hope he finds his game, fast. I'm really starting to doubt he is a good fit for this team. 

I think this is exactly what I said after game 3 of season about him. We are what game 30 almost and it's actually worse now for me and him.. Better hurry up and prove everyone wrong and that he's worth this money. I don't think he's even remotely close to it.

#145 Internet.Unknown

Internet.Unknown

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

i think once were healthy again and if weiss hasnt picked it up he will start getting scratched. or i hope he does

I don't hope for that. I hope he turns his game around.

#146 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:33 PM

what game do you start getting concerned?? the hbo camera's just started like a week ago, hasnt been there since the start

I don't get concerned. I love the Wings, and watch every game. I root through the good times and the bad. But to get concerned because 1 player on my favourite hockey team is having trouble adjusting? Life is too short to stress over something I have no control over.

We all know what he is capable of. All players go through droughts. His confidence is just not there right now, and when he finally does break through, I'm confident he will break out. He isn;t exactly the first player to go into a scoring drought. And it isn't like he is out there costing the team games night in ad night out. As long as he is playing responsible hockey, than what's to worry about? Be patient. The points will come. 

#147 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

Actually they were filming for a little while at the beginning of the season as well

#148 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

Ah, the classic fan reaction to a new player who struggles out of the gate. Somehow, these 30 games erase every second he's ever played in the NHL. Remarkably, he was never as good as people said, or any good, for that matter.

People, he didn't just forget how to play hockey overnight. We see the stat line. We get it. Beating a dead horse isn't going to make him magically produce. He's a good hockey player who did a lot with a little in Florida. If every player should be bounced 30 games into a 5-year deal for a rough stretch, no one would stick anywhere.

#149 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

His stats aren't what is most alarming. The way he looks on the ice is what is worrying. I wouldn't be surprised if he's acting all pissy because of the way Babcock is using him. He looked like a great player his first 2 shifts of the year than absolutely nothing and since his return from injury and his extra responsibility now has been even worse

#150 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:14 PM

I don't get concerned. I love the Wings, and watch every game. I root through the good times and the bad. But to get concerned because 1 player on my favourite hockey team is having trouble adjusting? Life is too short to stress over something I have no control over.

We all know what he is capable of. All players go through droughts. His confidence is just not there right now, and when he finally does break through, I'm confident he will break out. He isn;t exactly the first player to go into a scoring drought. And it isn't like he is out there costing the team games night in ad night out. As long as he is playing responsible hockey, than what's to worry about? Be patient. The points will come. 

as long as hes playing responsible hockey ? hes been playing like he doesnt have any care in the world , no hustle , nothing

i hope he turns it around because he signed a 5 yr deal but i always thought he was overrated ...if he was trying hard and competing every shift i wouldnt be concerned

Actually they were filming for a little while at the beginning of the season as well

well couldnt of been that long , i just heard thursday on hockey central hbo camera's arrived this week film leafs players

#151 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

His stats aren't what is most alarming. The way he looks on the ice is what is worrying. I wouldn't be surprised if he's acting all pissy because of the way Babcock is using him. He looked like a great player his first 2 shifts of the year than absolutely nothing and since his return from injury and his extra responsibility now has been even worse

If you mix Robert Lang's work ethic with Dan Cleary's skillset, you get what Steven Weiss has looked like this season.    

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#152 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

Weiss has a NMC and a NTC, so he won't be moved.  He will come around. Look at who he was playing with, frickin Cleary and Sammy.  I agree, now that the big guys are out, he needs to take advantage of this opportunity.  He will be fine.  He needs to find some chemistry with players that can make him better (not worse like Cleary and Sammy do.)

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#153 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

Weiss has a NMC and a NTC, so he won't be moved.  He will come around. Look at who he was playing with, frickin Cleary and Sammy.  I agree, now that the big guys are out, he needs to take advantage of this opportunity.  He will be fine.  He needs to find some chemistry with players that can make him better (not worse like Cleary and Sammy do.)

i laugh when i read that ... he didnt start off the year with cleary and samuelsson , theres a reason hes playing with them

#154 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

let's all be honest here. We've seen enough. He's a writeoff 

#155 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:34 PM

I would have gladly paid Fil $5 million a year if I knew how invisible Weiss would be. This is pathetic. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#156 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

i laugh when i read that ... he didnt start off the year with cleary and samuelsson , theres a reason hes playing with them

Ya cause he got put with franzen who really was playing quite poorly to start the season, and when he didn't click he got shipped to the fourth, he never got to develop any chemistry, and they didn't bother trying him with z or dats. But Cleary got every opportunity and painfully so over the past two seasons to do something while failing miserably, but babs only gave Weiss a dozen or so games.

#157 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

he looked okay in the 3rd - actually managed to get involved. obviously need more than that but its a positive going forward.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#158 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

has he even made a hit in the last 29 games? i remember his first game he looked decent threw hits. now nothing floats. only keeps the puck on his stick for a second. doesnt try to create anything

#159 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

Ya cause he got put with franzen who really was playing quite poorly to start the season, and when he didn't click he got shipped to the fourth, he never got to develop any chemistry, and they didn't bother trying him with z or dats. But Cleary got every opportunity and painfully so over the past two seasons to do something while failing miserably, but babs only gave Weiss a dozen or so games.

he's been given powerplay opportunities and still done nothing ... hes suppose to be a playmaker but has 2 assists , a good playmaker makes players around them better , you think if kunitz is getting 30+ goals on his own?? maybe weiss just is not this good playmaker people seem to think he is , i havent seen it yet

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 07 December 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#160 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:43 PM

he looked okay in the 3rd - actually managed to get involved. obviously need more than that but its a positive going forward.

This. I think he had a good third and was one of the few active, recognizable Wings. 

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate