• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Smite

I am not a fan of the Sharks, but I applaud this.

Rate this topic

Signed him to a one-day contract? Did he get league minimum?

League minimum pro-rated down to a single day would be about 2,000 bucks. Which should just about cover the increases to his insurance premium when you consider he's adding a career in professional hockey to a pre-existing heart condition.

For those of us that can't see videos at work could I get a quick description of it? I'm gathering some of the details by reading the comments you posted.

Seems like a make-a-wish type thing. Kid has life-long heart condition, gets signed to a one-day contract with Sharks, and skated out with them through their shark head thingy. They said it's the first time anyone that was a non-real-player was allowed through there. They didn't say, but it almost looks like he got to stay on the bench for the game. Not sure though.

For those of us that can't see videos at work could I get a quick description of it? I'm gathering some of the details by reading the comments you posted.

These still have the videos but the articles provide a little more background.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/sharks-make-sam-tageson-s-hockey-wish-come-true-and-it-s-a-tearjerker--video-070219363.html

http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_25367992/sharks-welcome-youth-heart-condition-practice

Seems like a make-a-wish type thing. Kid has life-long heart condition, gets signed to a one-day contract with Sharks, and skated out with them through their shark head thingy. They said it's the first time anyone that was a non-real-player was allowed through there. They didn't say, but it almost looks like he got to stay on the bench for the game. Not sure though.

Well, actually he was a signed player that skated through the Shark head.